Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Southern Sanitarium

buckeyefan1

30 minutes ago, Phelps said:

Living in Charlotte I am so scarred by WAA and mixing that I can't help but find the warmest looking model and assume it might be even warmer than that.  We've just had our hopes crushed too many times in the last 10 years.  

The best way to forecast winter events anywhere in the Carolina’s is to find the model with the warmest mid levels and roll with that 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, calculus1 said:

I love my Davis Vantage Vue.  Had one for probably 12 years now.  Does great on temperature and rain measurements.  Easy to setup and transmits to an in-house receiver with all kinds of cool graphs, measurements, etc.

You can also use their software program to keep records and do whatever else you might wish to do with it.

Ditto here

2 hours ago, Phelps said:

Living in Charlotte I am so scarred by WAA and mixing that I can't help but find the warmest looking model and assume it might be even warmer than that.  We've just had our hopes crushed too many times in the last 10 years.  

Honestly I'm hoping for that. The cold models are sleet, mean is ice storm, the warmest may push us over to 34 and rain around CLT. I'll take that.

26 minutes ago, lilj4425 said:

In the storm thread: Raleigh this, Raleigh that. Raleigh, Raleigh, Raleigh. 

Yeah I don’t think that’s the reason it’s so quiet. Every suite of models has been worse than the one before it for like 4 days. Eventually it just gets depressing.

8 hours ago, HKY_WX said:

Any of you guys have a davis weather station or some similar? I've been thinking of getting one for months but might bite the bullet and do it. Any recommendations?

I had a Vantage Pro2 that I loved but then they stopped making the sensor for it and put out an upgrade. I have had nothing but inaccurate readings since. I ended up getting an Ambient Weather WS-2902C. So far so good. I love that I can see all the readings on my phone when I am away.

8 minutes ago, yotaman said:

I had a Vantage Pro2 that I loved but then they stopped making the sensor for it and put out an upgrade. I have had nothing but inaccurate readings since. I ended up getting an Ambient Weather WS-2902C. So far so good. I love that I can see all the readings on my phone when I am away.

I've had that for over a year, and I've been pleasantly surprised with it. 

10 hours ago, HKY_WX said:

Any of you guys have a davis weather station or some similar? I've been thinking of getting one for months but might bite the bullet and do it. Any recommendations?

I have the Vantage Pro2 and I love it. Overall has been very accurate and has lasted a very good while. I think I got it in 2014ish I belive. 

• Like 1

It's been so nice to be back in the forum! My life kind of changed in 2020 with the birth of my first daughter. Being a dad is very important, so other things took a back seat. Then the pandemic hit with all its uncertainty. Then the supply shortages hit at work and we have been swamped. So, it's been nice to be back forecasting weather once again. I told my wife that I missed it so much, but the break probably helped me gather myself. I am hoping to become more active again.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, WxJordan said:

It's been so nice to be back in the forum! My life kind of changed in 2020 with the birth of my first daughter. Being a dad is very important, so other things took a back seat. Then the pandemic hit with all its uncertainty. Then the supply shortages hit at work and we have been swamped. So, it's been nice to be back forecasting weather once again. I told my wife that I missed it so much, but the break probably helped me gather myself. I am hoping to become more active again.

Congrats on your becoming a Dad. Im sure it is very exciting for you and the Mrs.  Welcome back to the forum too. 

• Like 5

• jburns unpinned this topic