Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Southern Sanitarium

buckeyefan1

1 hour ago, burgertime said:

Also just want to point out many here getting upset at runs not showing 1 foot of snow are likely to still get a good 4-6. I get being in ENC fretting about this storm. But if you're in WNC you should be counting your blessings and overjoyed at what you're seeing. 

Dude I couldn’t be more excited lol. Granted I Live in Mooresville so it’s close but it’s still showing mostly - All Frozen Precip of some kind and a good storm so that’s still fun imo ….. I wouldn’t give up unless I was East if I-95 

These people are major buzz kills …. Why even Let yourself believe it was gonna stay Money runs for 5 days :clown:….. anyone West of Raleigh still in for a Major event I’m not understanding the doom n gloom ….. if you thought we’d get 10-16” of all snow Models we’re predicting 36hrs ago you need to find a new hobby, bc you’ve obviously never learned a thing by doing this year in and year out it’s called Climo….. I’m sorry S/E of I-85 you knew When Miller B was an option how this would play out, normal places that score will score again….. GSO/WS/MT Airy/Mountains CAD Regions win that’s just NC stop Crying we’re lucky we even have anything to track after the last 2.5yrs 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, PantherJustin said:

These people are major buzz kills …. Why even Let yourself believe it was gonna stay Money runs for 5 days :clown:….. anyone West of Raleigh still in for a Major event I’m not understanding the doom n gloom ….. if you thought we’d get 10-16” of all snow Models we’re predicting 36hrs ago you need to find a new hobby, bc you’ve obviously never learned a thing by doing this year in and year out it’s called Climo….. I’m sorry S/E of I-85 you knew When Miller B was an option how this would play out, normal places that score will score again….. GSO/WS/MT Airy/Mountains CAD Regions win that’s just NC stop Crying we’re lucky we even have anything to track after the last 2.5yrs 

Doom and gloom is justified for us in the RDU screw zone on this one.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

I’m trying to remain happy here… all models showing 1-2 inch liquid for the upstate and worst case it will be a raging sleet storm with temps in the mid 20s. It’s been a long time since we've experienced that. I still think there’s a 50/50 chance we get significant snow accumulations on the front end as well. Can’t complain about that at this point!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, burrel2 said:

I’m trying to remain happy here… all models showing 1-2 inch liquid for the upstate and worst case it will be a raging sleet storm with temps in the mid 20s. It’s been a long time since we've experienced that. I still think there’s a 50/50 chance we get significant snow accumulations on the front end as well. Can’t complain about that at this point!

At this point I'm starting to wonder about that finger of precip that's not showing up yet and could that be all snow and help nw sc and ne ga out a bit? Possibly help us stay snow a little longer before the changeover.

Just now, Brick Tamland said:

Maybe this will be like the the Christmas 2010 storm where it looked great, then looked awful about 48 hours out only to look great again 24 hours before the storm. 

Totally different setup. It looked awful because the models "lost" the storm not because it was amped up. 

1 hour ago, Brick Tamland said:

Looks like we're entering that period where the models start going back and forth. Monday night was great, then started going bad yesterday afternoon, and maybe getting a little improvement now. 

Back and forth they go.

What we'll get, no one really knows. 

And that is why starting a storm thread six days out is not a good idea.  

• Like 5

• jburns unpinned this topic