• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
March 27-28 Severe Storms

jaxjagman

Flooding has reached epic levels here. Homes being washed off their foundations along the mountain creeks. People trapped in houses and campers. Cars under water. Roads impassable.  This is the 2nd epic flood like this in two years. 

Stay safe John! A long way to go for your area in this event!

Currently under a simultaneous severe thunderstorm warning and flash flood warning here.

The rain is relentless here. I've emptied my gauges 3 times since midnight and it's been 1.3 or 1.4 inches each time, that after 2+ inches yesterday and 3+ 2 days ago. 

The road in front of my house is a white water river. The bridge below my house has for the first time in my life been overtopped by flood water.  Highways are closed here I've never seen flood. Creeks are literally 20+ feet above normal and 10 feet above flood stage here. If you live near running water and at the bottom of a ridge or mountain your house is likely under water here this morning. Some have been reported on the scanner as being completely submerged. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

10:30 Saturday evening storm in North Knoxville.  Over saturated grounds from rain.  Saw it happen, felt like slow motion seeing it fall towards your house and in direction of where you are sitting.

7BAA3A12-288A-4FFD-8CA9-50992E8C17B2.jpeg.2b4ba389646b6aed9bedb8c71f679b98.jpeg

5598F511-D8C6-4E7E-BA61-C1AB23037ADF.jpeg.02e044e0676754987d9124362691abf7.jpeg

Sorry to see and hear that!!! I’m in Fountain City also......but thankfully nothing here but soggy yards.

10:30 Saturday evening storm in North Knoxville.  Over saturated grounds from rain.  Saw it happen, felt like slow motion seeing it fall towards your house and in direction of where you are sitting.
7BAA3A12-288A-4FFD-8CA9-50992E8C17B2.jpeg.2b4ba389646b6aed9bedb8c71f679b98.jpeg
5598F511-D8C6-4E7E-BA61-C1AB23037ADF.jpeg.02e044e0676754987d9124362691abf7.jpeg

Where is this in Ft City? I’m in Halls

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic

Followed the Middlefork to just southwest of Lexington tornado, Henderson Co. Tenn. Photo by Preston Bradley. Dr. Dorian Burnette also chased.

Lexington_Middle-Fork.thumb.jpeg.72f10e42d3c132fdcff225a14cd4fea3.jpeg

Unfortunately our view was blocked by trees. This is from just east of Henderson on Hwy 100, looking toward Middlefork a few miles away (which is on little hwy 22). Tornado tracked to big Hwy 22 south of Lexington.

Met two Memphis friends and meteorologists in Corinth, Miss. Boundary was trying to percolate there, and eventually lifted into Tenn. We went north on US-45 to Henderston, Tenn. Then we turned east on Hwy 100 which is oriented nicely for an ENE moving supercell. However the trees were just brutal until Hwy 22. Decision point.

We could aggressively push north; but, it would be a short show then RFD. Other chasers did get ahead of it and documented the rain wrapped tornado. One side was visible enough to confirm southwest of Lexington, Tenn. Maybe we enjoyed our Arby's for too long in Corinth, lol!

We went south on Hwy 22 instead. My thought was a right mover would eventually cross Hwy 100. Never did so we should have chased it longer. However one never knows for sure in the field; and, we will always put safety first. On the way south on Hwy 22 we noticed the Liberty cell had a beautiful base. However everything was over just retched terrain, so we did not give chase.

Dropped into Florence, AL to fuel up and part ways. Fortunately the MEM fiends did not kill me for talking them out of the Delta, haha. I had implored the Miss/Bama convergence zone. I enjoyed lightning on the way home to Chatty.

Perfect forecast, well-executed chase, even a good road, but no tornado. Despite low-level tree challenge, visibility was actually good for mid-level structure and features. Plus it was good to get out, see friends, feel the wind, and marvel at the sky. 

• Like 5

Went to take my daughter to dance class in Franklin,it's totally almost flooded out in Downtown Franklin from the Harpeth,many roads are closed.Insane amount of rain we got here.Storms stayed elevated most of the day,not sure if they ever got rooted after i went to sleep.Numerous water rescues and sadly a couple people drowned.

• Sad 3

Love the video @*Flash* and the music too. You never said you chase, woo-hoo!

That's the cell we gave up on in the awful terrain near the Tennessee River east of Lexington, Tenn. 

Here's a shot from a little church just south of the intersections of Hwy 100 and Hwy 22 in Henderson County. South of Lexington. Yellow is possible low contrast reflection. Inflow tail is great but nothing clear besides rain otherwise. 

Photo by Preston Bradley. 

Church-trees.jpg

• Like 1