Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Southern Sanitarium

buckeyefan1

44 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

My house was built in 1993 and we just replaced the upstairs unit in 2019, after about 5 years of it going out at least once per summer.  The downstairs one is still kicking.  Fortunately, with having installed new windows, the downstairs temp doesn't change very rapidly even if that unit isn't on.  HVAC is so expensive to replace. 

We have 3 units. One is circa 1996. I'm sure that trains coming. Good to see you in here sir, hope all is well.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, olafminesaw said:

Since the weather is as boring as can be, here's a fascinating article about cloud cover climatology for the 2024 eclipse:

https://eclipsophile.com/2024tse/

I can not wait for this! It's in April near my birthday, so while I'd love to go hang out with my fellow weather nerd peeps in the midwest or northeast, I'm going to harass Cory in Texas  :wub:  I've been warning him since the last total eclipse :lol:  @Avdave @Isopycnic @jburns @Fozz  Maybe if we all gang up on him he'll let us camp out at his place for the day :D 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, buckeyefan1 said:

I can not wait for this! It's in April near my birthday, so while I'd love to go hang out with my fellow weather nerd peeps in the midwest or northeast, I'm going to harass Cory in Texas  :wub:  I've been warning him since the last total eclipse :lol:  @Avdave @Isopycnic @jburns @Fozz  Maybe if we all gang up on him he'll let us camp out at his place for the day :D 

Yeah, I've never seen the totality, so I'll do what it takes to see it in 2024. Last chance in a long time

• Like 1

6 hours ago, buckeyefan1 said:

I will definitely be there if I’m still breathing. The last one was one of the top moments of my life and I’ve had my share of top moments.

• Like 2

On 7/12/2021 at 1:25 PM, olafminesaw said:

Yeah, I've never seen the totality, so I'll do what it takes to see it in 2024. Last chance in a long time

It's the most awesome thing to experience! From the 360 sunset to the crescent shadows to the shadow bands to the diamond ring to totality to the wind stopping and reversing to the temp drop and everything in reverse, it's something you will never forget.  

22 hours ago, jburns said:

I will definitely be there if I’m still breathing. The last one was one of the top moments of my life and I’ve had my share of top moments.

Yassss!! It was for me too  :wub:  It was already an awesome experience that was enhanced by sharing it with some of the most amazing weather nerds ever :D :hug:   :wub:

On 7/12/2021 at 11:05 AM, buckeyefan1 said:

That was def one of my top 2 day trips for me. It was a blast for me and to witness something so amazing like that with great people.  I hope to do it again the next time too. :wub:

• Like 1

On 7/12/2021 at 11:05 AM, buckeyefan1 said:

That was an incredible moment and I never thought I'd see anything like it. I'm definitely hoping for the same in 2024 and I have family near Dallas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wow said:

Rain is as rare now as a buckeyefan post without emojis.

:lol:  

:wub: 

Had a decent weekend until one of my good friends called me and he and wife tested positive for the damn covid. They both had been fully vaccinated for months as well with the Pfizer shot.  He is in rough shape, breathing wise but they are both are feeling really sick from this. If his breathing gets worse for him the doc said to go to the ER.  They went there first this morning, and there was a 8 hour wait. 8 freaking hours. 

8 minutes ago, Avdave said:

Had a decent weekend until one of my good friends called me and he and wife tested positive for the damn covid. They both had been fully vaccinated for months as well with the Pfizer shot.  He is in rough shape, breathing wise but they are both are feeling really sick from this. If his breathing gets worse for him the doc said to go to the ER.  They went there first this morning, and there was a 8 hour wait. 8 freaking hours. 

Sorry about your friends.  This is one (of many) things that pisses me off about this covid stuff.  There are effective, simple, and cheap outpatient treatments that drastically reduce the chances of having to be admitted.  But many general practitioners have been told to tell their patients to treat the symptoms and go to the ER if they start having trouble breathing.  It’s absolute malpractice.

Dr. Peters at Bethany Medical in Greensboro is one local doctor who is willing to treat patients without sending them straight to the ER unless necessary.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, magpiemaniac said:

Sorry about your friends.  This is one (of many) things that pisses me off about this covid stuff.  There are effective, simple, and cheap outpatient treatments that drastically reduce the chances of having to be admitted.  But many general practitioners have been told to tell their patients to treat the symptoms and go to the ER if they start having trouble breathing.  It’s absolute malpractice.

Dr. Peters at Bethany Medical in Greensboro is one local doctor who is willing to treat patients without sending them straight to the ER unless necessary.

Thanks!  Yeah they were like we arent waiting 8 hours and then who knows how long they would be waiting for the doc to show up. 

Im glad they went to one of the urgent care places instead and got retested. I just want them to feel better. Im scared for him since he has heart issues and some lung issues.   Sounds like Dr Peters knows how to handle these cases. Smart one for sure. 

On 7/18/2021 at 8:00 PM, Avdave said:

That really sucks  :(  Positive thoughts for their speedy recovery  :hug:

On 7/18/2021 at 8:48 PM, Maggie Ace said:

Seem Shellhead has taking a liking to OT.

I've been posting in ot for almost 20 years now  :bike:    Not sure why this is a surprise to you  :lol:

7 hours ago, magpiemaniac said:

I waited at Spectrum for nearly two hours to pick up equipment for my parents. 

I did too in Columbia and they ended up not having everything so I get to make another 2hr trip.....yay   :rolleyes:

• Like 2

20 hours ago, magpiemaniac said:

I waited at Spectrum for nearly two hours to pick up equipment for my parents.  When they finally called my name, I did my best Steve Ballmer impersonation.  Not joking.

I had Spectrum mail my extra cable box to me and then had them come out and fix it when it wouldn't work. I refuse to drive the 45 minutes to their store and wait for the next available teller.

On 7/18/2021 at 9:02 PM, Avdave said:

Thanks!  Yeah they were like we arent waiting 8 hours and then who knows how long they would be waiting for the doc to show up. 

Im glad they went to one of the urgent care places instead and got retested. I just want them to feel better. Im scared for him since he has heart issues and some lung issues.   Sounds like Dr Peters knows how to handle these cases. Smart one for sure. 

Sorry to hear this. Where do they live that has an eight hour wait for emergency care?

1 hour ago, jburns said:

Sorry to hear this. Where do they live that has an eight hour wait for emergency care?

It was in SE VA.   They went back to the doc today and he suspects they are at the peak right now if the virus. It is confirmed it is the delta variant.  It sounds pretty awful.  So looks like Ill be keeping myself in the house here. I have been masking up anywhere I went anyway

44 minutes ago, Avdave said:

It was in SE VA.   They went back to the doc today and he suspects they are at the peak right now if the virus. It is confirmed it is the delta variant.  It sounds pretty awful.  So looks like Ill be keeping myself in the house here. I have been masking up anywhere I went anyway

I was in Atlanta with my wife the last few days.  Not many masks down there and luckily we had no need for emergency services.  The Delta variant will be over 90% of US cases by the end of the month. Lambda just popped up in Texas so it remains to be seen if it will take hold. Interesting times.

1 hour ago, jburns said:

I was in Atlanta with my wife the last few days.  Not many masks down there and luckily we had no need for emergency services.  The Delta variant will be over 90% of US cases by the end of the month. Lambda just popped up in Texas so it remains to be seen if it will take hold. Interesting times.

Im supposed to go to N Y for my Bday weekend next month. Im thinking not such a good idea, flying up and back and then in the population as the two variants are going to be everywhere. We came back from the OBX and no masks there either minus a few people. I heard about the Lambda variant now too. We are so screwed IMO.  I beleive in the vaccines but it seems that the virus can outdo the virus nowadays. Def some interesting times ahead. May have to look fior a job where I can work from home

On 7/21/2021 at 5:58 PM, Avdave said:

Im supposed to go to N Y for my Bday weekend next month. Im thinking not such a good idea, flying up and back and then in the population as the two variants are going to be everywhere. We came back from the OBX and no masks there either minus a few people. I heard about the Lambda variant now too. We are so screwed IMO.  I beleive in the vaccines but it seems that the virus can outdo the virus nowadays. Def some interesting times ahead. May have to look fior a job where I can work from home

Not much is known about Lambda yet.  It may be less infectious than Delta and will not get a chance to spread much.  I basically had stopped wearing a mask except for my hospital trip every week but I may have to start again when indoors with a lot of people. I have several conditions that could limit my immune response. I had no noticeable reaction at all to either of my Pfizer shots. 

• jburns unpinned this topic