Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
April 2021 Discussion

Torch Tiger

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

March ‘18 vibes there. We could still probably cook something up with a better airmass. d11-15 looks kind of interesting, for the interior of course.

Yes. I was thinking that it wouldn’t be totally weird to see a threat in that 4/8-4/15 range given the look. 

We did get a solid advisory event on 4/18 last year after all.

You never know....get a big ULL and weird things happen. The double barreled back to back snow events on 4/7-4/8 and 4/9-4/10 in 1996 occurred on a big ULL rotating around for a few days. 

31 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yes. I was thinking that it wouldn’t be totally weird to see a threat in that 4/8-4/15 range given the look. 

We did get a solid advisory event on 4/18 last year after all.

You never know....get a big ULL and weird things happen. The double barreled back to back snow events on 4/7-4/8 and 4/9-4/10 in 1996 occurred on a big ULL rotating around for a few days. 

96 storms were special.  Brought me over 100 for the first time. For far SW RI that's quite a feat.

3 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

You’re the expert so I’ll defer to you but I don’t see a fast pac flow as hatepril rolls along.

Yeah the relaxing aspect’s been the most consistent ... In fact i argue that the relaxation and -NAO are codependent

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

96 storms were special.  Brought me over 100 for the first time. For far SW RI that's quite a feat.

How epic is this at the Foster Coop. Last 2 columns are snow and snow depth 

1996-04-07 41 32 36.5 -7.2 28 0 0.58 3.8 4
1996-04-08 42 30 36.0 -8.1 29 0 0.31 4.3 3
1996-04-09 43 25 34.0 -10.4 31 0 0.69 8.3 10
1996-04-10 36 31 33.5 -11.3 31 0 1.39 14.0 22
1996-04-11 55 32 43.5 -1.7 21 0 0.08 1.0 17
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

The more I look back on 95-96, the more special I feel that year is--at least in my own lifetime. I was only 8, but that was the first year I really started paying attention to the weather and watching TWC religiously, being fascinated by the radar view and the forecasting. I hope I get to see another year like it now that I have more knowledge and access to the internet.

1 minute ago, A Moonlit Sky said:

The more I look back on 95-96, the more special I feel that year is--at least in my own lifetime. I was only 8, but that was the first year I really started paying attention to the weather and watching TWC religiously, being fascinated by the radar view and the forecasting. I hope I get to see another year like it now that I have more knowledge and access to the internet.

Classic fire hose. Here is your WxChannel graphic from then.

700mb-0600Z-10Apr96.gif

Screenshot_20210331-222625_Chrome.jpg

That 18z is perfectly bad ... and holding at that theoretic shit stuffing apoplexy interminably seems to challenge whether the earth can actually do that - only in the imagination of a model?

But any fashion in elegance ... cannot be consistently held from that time range ... whether in beauty of cyclonic mastery, or absolute misery in dark art. 

For that premise alone I almost feel better that it’s on the charts at this range, rather then something that’s not there but hints that it could be

On 3/30/2021 at 11:31 AM, Damage In Tolland said:

Tulips are up and not far from flowering, lilacs have little almost bloom green leaves on them , lawns are quickly greening .. magnolias have blossoms.. there’s a ton of stuff growing well ahead of schedule . At 1k that’s pretty significant for late Morch. The valley is even farther along . They’ll have to mow within 2 weeks with the overall mild pattern continuing 

Forsythias popping here

ABC03D72-06F9-4948-A500-D118E559B976.jpeg

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Nice just some peeks of Hosta here. Brian's are green some buds on trees but hopefully those teens and low 20s tomorrow aren't damaging 

think we are safe here not supposed to get much below 30 here, but monday did surprise with a 28 @ UUU (was above freezing at mi casa which is closer to the water than the airport) when we were forecast to stay above freezing. bringing the fig tree and hibiscus in just to be safe.