• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 2021 Discussion

Torch Tiger

Interesting ... if perhaps otherwise tedious observation about the last 24 hours.  I think a weak or nondescript/ .. defused backdoor front actually came through unnoticed yesterday, disguised as a breeze boundary.  It's presently 7 to 9 F colder than this same time yesterday across eastern/NE Mass ... And late yesterday afternoon one could see a defined boundary scouring CU out, as it snaked west through the afternoon. And the late day hi res vis imagery showed low cloud and fog shrouds moving due west while the outer fringes of the old ocean vortex higher levels were still rotating S.

So, there was an undercut flow that diverged/diffluently peeled west and pulled inland in the afternoon. Probably a hybrid between breeze/Labrador rhea, also with weakly defined BD. 

I wonder if means the high temps cap short of forecasts today ...or, does this mix out for large diurnal

Oh man.. it's utopia out there... 64 here and actually, despite making the observation that late yesterday a BD of sorts 'smeared' through ... we are actually now 1 deg ahead of yesterday ...Insane bounce back ... Calm, and totally clear solar sear.

The low yesterday was 40 to 44 within 10 mi of Ayer at multiple home stations - so likely valid by shear weight of sample size.  Las night was 35-37 so... 8 or 9 colder.  Despite the lower launch pad, we are actually warmer/ing if not by scalar value, definitely in rate of recovery.  Yesterday we topped at 70 or 71 just before the scouring of CU demarcated the west penetration of Labrador rhea... It looks like the wind field in the various guidance sans any such BD or s-breeze penetration repeat, so ...we may put back the 3 or 4 degrees on the highs today that were stolen from us yesterday.   ...My god, it's a Asperger's paradise of analytics out there -

It all goes away next week...  Man, that GGEM 00z solution drives a 959 mb low just too far E around the 17th-19th of the month.  But, just the overall tenor of the runs, don't really appeal like today ( and probably tomorrow...) will happen again for a minimum of 10 days.  But like we said last night  -it's been out there for a long time, and at least the first week's worth of it has failed to verify - it does lend some notion that it may all be over-selling its self in the guidance some.  Heh,... kind of like the antithesis of that shit summer that chases a ridge in the guidance that never seems to get inside of D7... then, on September 15th...it finally does warm up but of course the sun is setting on the season so it's a gip -job for heat enthusiasts... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

61 and sunny just 10 miles inland 

51 and cloudy. I can see the blue sky to my north from my second floor window lol.  I have been busy at work all week so I was hoping this afternoon/tomorrow would be nice. But that might not be the case. 

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

70F at MVL.... 57F at the Picnic Tables, setting a new daily record high for MMNV1 at 4,000ft.  And it's only 12:45pm.

Another great mid-June day.

I wonder when the rubber band will snap back?

I kinda hope this continues through the summer and then in the fall it snaps back to wet and cold.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Interesting ... if perhaps otherwise tedious observation about the last 24 hours.  I think a weak or nondescript/ .. defused backdoor front actually came through unnoticed yesterday, disguised as a breeze boundary.  It's presently 7 to 9 F colder than this same time yesterday across eastern/NE Mass ... And late yesterday afternoon one could see a defined boundary scouring CU out, as it snaked west through the afternoon. And the late day hi res vis imagery showed low cloud and fog shrouds moving due west while the outer fringes of the old ocean vortex higher levels were still rotating S.

So, there was an undercut flow that diverged/diffluently peeled west and pulled inland in the afternoon. Probably a hybrid between breeze/Labrador rhea, also with weakly defined BD. 

I wonder if means the high temps cap short of forecasts today ...or, does this mix out for large diurnal

Just power washed the upper deck. Hot in the sun again today. Gorgeous Chamber day

1 hour ago, Sn0waddict said:

So I guess the CT coast is going to be cloudy today and tomorrow now? 3k nam has rain here tomorrow. Ugh.

1 hour ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

61 and sunny just 10 miles inland 

46 at GON  and 44 at the mouth of the CT River.  Mid 40's to low 50's all along the CT shoreline.  :axe:

Currently 67 at work here in Norwich.

44 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

First effects of onshore flow in NJ. Only upper 50s right now, it was in the 70s yesterday.

Goodbye clear, sunny skies.

Slow moving atmosphere ftw -

we cash in on nape kisses today and tomorrow.

We shits Sunday though ... and I'm not ready to toss a mid month cold enterprising event - in whatever form that ultimately insults.   We are being extraordinarily blessed to have had this many nape or balm days, either kind, during any month that begins with "ape" and ends with "ril"  But I think ... 20th give or take, we put it behind.