Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring/Summer 2021 Observations.

John1122

My rain streak ends at 13 days. 

Looks like it’s going to be a few days to a week without organized rain. You might get some terrain driven pulse storms. Knoxville has to rely on storms firing over the mountains with winds out of the SE to push them in the valley.

4 hours ago, PowellVolz said:

Looks like it’s going to be a few days to a week without organized rain. You might get some terrain driven pulse storms. Knoxville has to rely on storms firing over the mountains with winds out of the SE to push them in the valley.

I have some pretty high chances of rain Sunday and Monday. After that we may heat up quite a lot it looks like.

• Like 1

Yards are beginning to fry up here.  Mine is toast.   With the heat forecast mid-week and a lack of consistent precip, potentially could get much worse.  We have only had three days at TRI which have seen 0.1 or more of rainfall.  Two of those days were way back on July 1-2.  If we don't score tomorrow, we are looking at a developing drought here.  The US drought monitor from last week is picking-up on those conditions in this area.

• Like 1

Normally, when it rains(during a summer with normal rainfall), I don't have to water my garden for about three days.  Right now, soil moisture is almost non-existent IMBY.  We received about 1.25-1.5" last week during that rain event(got lollipopped here)...had to water within 36 hours as the rainfall was soaked up or evaporated that quickly.  With La Nina set to return, very possible this drought could intensify - though that is no guarantee as some La Nina's have produced plentiful rainfall during recent years.  That said, drought/heat IMBY is almost always correlated with LaNina conditions.  As I noted during spring, when NE TN has BN precip during spring...that is usually a really good indicator that summer is going to be a problem in this area.

• Like 2

I got outflowed. That cluster that got you blew apart about 5 miles to my NW and refired in Sevier Co.

That stinks. Areas that didn't get soaked today better hope they get something tomorrow. Its gonna be even hotter in areas where the ground is dry going into mid and late week. 

• Like 1

Fortunately I've been with the "haves", in terms of rains this month. Until yesterday, lol. 

Been out on the rivers a lot, trying to enjoy the summer and catch smalljaws and trout. Here are some river/ weather pics:

Emory river, N. of Oakdale, looking SSE:

DqNp1mq.png

Clear Creek, just north of Jett Bridge:

hm79Mjb.png

Clinch river, below Norris dam, in a heavy shower:

LlUOwya.png

Emory river, just SE of Nemo Access as a storm drops in from the N:

vnbgJ1s.png

• Like 6

Fortunately I've been with the "haves", in terms of rains this month. Until yesterday, lol. 
Been out on the rivers a lot, trying to enjoy the summer and catch smalljaws and trout. Here are some river/ weather pics:

Emory river, N. of Oakdale, looking SSE:
DqNp1mq.png

Clear Creek, just north of Jett Bridge:
hm79Mjb.png

Clinch river, below Norris dam, in a heavy shower:
LlUOwya.png

Emory river, just SE of Nemo Access as a storm drops in from the N:
vnbgJ1s.png

Beautiful

• Like 1

I loved small mouth fishing in Clear Creek. I always found it best going from Jett towards Barnett. I'd just get a fishing vest/life jacket combo and swim the deepest holes. It was common to catch 50+ fish a day there in summer when I was going. Jett to Lily was good too, Barnett end wasn't as productive and Lily to the river didn't work out that well for me either. Always had to monitor the weather closely when wading/swimming in the canyon. Thunderstorms would cause the creek to become an out of control whitewater beast in a short period of time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I loved small mouth fishing in Clear Creek. I always found it best going from Jett towards Barnett. I'd just get a fishing vest/life jacket combo and swim the deepest holes. It was common to catch 50+ fish a day there in summer when I was going. Jett to Lily was good too, Barnett end wasn't as productive and Lily to the river didn't work out that well for me either. Always had to monitor the weather closely when wading/swimming in the canyon. Thunderstorms would cause the creek to become an out of control whitewater beast in a short period of time.

I’ve done a lot of small mouth, stripe bass fishing on the Holston River in east Knoxville (3 Rivers) area. We had some days where we quit because we’re tired of catching fish

• Like 2

I’ve done a lot of small mouth, stripe bass fishing on the Holston River in east Knoxville (3 Rivers) area. We had some days where we quit because we’re tired of catching fish emoji23.png

Wading, rock crawling and swimming a few miles of that creek just wiped me out. By then time I drag myself out I'm tired of everything!

• Like 2

Frequent thunder here with some drenching rain on the door step. I love these storm clusters that roll in like this in summer. 

No mention of that cluster the last few days from the NWS. At 5am this morning I could see the lightning from my house in Halls as the storms crossed into Tennessee. Got a little rain out of it but most of the action went west of Knox Co.

• Like 1

No mention of that cluster the last few days from the NWS. At 5am this morning I could see the lightning from my house in Halls as the storms crossed into Tennessee. Got a little rain out of it but most of the action went west of Knox Co.

It was a loud and rowdy storm here. Probably the most thunder and lightning I've had in 2021. One strike nearby caused the power to go out briefly. Lots of window rattlers and some pretty heavy rain from it.

• Like 1