Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Southern Sanitarium

buckeyefan1

buckeyefan1
This post was recognized by buckeyefan1!

yotaman was awarded the badge 'Great Content'

Woohoo, I just earned my 1 year badge even though I have been a member since 2014. Am I working for the government again? And I just earned my Posting Machine badge. Double woohoo. So when do I become a Rookie?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, yotaman said:

Woohoo, I just earned my 1 year badge even though I have been a member since 2014. Am I working for the government again? And I just earned my Posting Machine badge. Double woohoo. So when do I become a Rookie?

I’m waiting to be a Grand Master B)

Rjay
This post was recognized by Rjay!

"I'm better than your mods"

yotaman was awarded the badge 'Great Support' and 1 points.

19 minutes ago, buckeyefan1 said:

Ummmmmmmm.......maybe?  :lol:   I've made it from newbie to rookie  :weight_lift:

It says I am 14 points from becoming a rookie. How do you get points? After 7 years and over 3K posts, why am I still a newbie? Enquiring minds want to know.

4 minutes ago, yotaman said:

It says I am 14 points from becoming a rookie. How do you get points? After 7 years and over 3K posts, why am I still a newbie? Enquiring minds want to know.

I have no idea what I've done to get badges and points  :( 

If you all are having any issues with the upgrade, please let me know. I know there is trouble with the mobile version missing messages and notifications for some. They're working on the bugs, so hopefully we'll be out of newbie status soon. 

31 minutes ago, buckeyefan1 said:

I have no idea what I've done to get badges and points  :( 

If you all are having any issues with the upgrade, please let me know. I know there is trouble with the mobile version missing messages and notifications for some. They're working on the bugs, so hopefully we'll be out of newbie status soon. 

Love the new look and colors, very clean.  Still figuring out whats new....other than the humiliation of the badge thingy.  

• Like 1

buckeyefan1

olafminesaw was awarded the badge 'Superstar'

This feels like one of those reddit April fool's things. Like, it's a practical joke, where we all descend into madness trying to figure out how to get points and badges and why certain new members move up the ranks faster and have special powers.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, olafminesaw said:

This feels like one of those reddit April fool's things. Like, it's a practical joke, where we all descend into madness trying to figure out how to get points and badges and why certain new members move up the ranks faster and have special powers.

It looks like each person can get 50 points awarded to them from others each day. Mods/admin can give unlimited points per day and take away. There are so many points between each icon that you have to get in order to get to the next level. The amount of points needed goes up each level too.

That’s all I got :lol:

• Like 1

buckeyefan1

magpiemaniac was awarded the badge 'Superstar'

4 hours ago, buckeyefan1 said:

It looks like each person can get 50 points awarded to them from others each day. Mods/admin can give unlimited points per day and take away. There are so many points between each icon that you have to get in order to get to the next level. The amount of points needed goes up each level too.

That’s all I got :lol:

For eleven years on this site, I’ve done nothing but complain about lackluster winters (and lately a relatively dry summer) only to be demoted to newbie?  Thanks for nothing.  :P

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, magpiemaniac said:

My downstairs HVAC is acting up which makes me immediately long for cooler fall temps. At least upstairs is fine.

It’s always something.

My house was built in 1993 and we just replaced the upstairs unit in 2019, after about 5 years of it going out at least once per summer.  The downstairs one is still kicking.  Fortunately, with having installed new windows, the downstairs temp doesn't change very rapidly even if that unit isn't on.  HVAC is so expensive to replace. 

• jburns unpinned this topic