• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring/Summer 2021 Observations.

John1122

All the time.  I-81 is kind of the demarcation line.  East of that is generally a slight upslope until JC, and then of course one hits the Smokies.  West of the interstate is more of a downslope.   Part of what is going on right now might be that NE TN is sitting just close enough to a Bermuda high that precip is just running out of gas as it hits it.  You can really see that on how the line this evening is forecast to dissipate just to the east of TRI.

It’s about to get really wet in Knoxville edd36cca69e066dcc33fc75952dea12f.png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Carvers Gap said:

0.08" of rain during the last 11 days.   Pretty sure on the day where excessive rainfall was a potential that MBY got zip.  Through nearly mid-July, there is potential for July to finish as TRI's fourth straight month w BN precip.  

I live right at 100 miles almost due west of Tri-Cities Airport and it's an incredible difference as far as total precip goes over such a short period. That's the power of geography on weather. 

• Like 2

0.08" of rain during the last 11 days.   Pretty sure on the day where excessive rainfall was a potential that MBY got zip.  Through nearly mid-July, there is potential for July to finish as TRI's fourth straight month w BN precip.  

This same period I’ve probably gotten 7-10”. One afternoon I picked up a little less than 4”.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PowellVolz said:

This same period I’ve probably gotten 7-10”. One afternoon I picked up a little less than 4”.

Yeah, it has been crazy.  I can probably drive 20 minutes and find similar departures.  When this finally breaks, probably going to have more than we want!!!   

• Like 2

Prayer request……

This week has been the worst week of my life and my family could use your prayers.

Sunday morning at 5am my wife had a seizure. A couple of hours later at UTMC we were informed she had a large mass on her brain. She will have surgery in the coming weeks to remove it after her brain recovers and the swelling goes down. As of now the Dr’s feel really good that this mass/tumor is not cancerous but they will not know for sure until they do a biopsy. I know this might not be the right thread for this but it’s probably the one most of us look at the most. Thank you for your prayers.

Quick update here….
The Dr’s successfully removed the tumor from my wife’s head today. They were able to get all of it out. Dr’s believe she will make a full recovery with no limitations. The difference in her from 2pm to 7pm this afternoon was amazing. 1:30 she came out of surgery, by 7pm she was sitting up in her bed eating potato soup and chicken fingers from O’Charley’s. You would have never known this person just had a lime size tumor removed from her head.

Thanks for all of your prayers, we really appreciated it.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, PowellVolz said:

Quick update here….
The Dr’s successfully removed the tumor from my wife’s head today. They were able to get all of it out. Dr’s believe she will make a full recovery with no limitations. The difference in her from 2pm to 7pm this afternoon was amazing. 1:30 she came out of surgery, by 7pm she was sitting up in her bed eating potato soup and chicken fingers from O’Charley’s. You would have never known this person just had a lime size tumor removed from her head.

Absolutely awesome news! Happy for your family.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PowellVolz said:

Quick update here….

Good to hear the surgery went well! Will keep praying for her full recovery.

• Like 1

Friday night we had a thunderstorm form over the area in Mosheim off Blue Springs Pkwy, went from partly cloudy to mostly, then the sky unleashed.  Mine and the wifes best friend is on vacation and their back porch has a tendency to flood, so we had to drive to Afton to make sure the drain was working properly.  Have not seen lightning so intense/frequent in a while, the rain was relentless and to make matters worse there was steam coming off the roads from the day time heat and rain cooling it off.  While standing in a puddle 6" deep, lightning struck about 50 yards from me.  Too much adrenaline for the day, got the drain unclogged though lol

• Like 2

PowellVolz,
I am so glad to hear your wife is recovering and I hope her recovery continues. 

Thank you buddy. She came home today. She’s sluggish and weak but she’s very strong mentally. She had her surgery on Thursday. Friday afternoon I told her mom we might be in here for a while. Then on Saturday afternoon she was walking laps around the nurses station. Today she came home. Thanks for the prayers from you guys.

• Like 3

Hey guys hope all is well. I tend to go quiet in the summer haha 

We have honestly had a pretty enjoyable summer over here in Unicoi County this year.  We have yet to hit 90 this year with my high being 88.9. It looks like only 5 years in the last 60 went without a single 90+ day for Erwin. There is a lot of summer left though. 

This summer has been incredibly slow as far as thunderstorm activity compared to last year. Maybe last year was a crazy active year for this area.. but this summer has been all but dead for thunderstorms. 

My tempest station has only recorded 983 strikes within 22miles so far this July. Half of which happened yesterday.  July 2020 had 13754 and I missed the first 6 days of the month.

With the days slowly getting shorter I am feeling an inner longing for crisp fall days growing every minute. :lol:

• Like 2

Received some much needed rainfall yesterday afternoon/evening.  Looks like I got lollipopped to the tune of 1.5."  Water was ponding on the baked ground.  We had places where 1-2" of water was on dry, brown grass.  Looked really odd.  Anyway, everything is much greener today but the humidity is wicked.

Great news @PowellVolz I'm so glad to learn it's benign and gone! 

Chattanooga is running a big rainfall surplus again. We had a slow period going into the Fourth of July. Since then it's like Florida around here. If it does not rain every day, it's close. Then some days it rains twice. Does that count as make-up days? 

A couple of the thunderstorm days included bonuses. Rainbows graced Chattanooga FC matches (pre-game) twice in one week. Another evening or two we had solid lightning shows. 

Regarding the forum update, I had forgotten. I notice these things for a day or two and then just go with it. I just need to make it darker again.

• Like 1