Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring/Summer 2021 Observations.

John1122

4 hours ago, nrgjeff said:

Sunday night I saw lightning and heard thunder locally for the first time since maybe April. Could be March. It was a great night time light show. Storm missed by a couple miles, which actually improved line of sight with the lightning. 

A week prior we had thunderstorms in Florida, but that's not news in June down there, ha. Night lightning is not a Florida specialty though. Twas so nice to see frequent lightning back home on Sunday. 

That's wild. We've not had anything nearly that long of a thunderstorm gap. 

• Like 1

Prayer request……

This week has been the worst week of my life and my family could use your prayers.

Sunday morning at 5am my wife had a seizure. A couple of hours later at UTMC we were informed she had a large mass on her brain. She will have surgery in the coming weeks to remove it after her brain recovers and the swelling goes down. As of now the Dr’s feel really good that this mass/tumor is not cancerous but they will not know for sure until they do a biopsy. I know this might not be the right thread for this but it’s probably the one most of us look at the most. Thank you for your prayers.

26 minutes ago, PowellVolz said:

Prayer request……

This week has been the worst week of my life and my family could use your prayers.

Sunday morning at 5am my wife had a seizure. A couple of hours later at UTMC we were informed she had a large mass on her brain. She will have surgery in the coming weeks to remove it after her brain recovers and the swelling goes down. As of now the Dr’s feel really good that this mass/tumor is not cancerous but they will not know for sure until they do a biopsy. I know this might not be the right thread for this but it’s probably the one most of us look at the most. Thank you for your prayers.

Praying for your wife and your family!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PowellVolz said:

Prayer request……

All the best to your wife and family buddy. Praying everything is benign and she's quickly on the road to recovery. 

• Like 3

Prayer request……

Use any thread you want.  Thanks for letting us know.  Prayers for all of you.  

• Like 3

That must have been scary [mention=14393]PowellVolz[/mention] I'm sorry you had to go through that. 

Please let us know when they confirm the tumor was not malignant. Doctors think that's what caused her seizure? 

Praying for you, your wife and family. Will be thinking of you all and hope she feels better soon.

Because of the shape and the fact a full body scan didn’t show anything else, the Doctor is 95% sure it’s not cancer. Yes the tumor caused her seizure from the pressure. The mass is egg shaped but flat and lays between her skull and brain. It’s a little bigger than a softball but it is flat and doesn’t go into her brain. Surgery is July 15th and please pray for us. The doctors feel really good about a full recovery but they won’t know everything until they get in there.

• Like 4

Because of the shape and the fact a full body scan didn’t show anything else, the Doctor is 95% sure it’s not cancer. Yes the tumor caused her seizure from the pressure. The mass is egg shaped but flat and lays between her skull and brain. It’s a little bigger than a softball but it is flat and doesn’t go into her brain. Surgery is July 15th and please pray for us. The doctors feel really good about a full recovery but they won’t know everything until they get in there.

Sorry to hear this,havent been on much lately.prayers to your wife for a full recovery

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PowellVolz said:

Will pray right now for your wife. Glad to hear it seems its not cancer and is not into the brain.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, PowellVolz said:

Live just a few miles from you.  Feel free to reach out if you need anything.

• Like 1

Also during today’s flood fest…. I was traveling east on Emory Rd going home around 4pm when I saw some wild looking scud clouds right on top of a ridge. I pulled up RadarScope on velocity and it showed some strong wind in the area I was looking at. So by the time I made it to that area the winds on velocity had decreased to nothing. I thought it could have been a little microburst but after I got home, rewinded the radar, the placement of the winds doesn’t add up. This almost looks like an RFD but that doesn’t make sense either. Can a microburst happen anywhere around a cell like this?c54ee7f8ff29fd36cc11c0be7d2d393a.png

Have barely had a drop here this week.  Yards reflect this.  I-81 eastward has not done as poorly.  We have had a three minute "shower" which didn't even get the pavement under trees wet.  Moisture was gone within minutes. Hopefully we can score some rain this weekend.  The irrigation system in my garden is now paying dividends in this dry weather here.  

• Like 1

Have barely had a drop here this week.  Yards reflect this.  I-81 eastward has not done as poorly.  We have had a three minute "shower" which didn't even get the pavement under trees wet.  Moisture was gone within minutes. Hopefully we can score some rain this weekend.  The irrigation system in my garden is now paying dividends in this dry weather here.  

For this time of year my fescue looks great. I’ve got to mow after I play golf this morning

• Like 1

Yard looks great, Powell!
Finally received some rain last last evening.  It wasn't a lot(I don't think), but it was enough to keep the garden watered.  Looks like today there is actually a chance for excessive rainfall in NE TN per NWS/MRX on FB.  

Do you get downsloped much?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PowellVolz said:

Do you get downsloped much?

All the time.  I-81 is kind of the demarcation line.  East of that is generally a slight upslope until JC, and then of course one hits the Smokies.  West of the interstate is more of a downslope.   Part of what is going on right now might be that NE TN is sitting just close enough to a Bermuda high that precip is just running out of gas as it hits it.  You can really see that on how the line this evening is forecast to dissipate just to the east of TRI.

• Like 1