Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Southern Sanitarium

buckeyefan1

16 hours ago, magpiemaniac said:

I think back to 2006 and how the Canes came within a hair of being bounced by a low-seeded Montreal in the first round.  Started with two home loses and had to win in OT in game 6 on the road.

But I agree with getting on the board early and often in this next game.  I think the Preds have scored first in 4 of the 5 games so far.  Canes have had some success in chasing games and it’s a good skill to have, but that luck runs out eventually.  And it’s ugly to watch.

I optimistically ordered my seats for round 2.  :unsure:

Me as well. This series has been frustrating but the Bolts will be brutal. Apparently Kucherov (nice "use" of the cap rules) is just fine in spite of Duclair's best efforts. 

6 hours ago, frazdaddy said:

This series has been frustrating but the Bolts will be brutal.

Like many teams, the Canes tend to play up (or down) to their level of competition, so with measured expectations, I’d actually enjoy watching a tough series with Tampa (assuming we don’t get taken out to the shed so to speak).  The Preds series has been infuriating.  I didn’t realize how much I disliked Haula until now.

6 hours ago, magpiemaniac said:

Like many teams, the Canes tend to play up (or down) to their level of competition, so with measured expectations, I’d actually enjoy watching a tough series with Tampa (assuming we don’t get taken out to the shed so to speak).  The Preds series has been infuriating.  I didn’t realize how much I disliked Haula until now.

The crowd has made the Haula sentiment pretty clear, lol.  I agree the Bolts will be a much faster easier watch but the physical toll will be the brutal part I fear.

2 hours ago, frazdaddy said:

The crowd has made the Haula sentiment pretty clear, lol.  I agree the Bolts will be a much faster easier watch but the physical toll will be the brutal part I fear.

Another frustrating game tonight.  Canes look like a pile of poo this second period.  Likely the worst period I’ve seen them play all season.  They’re rattled.

As someone born and raised in Tennessee, I couldn’t stand anything related to Nashville.  That makes this series that much more excruciating to watch.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, magpiemaniac said:

Another frustrating game tonight.  Canes look like a pile of poo this second period.  Likely the worst period I’ve seen them play all season.  They’re rattled.

As someone born and raised in Tennessee, I couldn’t stand anything related to Nashville.  That makes this series that much more excruciating to watch.

True, but I think we are coming together. We seem to play to the level of our opponents for some reason. It would be great to get Ceddrick back for this but I think we see a better Canes team in the next round.

10 minutes ago, frazdaddy said:

True, but I think we are coming together. We seem to play to the level of our opponents for some reason. It would be great to get Ceddrick back for this but I think we see a better Canes team in the next round.

I hope they make the round 2 schedule announcement today.  I’m in section 124.

• Like 1

So about those armored millipedes/centipedes...

Is there a way to get rid of or prevent them from entering my property? I'm finding them everywhere around my apartment. They creep me out.

Something keeps eating my plants too :(. I had to move them inside.

On 5/28/2021 at 5:25 PM, frazdaddy said:

Can't make Sunday unless something changes but will be there Tuesday for sure.

Pardon my uncanny command of the obvious, but the Canes need to win tonight or Saturday to bring the series back home for game 5.  I guess I should just be pessimistic in advance so I won’t end up disappointed.

They’ve not played badly.  Just no puck luck so far.

9 minutes ago, magpiemaniac said:

Pardon my uncanny command of the obvious, but the Canes need to win tonight or Saturday to bring the series back home for game 5.  I guess I should just be pessimistic in advance so I won’t end up disappointed.

They’ve not played badly.  Just no puck luck so far.

Well , Rod shook it up pretty good. Sat line back together, Petr in net and 4th line with some speed we shall see...

Ned a Caulder finalist is pretty cool for him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, frazdaddy said:

@magpiemaniac

15 years ago we were down 2 games to 0 to the leafs. ( coincidentally the last time we played hockey in June) On that night another Stahl won the game in OT just like his brother did last night. We all know what happened after that. 

It's a sign...#ihope  GOCanes!!!

Watching the lightning score those 2 quick PP goals was demoralizing but insanely proud of the boys for turning in a great 3rd period and OT when our season depended on it. We earned that game winner. This team is resilient.

13 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Watching the lightning score those 2 quick PP goals was demoralizing but insanely proud of the boys for turning in a great 3rd period when our season depended on it. We earned that game winner. This team is resilient.

Yes sir. This team is really reminiscent of that 06 team. Came back in to correct my post above as it was the Habs and not the Leafs in the game I referenced. I realized I was wrong because the Leafs have never played a single game in June.

25 minutes ago, frazdaddy said:

According to their forum we are boring. Here's to boring them some more..

We’re supposedly boring?  Tampa has to issue their fans little party favors in order to make noise.  PNC is louder even while twirling around terry cloth towels.

(Full disclosure:  I yell and clap during games just to be louder.  The towel stays in my back pocket.)

38 minutes ago, magpiemaniac said:

We’re supposedly boring?  Tampa has to issue their fans little party favors in order to make noise.  PNC is louder even while twirling around terry cloth towels.

(Full disclosure:  I yell and clap during games just to be louder.  The towel stays in my back pocket.)

LOL, some of the folks ATG said OT was like a library in there last night. Here's to keeping it that way on Sat.

I’m trying to move my retired parents from TN to NC and this is the absolutely worst real estate market to try to do it in.  Great for sellers, but terrible for buyers.  At their advancing age, they’d like to sell their current home and lease here so they don’t have to worry about maintenance, etc.  The inventory is slim, the prices are ridiculous, and the few houses that are available are snapped up in what seem to be hours.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, magpiemaniac said:

I’m trying to move my retired parents from TN to NC and this is the absolutely worst real estate market to try to do it in.  Great for sellers, but terrible for buyers.  At their advancing age, they’d like to sell their current home and lease here so they don’t have to worry about maintenance, etc.  The inventory is slim, the prices are ridiculous, and the few houses that are available are snapped up in what seem to be hours.

It is definitely a seller’s market. It will reverse but probably not for a year or so.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2021 at 7:00 PM, yotaman said:

Got my 1st shot Thursday and my shoulder has hurt like hell ever since. Wakes me up every time I turn on it. Still tender to the touch today. My wife's shoulder hurt a little on Friday and but is fine now.

My wife has had bad headaches and neck stiffness ever since her second Pfizer shot and my brother-in-law developed heart inflammation.  I’m waiting until Novavax releases their shot based on more traditional technology.  I’m not really enthusiastic about being a guinea pig.  :P

1 hour ago, magpiemaniac said:

My wife has had bad headaches and neck stiffness ever since her second Pfizer shot and my brother-in-law developed heart inflammation.  I’m waiting until Novavax releases their shot based on more traditional technology.  I’m not really enthusiastic about being a guinea pig.  :P

Careful.  You don’t want to became a Charles (Charley) Havlat.

• jburns unpinned this topic