• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Southern Sanitarium

buckeyefan1

As we close out the dumpster fire that is 2021 and welcome the magickal energy that is 2022, I just would like to say thank you to the se crew for all the amazing memories over the past two decades, and all the future memories that haven't happened yet  :wub:    Whether you know it or not, you all have helped me through some pretty rough times and laughed with me (and sometimes at me :P ) through the great times. I wouldn't trade this group of awesome people for anything and my wish for each of you in 2022 is winter madness with feet of frozen gold, a spring filled with blooming flowers and rain to keep the pollen away, a summer that brings perfect beach weather without the need of a hatchet to slice through the humidity along with good old fashion thunder boomers that end with hours of anvil crawlers to watch as you sit on the deck, and a fall that brings endless color and crisp air as football season begins :wub: 

HAPPY NEW YEAR SE CREW!! 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, buckeyefan1 said:

As we close out the dumpster fire that is 2021 and welcome the magickal energy that is 2022, I just would like to say thank you to the se crew for all the amazing memories over the past two decades, and all the future memories that haven't happened yet  :wub:    Whether you know it or not, you all have helped me through some pretty rough times and laughed with me (and sometimes at me :P ) through the great times. I wouldn't trade this group of awesome people for anything and my wish for each of you in 2022 is winter madness with feet of frozen gold, a spring filled with blooming flowers and rain to keep the pollen away, a summer that brings perfect beach weather without the need of a hatchet to slice through the humidity along with good old fashion thunder boomers that end with hours of anvil crawlers to watch as you sit on the deck, and a fall that brings endless color and crisp air as football season begins :wub: 

HAPPY NEW YEAR SE CREW!! 

It more like THANK YOU for what you do dealing with some PITA posters not in just this region but overall on the board. You and the Mods have a thankless job and you cant win with some of the posters.  We are always here for you and yes we have had some great and fun times.  I wish you a very happy , healthy and prosperous New Year. :wub:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Avdave said:

It more like THANK YOU for what you do dealing with some PITA posters not in just this region but overall on the board. You and the Mods have a thankless job and you cant win with some of the posters.  We are always here for you and yes we have had some great and fun times.  I wish you a very happy , healthy and prosperous New Year. :wub:

I really appreciate your friendship over the years. The se crew really is the best that amwx has to offer. Thank you  :wub:  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, frazdaddy said:

Happy new year @buckeyefan1 as stated by Dave a job well done. I am on several other forums,  BBQ, hockey ect. Hands down the most well moderated. You rock.

I really appreciate your awesomeness over the years. You always know how to make me smile and thank you from my heart, for the kind words. You rock  :wub:  

1 hour ago, eyewall said:

There is definitely some heartbreak being felt today after the northward trend. With this winter the way it is I am not sure what other chances there will be.

At least you arent 10 miles away from possibly over a foot compared to nothing in your backyard. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

At least you arent 10 miles away from possibly over a foot compared to nothing in your backyard. 

No kidding. Me and you know all about the leeside screwjob way to well being in McDowell and Rutherford but you will still get more snow than me anyday up your way compared to down here. So close but yet so far most of the time.

2 hours ago, calculus1 said:

I took my boys to two games this year. We managed to find a way to lose both. Eagles and Falcons. It was a lot of fun, but we sure would like to see some wins. Maybe next year...

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

It was my first NFL game so still pretty cool. Gonna be a bit before our team gets this figured out. They are very bad.

Just now, wncsnow said:

It does but it has to be a true miller A gulf powerhouse. So close yet so far away for us. Snowless winter still possible, long range doesn't give me much hope.  

I was just about to say. I’d kill for a legit Miller A right about now. Pain is seeing snow the west and east but nothing here. The Dec 2018 and Feb 2014 storm truly were magical for the foothills. I’m not close to being ready to throw in the towel yet. Climo will eventually be in our favor - the quick hitters are rarely our storms but that’s ok. 

5 minutes ago, BooneWX said:

I was just about to say. I’d kill for a legit Miller A right about now. Pain is seeing snow the west and east but nothing here. The Dec 2018 and Feb 2014 storm truly were magical for the foothills. I’m not close to being ready to throw in the towel yet. Climo will eventually be in our favor - the quick hitters are rarely our storms but that’s ok. 

Upper level lows never pan out here no matter how strong they are in my memory.. Both places I lived the past 10 years arw getting crushed today. Danville and Waldorf both have reported thundersnow. Only time I have seen it was during the blizzard of 93 when I was 5. 

31 minutes ago, BooneWX said:

Yep, that's the tough part.  It's amazing how much they got in the W-S area this morning.  The lee of the Apps is a tough place to live if you like snow.  Really need those classic Miller A storms, but those are few and far between now, it seems.

• Like 1

• jburns unpinned this topic