Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April 2021 Discussion

Torch Tiger

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Can anyone help remember this. I only have a very vague recollection. Was this widespread or strictly localized?

vTrlemZ.png

I remember that one. We had about 4-5” of paste. Here’s last years thread. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

We're going to need to do a QC check on your neighbor up there before your totals are official :). Depth measured in plow pile is sort of a red flag...lol.

I’m going to build Phin a snowboard set up with a 5 foot dowel this summer so he can join the tally with his backyard measurements (even monitor it remotely)... and then maybe carry the torch if that dude really is in his 80s, might need a new observer up there soon.  Put it out in the field with a couple Wyoming snow fences around it, perfect set up.

If this set up gets north, should do well up in Randolph on east flow. May be more than a stat padder.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

No way. You’ll do better if the trends aren’t a fake out.

Going to have to drive up the hill to see accumulations....will probably look like the October snow, will be able to see it snowing from my backyard, while it is all rain here

10 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

Going to have to drive up the hill to see accumulations....will probably look like the October snow, will be able to see it snowing from my backyard, while it is all rain here

I think so too. We could see flakes but no accums...maybe a little bit on new mulch beds if things break right. 

13 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Shut em down?

Yet, somehow it was still a decent ski season. Mid Jan to Mid Mar was really nice. No rain and perfect temps.

The almost total lack of meaningful snow in March and April followed by the strong warm stretches and back-to-back-to-back rain events late season were the killers.

18z op Euro bumped solidly north. That would likely take most of SNE out of the snowfall threat outside of nuisance stuff and mainly high terrain...hard to say for sure since it only goes to 90h but that look would be better for CNE

23 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Shut em down?

Yeah man, it’s something special out there.  I posted that graph yesterday with the relevant data and it got 10,000 views.  It’s been big news.

Lowest depth since records started in 1954 at an unbiased consistent measurement of a piece of wood strapped to a tree, ha.  Science.

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah man, it’s something special out there.  I posted that graph yesterday with the relevant data and it got 10,000 views.  It’s been big news.

Lowest depth since records started in 1954 at an unbiased consistent measurement of a piece of wood strapped to a tree, ha.  Science.

I brought a pretty serious curse with me, I'm afraid.