Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 2021 Discussion

Torch Tiger

4 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Just incredible.  Third week of June continues.

At least this high but may be warmer between hourly obs:

BTV/MVL/HIE/BML all 76F

Another record high for the picnic tables on Mansfield.  Yesterday set the record max and record high min.

So what was it at the end of May last year when it was 96 up there lol if now is the third week of June ... that musta been the 7th dimension of Dante’s Inferno

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

This warmth has the animals stirring.

A friend who lives up Mountain Road from me caught a big bear at their front door.  Stowe had the most bear reports last summer in the state apparently.  They are coming back for more. Early summer heat woke them up early.

They don't actually truly hibernate, just lazily rest until the food gets easier to forage.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

So what was it at the end of May last year when it was 96 up there lol if now is the third week of June ... that musta been the 7th dimension of Dante’s Inferno

Oh it was Dante’s Inferno last year.  ASOS’ setting their all-time highs for any month of the year...in May?  These early, high-end warm patterns have been breaking records lately.  Before the vegetation is growing and greenery (evapotranspiration), the recent heaters have been performing very effectively. 

I had a direct encounter with a 500 lb male down here along the Nashua River bike trail two summers ago. 

Loped away into the woods after just a five second staring contest but it was definitely a rapid heart rate moment ... I had never seen one in the wild - was  completely unprepared. 

The potentially not so funny thing about that encounter was that less than a half mile later on the same path there’s a woman with a baby crib rolling by ... basically just other pedestrians to and fro…

I later called the police and they connected me to some kind of game warden I think was the title? Anyway they told me they were glad that I called that in because they were looking for the sire; apparently there’s a couple moms in along Rt 2/N with cubs ...which incidentally are far more dangerous even in accidental encounter than that male by the way -

Black bears may not look very big on television but man they’re huge. The head of that thing was like the size of nightmare and when it bounded across the bike path it literally extended the entire distance of the bike path width. When I described that to the game warden she said it was most likely a big male - 450 to 500 lbs of ‘im