Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Southern Sanitarium

buckeyefan1

23 minutes ago, nwohweather said:

Lol tradeoffs though. Swimming from mid April to Halloween is a heck of a lifestyle

Fair enough.  Been in a stretch of April snows in recent years (April has even been outsnowing March around here) but hoping we can avoid it this year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Spring has sprung in my neck of the woods. Trees are budding out. Daffodils are in full bloom. I see no frosts/freezes in the near future. Should set us up perfectly for damaging freezes in April…

Amen!  Late spring freezes are now a yearly occurrence.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, marsman said:

Interesting - the higher peaks of the west saw an increase, lower elevations saw a decrease. Wonder if warmer temps caused that.

I think a lot of it fell early in the season before the heart of winter there. They were incredibly dry most of the winter. My dad skied vail in January and they hadn’t had snow in 3 weeks but it never cracked 20 the week he was there

On 3/2/2022 at 7:39 AM, NorthHillsWx said:

Spring has sprung in my neck of the woods. Trees are budding out. Daffodils are in full bloom. I see no frosts/freezes in the near future. Should set us up perfectly for damaging freezes in April…

That didn't age well. LOL

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ObiWanKarlNobi said:

Am I wrong in thinking that this Spring has been cooler than usual (At least in the triangle area)?  In the past, I remember the weather seemed to "flip" from winter to summer, but these cold mornings seem to be lingering around for a lot longer.

This meteorological spring to date (March 1st-April 3rd) has averaged 4 F warmer than normal at RDU for means as well as for both highs and lows:

https://www.weather.gov/wrh/Climate?wfo=rah

• Like 2

2 hours ago, yotaman said:

Haven't seen Buckeyefan post in quite a while. Hope she is ok. Does anyone know anything?

Life happened and I unplugged. Today I said goodbye to my furbaby Macy so I got on here just a bit ago to distract me and really appreciate the kind words. 

• Sad 4

14 hours ago, buckeyefan1 said:

Life happened and I unplugged. Today I said goodbye to my furbaby Macy so I got on here just a bit ago to distract me and really appreciate the kind words. 

Sorry to hear about your furbaby. I know how you feel. We lost 2 in one year many years ago. :weep:

• Sad 3

• jburns unpinned this topic
  • 3 months later...
17 hours ago, lilj4425 said:

It could be worse. You could be an Ohio State Buckeyes fan.

:angry: shush it mister :angry:

:P 

• Haha 1