Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April 2021 Discussion

Torch Tiger

6 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I had a dream last night that when I checked the GFS it was showing over 5,000 CAPE here towards the end of the run and so I checked this morning and it has nothing :( 

Lets get out of a winter pattern first before dreams of a lightning bolt tickling your weenie have any chance of becoming a reality. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Lets get out of a winter pattern first before dreams of a lightning bolt tickling your weenie have any chance of becoming a reality. 

I'm liking the pattern moving through this month. I guess just typical New England spring weather with a mixture of really crap days and some super nice days mixed in but I am dying for consistency. Want it to get super nice so I can go on walk's daily but it has to be like 60+

9 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I'm liking the pattern moving through this month. I guess just typical New England spring weather with a mixture of really crap days and some super nice days mixed in but I am dying for consistency. Want it to get super nice so I can go on walk's daily but it has to be like 60+

I don’t like it at all for spring activities. Sure there will be some 60+ days but overall, it doesn’t look good for consistent spring. 

18 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Your posts many times contradict themselves?  You say your liking the pattern, but then you say it has some really crap days? How does one like really CRAP DAYS?  Then you say your dying for consistency..which this pattern certainly doesn’t show, but yet you’re liking it?    And ultimately, you say you want to get out and walk more, but it’s gotta be above 60 for you to do that, and again this pattern doesn’t show that either...but yet you’re liking it?  Lol. 

You do this a lot in your posts...and I never really understand what it is your trying to convey?  

21 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I don’t like it at all for spring activities. Sure there will be some 60+ days but overall, it doesn’t look good for consistent spring. 

brutal

7 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Your posts many times contradict themselves?  You say your liking the pattern, but then you say it has some really crap days? How does one like really CRAP DAYS?  Then you say your dying for consistency..which this pattern certainly doesn’t show, but yet you’re liking it?    And ultimately, you say you want to get out and walk more, but it’s gotta be above 60 for you to do that, and again this pattern doesn’t show that either...but yet you’re liking it?  Lol. 

You do this a lot in your posts...and I never really understand what it is your trying to convey?  

was supposed to say I'm not liking the pattern

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

I had a dream last night that when I checked the GFS it was showing over 5,000 CAPE here towards the end of the run and so I checked this morning and it has nothing :( 

I wonder if any one or source has put together a 'SBCAPE and CAPE climate' ...  like, graphically showing it bulge and recede through the calendar year.  

I can visualize it as growing from late Feb... S. TX and FL at first, expanding edging into the Gulf states early March...  etc.

By April 1st ...the northern edge of say the 500J/KG has crept N to about the Missouri Boot-heel ...over to Tennessee say... with the regions south gradated to deeper purple tones for every 200J/KG increasing... such that by May 1...it's down right passionate around the coastal Bend of TX ... the Florida peninsula ... over to Baton Rouge and NORA.. where a sunny fair day just normally ambiently 2500.   The 500 by then is up to central MN to Lowe MI and PA... ( spit ballin')

Mind you, that is not a product telling us what warm sector intrusion J/KG values are ...just the daily average.  Such that getting a 500 to MI - NY - MA ... is actually an indication that there are 1000 J/KG days sprinkled in...etc...etc...

Then, in August the perennial continental drying and vegetation sedation begins ...and the colorization starts to recede S... such that by October ...it is almost gone...except there is a weird kind of secondary autumn tornado/severe weather curve that does elevate before the season truly does flat line in November - perhaps in that two to three week period ..the CAPE may flash slight polarward by some minor percentage. 

Mind you...I am imagining that - LOL.   I mean it seems pretty easy - I'm sure something like that exists already. Pure mean CAPE and SBCAPE as a longer termed statistical average relative to date.  But then again...CAPE is single parametric couched in with other collateral dependencies, in order to really mean much... that's why over eastern OK ...I've seen CAPE nearing 7000 J/KG ..yet, CIN so extreme the day is open blue sky there. It may not bare as much importance as a stand-alone metric like that so .. perhaps of more importance to the interest of excruciating nerds with borderline Asperger social dimming ...hahaha

4 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Ahhh...now that makes a lot more sense.  Thanks for clarifying Wiz :-). 

No problem! Thanks for pointing that out.

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I wonder if any one or source has put together a 'SBCAPE and CAPE climate' ...  like, graphically showing it bulge and recede through the calendar year.  

I can visualize it as growing from late Feb... S. TX and FL at first, expanding edging into the Gulf states early March...  etc.

By April 1st ...the northern edge of say the 500J/KG has crept N to about the Missouri Boot-heel ...over to Tennessee say... with the regions south gradated to deeper purple tones for every 200J/KG increasing... such that by May 1...it's down right passionate around the coastal Bend of TX ... the Florida peninsula ... over to Baton Rouge and NORA.. the 500 by then is up to central MN to Lowe MI and PA...

Mind you, that is not a product telling us what warm sector intrusion J/KG values are ...just the daily average.  Such that getting a 500 to MI - NY - MA ... is actually an indication that there are 1000 J/KG days sprinkled in...etc...etc...

Then, in August the perennial continental drying and vegetation sedation begins ...and the colorization starts to recede S... such that by October ...it is almost gone...except there is a weird kind of secondary autumn tornado/severe weather curve that does elevate before the season truly does flat line in November - perhaps in that two to three week period ..the CAPE may flash slight polarward by some minor percentage. 

Mind you...I am imagining that - LOL.   I mean it's seem pretty easy - I'm sure something like that exists already. Pure mean CAPE and SBCAPE as a longer termed statistical average relative to date.  

That would be pretty sick! I'm sure something like that must exist. If I knew how to code I'd probably create it myself if it didn't :lol: 

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Was there a nocturnal jet emission?

enough to vastly increase the PWATS

• Haha 1

I am so sick of this cold. But back in like early February (or JUST before that horrific cold snap we had) I got an automatic car starter put in...INCREDIBLE! I start my car before I get into the shower so when I am ready to leave...all I have to do is endure cold for like 8 seconds and my car is super toasty when I get in. 

• Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I am so sick of this cold. But back in like early February (or JUST before that horrific cold snap we had) I got an automatic car starter put in...INCREDIBLE! I start my car before I get into the shower so when I am ready to leave...all I have to do is endure cold for like 8 seconds and my car is super toasty when I get in. 

Start it about 10-15 minutes before you’re going to leave...that way you jump in and it’s running and warm, and off you go.  That’s the way you do it...then there’s no cold car..not even for 8 seconds lol. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Start it about 10-15 minutes before you’re going to leave...that way you jump in and it’s running and warm, and off you go.  That’s the way you do it...then there’s no cold car..not even for 8 seconds lol. 

I think his 8 seconds is the walk from home to the car. We bought my mother one one year.