• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Southern Sanitarium

buckeyefan1

My wife and I just got our second Moderna shot yesterday. It hit me hard last night around 10pm. Started with my shoulder and eventually my whole body was aching badly. I hardly slept last night. Can only lift my arm about half way right now and the body aches have subsided somewhat. Feeling pretty crappy though. My wife only has a bit of soreness in her shoulder. 

26 minutes ago, yotaman said:

My wife and I just got our second Moderna shot yesterday. It hit me hard last night around 10pm. Started with my shoulder and eventually my whole body was aching badly. I hardly slept last night. Can only lift my arm about half way right now and the body aches have subsided somewhat. Feeling pretty crappy though. My wife only has a bit of soreness in her shoulder. 

I had covid back in first half of last year but had no symptoms besides lack of energy and lack of taste but I got the Pfizer shot in may and it was pretty bad for me. No sleep for 2 nights, body aches, and absolutely no energy. This was all after the second shot. However, after about 36 hours, it all went away quickly. My wife did not get covid and had very few symptoms with either of her shots. I have heard it’s worse for some reason if you’ve already had it before getting the vaccine? Not sure the science there, but glad ya got it! Sure am glad I did with the delta variant entrenched 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NorthHillsWx said:

I had covid back in first half of last year but had no symptoms besides lack of energy and lack of taste but I got the Pfizer shot in may and it was pretty bad for me. No sleep for 2 nights, body aches, and absolutely no energy. This was all after the second shot. However, after about 36 hours, it all went away quickly. My wife did not get covid and had very few symptoms with either of her shots. I have heard it’s worse for some reason if you’ve already had it before getting the vaccine? Not sure the science there, but glad ya got it! Sure am glad I did with the delta variant entrenched 

Glad Yotoman for his vaccine.  I havent had Covid and hope not too get it but I did get the Pfizer vaccine and the only side effect I had was about 8 hours later I was just really tired. Felt fine by noon the next day.   But this delta variant has me on edge

41 minutes ago, yotaman said:

I am feeling much better today. My shoulder is still sore if I try to raise it but no more body aches but still a bit tired. I cut the front yard today and had to stop 3 times to catch my breath. 

Your side effects and progression sound similar to mine.  Had 2nd Pfizer on June 14 and started getting aches and some chills and just an overall ill feeling when I was getting ready for bed that night.  Tossed and turned a lot.  The 15th was not pleasant.  Was able to function but just did not feel well.  I was about 80-90% back to normal when I woke up on the 16th.  Soreness in arm took 4 days to completely go away.

• Like 1

It's amazing the variety of responses to these vaccines. Pretty unpredictable. I had double Pfizer a while ago, and no symptoms with either. My arm has been sorer with the flu vaccine. My wife got J&J, and no side effects either. My good friend got J&J same day as my wife and developed Guillain-Barre. Three months in and still not back to work for him. It's a struggle to walk and grasp anything, with constant pain in his extremities. I hate it for him and his family. Despite his difficulties, he is still very much pro-vaccine and encourages others to not use him as an excuse to avoid it.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

• Like 2

4 hours ago, calculus1 said:

It's amazing the variety of responses to these vaccines. Pretty unpredictable. I had double Pfizer a while ago, and no symptoms with either. My arm has been sorer with the flu vaccine. My wife got J&J, and no side effects either. My good friend got J&J same day as my wife and developed Guillain-Barre. Three months in and still not back to work for him. It's a struggle to walk and grasp anything, with constant pain in his extremities. I hate it for him and his family. Despite his difficulties, he is still very much pro-vaccine and encourages others to not use him as an excuse to avoid it.

Sorry about your friend.  Hope he’s back to good health soon.  My wife’s employer was using some heavy-handed tactics to encourage “voluntary” compliance, so she ended up getting the shots.  On public forums, I keep my thoughts to myself about covid and and the reaction to it.  Not singing along in the accepted hymnal will get you shut down fast.

:whistle:

• Like 1

Well we decided tonite to cancel our trip to NYC in early Sept.for my 50th bday.  I have to figure out how to resell my tix on stub hub for the Mets game. Cancelled our stay at the TWA Hotel at JFK.  Will have credit towards future flights on DL as well.   I just didnt feel comfortable going with this Delta variant even though my wife and I are fully vaccinated.   Hope things are better by mid october for our trip to Hawaii. 

24 minutes ago, Avdave said:

Well we decided tonite to cancel our trip to NYC in early Sept.for my 50th bday.  I have to figure out how to resell my tix on stub hub for the Mets game. Cancelled our stay at the TWA Hotel at JFK.  Will have credit towards future flights on DL as well.   I just didnt feel comfortable going with this Delta variant even though my wife and I are fully vaccinated.   Hope things are better by mid october for our trip to Hawaii. 

I’ve decided to get a third shot. I’ve been looking at data and studies from different countries and to me it indicates a booster sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jburns said:

I’ve decided to get a third shot. I’ve been looking at data and studies from different countries and to me it indicates a booster sooner rather than later.

For real JB? I didnt know you can just get a third shot.  No note from the doc or anything needed?

9 minutes ago, jburns said:

I'm not sure how this is all going to work as long as there isn't an official recommendation in the US to get a booster yet.  What if somebody walks in to a vaccination site and is like "I want a booster now."  How is that gonna be handled?  And if it does get recommended only for certain groups, say immunocompromised or anybody over 65, there's going to be people who don't qualify who are going to be upset.

10 hours ago, WinstonSalemArlington said:

I am waiting for studies on booster shots 

I’ve been doing a lot of reading and their are several studies out now that point to the need for a booster. Normally I would be willing to wait but I am immunocompromised in several ways so I am willing to take another shot before it is certain it actually helps. As I said above I had no reaction at all to the first two which could indicate my body did not mount an adequate immune response. I don’t see a down side to getting a booster. There are certainly enough vaccines that I won’t be depriving someone else.

My nephew his wife and three and a half year old son have all tested positive. Both adults had their shots. She is symptomatic with a fever, cough and loss of sense of taste.The other two are asymptomatic. Scary thing is that after not allowing close contact with my wife’s mother for almost two years they finally did a quick visit on Thursday so the little guy could give her a present on her 90th birthday. She is also fully vaccinated and healthy as a horse so hopefully she will not become seriously ill. Still makes you worry though.

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Looks like the CDC is backtracking on its mask guidance for vaccinated people today. This plague is far from over 

Yeah, it sucks but you have to adjust to a changing situation. Or at least you should.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jburns said:

Yeah, it sucks but you have to adjust to a changing situation. Or at least you should.

I agree, I also think dropping the mask guidance in the first place was the wrong decision. They set themselves up for failure and convincing people to go back is going to be much, much more difficult. This is a PR nightmare. Should have been more cautious and should have waited until it was certain. Delta variant was already present when they dropped masking guidance 

Ive been wearing my mask anyway , even after fully Vaccinated. I just didnt trust the others out there who were or werent vaccinated.  It sucks we are going backwards again but if I have to wear my mask then Im good with it.  

My friends I mentioned before are on Day 15 for him.  She is much better now. He has a helluva nasty cough still and his abs hurt from all the coughing.   No fevers though.

My other friend near Charleston, SC also fully vaccinated picked up the virus with a stuffy nose then got tested 3 days later and it was positive.  She had a fever and a cough yesterday.  Today she said the fever broke and the coughing is just occasional now.  Will see how she feels the next few days. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Avdave said:

Ive been wearing my mask anyway , even after fully Vaccinated. I just didnt trust the others out there who were or werent vaccinated.  It sucks we are going backwards again but if I have to wear my mask then Im good with it.  

My friends I mentioned before are on Day 15 for him.  She is much better now. He has a helluva nasty cough still and his abs hurt from all the coughing.   No fevers though.

My other friend near Charleston, SC also fully vaccinated picked up the virus with a stuffy nose then got tested 3 days later and it was positive.  She had a fever and a cough yesterday.  Today she said the fever broke and the coughing is just occasional now.  Will see how she feels the next few days. 

My nephew’s 3 year old has been running a 101 fever and head congestion for two days.  His wife is better except for the loss of taste. Interestingly my nephew’s test came back negative. That surprised me.

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, jburns said:

My nephew’s 3 year old has been running a 101 fever and head congestion for two days.  His wife is better except for the loss of taste. Interestingly my nephew’s test came back negative. That surprised me.

Yikes, hopefully it isnt anything serious.  Im surprised his test came back negative too unless it was a false negative.  How long has wife been dealing with it? 

Hope they both get better quickly

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LibertyStorm said:

Lol is this satire? Please tell me this is satire.

You dont like what I do with my life? I can care less. It is my option and I rather enjoy my trip than worrying most of the time. You dont know my history or my wife's so you can stfu

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• jburns unpinned this topic