Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Southern Sanitarium

buckeyefan1

3 hours ago, jburns said:

Primarily self inflicted.  Everyone filled their tanks at once. Think bread and milk in the winter.

While there’s certainly some “panic buying” going on, there’s also no denying that we’re in the middle of a short-term supply crunch.  Seems like the local news stations want to lecture everyone to not top off your tank that’s already on 1/4.  There’s probably no moral consolation to the person sitting on the side of the road two days from now with an empty tank saying to themselves, “Well, at least I didn’t panic buy on Wednesday.”  Pundits, politicians, and reporters lie to us routinely, so when we’re told to chill out because everything will be normal by Friday, we’re reminded that we once had fifteen days to flatten the curve, too.  :D

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, magpiemaniac said:

While there’s certainly some “panic buying” going on, there’s also no denying that we’re in the middle of a short-term supply crunch.  Seems like the local news stations want to lecture everyone to not top off your tank that’s already on 1/4.  There’s probably no moral consolation to the person sitting on the side of the road two days from now with an empty tank saying to themselves, “Well, at least I didn’t panic buy on Wednesday.”  Pundits, politicians, and reporters lie to us routinely, so when we’re told to chill out because everything will be normal by Friday, we’re reminded that we once had fifteen days to flatten the curve, too.  :D

All true but it doesn’t change the fact that a fuel shortage can be created any time everyone decides to fill up their tank at once.  Shortages have two components. The supply side and the demand side. The toilet paper shortage last year was totally demand driven. Companies quickly upped the TP production over 30% and there was still a shortage. This time it is both supply and demand that has been disrupted so the effect is more rapid and severe for a short time. Once gasoline starts being delivered to stations in a few days it will quickly return to a more normal situation since most cars have full tanks and demand will lesson for a few days.

I'll tell you what burns me up. SER forming, and no Plains severe. High Plains yes. Traditional central Plains no.

Then it goes more Mid South than SER which might as well be death ridge. 

Bottom line: Unpleasant heat comes in here, but I'm not in the Great Plains chasing. When did central Plains severe get as hard as snow in the South?

8 hours ago, nrgjeff said:

I'll tell you what burns me up. SER forming, and no Plains severe. High Plains yes. Traditional central Plains no.

Then it goes more Mid South than SER which might as well be death ridge

Bottom line: Unpleasant heat comes in here, but I'm not in the Great Plains chasing. When did central Plains severe get as hard as snow in the South?

Every time I look at the long range it gets worse  :angry:   It's the most absolute disgusting pattern there is. I'm already tired of it and it just started. I can't imagine how pissy I'll be once its been firmly planted for the next couple of weeks. Ugh :gun_bandana:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, magpiemaniac said:

I’m old enough to remember when we had afternoon thunderstorms.

I’m old enough to remember when the glacier breeze kicked in and lowered afternoon temps. Sometimes I even had to put on my Sabre Tooth Tiger jacket in the middle of summer. Good times.

• Haha 1

On 5/21/2021 at 10:01 PM, magpiemaniac said:

I’m old enough to remember when we had afternoon thunderstorms.

Me too and the outflow boundaries surrounding them  :( 

22 hours ago, jburns said:

I’m old enough to remember when the glacier breeze kicked in and lowered afternoon temps. Sometimes I even had to put on my Sabre Tooth Tiger jacket in the middle of summer. Good times.

In my day we called it buffalo summer because the day started and ended with wearing our buffalo robes to keep warm :P 

2 hours ago, Avdave said:

Ugh the humidity has arrived. Dews in the upper 60s. Eff this

+1 

6 minutes ago, frazdaddy said:

Slavin being out is huge. Dougie is lost W/O him. We also need to remember how to score on defenses that pack it in. 

The pressure to perform at home tomorrow night will be immense.  This series was within a hair of already being wrapped up 4-0.  Canes are clearly the better team, but better teams poop the bed all the time in playoffs.

I’ve been in such a foul mood since late Friday.  And Trashville of all teams.  I’d rather get taken to the mat by Washington.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, magpiemaniac said:

The pressure to perform at home tomorrow night will be immense.  This series was within a hair of already being wrapped up 4-0.  Canes are clearly the better team, but better teams poop the bed all the time in playoffs.

I’ve been in such a foul mood since late Friday.  And Trashville of all teams.  I’d rather get taken to the mat by Washington.

Watching 8 hours of hockey and having to witness 2 double OT heartbreakers is pretty brutal considering the series start. I’m still optimistic heading home again but this is an absolute must win. Feels like a homer series where no team will win away from home 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, magpiemaniac said:

HF26 is a den of negativity right now. Lot's of very pissed off fans

.https://hfboards.mandatory.com/forums/carolina-hurricanes.26/

Had seats for tonight but let them go. 9:30 start Thursday? C'mon man...with 2 ot's that makes it a 2002 2am Redwings heartbreaker. Not ever gonna do that again. Cat's made it interesting in Fla , we shall see what tonight / tomorrow brings. Oilers though , lol...

23 minutes ago, frazdaddy said:

HF26 is a den of negativity right now. Lot's of very pissed off fans

.https://hfboards.mandatory.com/forums/carolina-hurricanes.26/

Had seats for tonight but let them go. 9:30 start Thursday? C'mon man...with 2 ot's that makes it a 2002 2am Redwings heartbreaker. Not ever gonna do that again. Cat's made it interesting in Fla , we shall see what tonight / tomorrow brings. Oilers though , lol...

I was in TN last week helping my parents, so I had to skip buying the first round playoff strip.  I’m scheduled to buy for the second and additional rounds tomorrow morning (assuming the obvious) but I haven’t decided whether I should bother.

The Canes let the Preds’ foot in the door.  They’re going to have to deflate them tonight or the season ends prematurely.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, magpiemaniac said:

I was in TN last week helping my parents, so I had to skip buying the first round playoff strip.  I’m scheduled to buy for the second and additional rounds tomorrow morning (assuming the obvious) but I haven’t decided whether I should bother.

The Canes let the Preds’ foot in the door.  They’re going to have to deflate them tonight or the season ends prematurely.

Me as well. We have gone to all the home games so far and will continue if they get their $#i+ together. Not acting like they want it and for 8 million Dougie can go to the Kracken for all I care. 

10 hours ago, magpiemaniac said:

This is not the same team we watched a month ago.  :unsure:

Nope, and I turned it off after 2. Nacho's wrap was due and some of what I expect we will see from him in the future. This team is the best we have ever put on the ice ...sometimes. They need to pick it up or we are toast. Got extremely lucky last night. 

57 minutes ago, frazdaddy said:

Nope, and I turned it off after 2. Nacho's wrap was due and some of what I expect we will see from him in the future. This team is the best we have ever put on the ice ...sometimes. They need to pick it up or we are toast. Got extremely lucky last night. 

I was so relieved after Naces’ second goal that I didn’t even react.  I just numbly sat there.  Here’s to hoping that we’re not treated to a game 7.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, magpiemaniac said:

This is not the same team we watched a month ago.  :unsure:

I think this series is an aberration. Nashville’s goaltending is keeping them alive. Their game plan to promote frequent stoppages in play, liberal use of icing, and solid defense are frustrating to a team that is one of the fastest and free flowing teams in the league. Our offensive rhythm has been disrupted by the slow methodical style Nashville plays with and our inability to get pucks through Saros is frustrating. I truly think if we could just get on the board early or get a two goal lead that would force Nashville to play with more tempo we’d see the team we watched all season come back. Unfortunately in the playoffs what we’re watching is a pretty common style and flow so we have to win ugly sometimes if we want to win the whole thing 

• Like 1

I think back to 2006 and how the Canes came within a hair of being bounced by a low-seeded Montreal in the first round.  Started with two home loses and had to win in OT in game 6 on the road.

But I agree with getting on the board early and often in this next game.  I think the Preds have scored first in 4 of the 5 games so far.  Canes have had some success in chasing games and it’s a good skill to have, but that luck runs out eventually.  And it’s ugly to watch.

I optimistically ordered my seats for round 2.  :unsure:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NorthHillsWx said:

I think this series is an aberration. Nashville’s goaltending is keeping them alive. Their game plan to promote frequent stoppages in play, liberal use of icing, and solid defense are frustrating to a team that is one of the fastest and free flowing teams in the league. Our offensive rhythm has been disrupted by the slow methodical style Nashville plays with and our inability to get pucks through Saros is frustrating. I truly think if we could just get on the board early or get a two goal lead that would force Nashville to play with more tempo we’d see the team we watched all season come back. Unfortunately in the playoffs what we’re watching is a pretty common style and flow so we have to win ugly sometimes if we want to win the whole thing 

Spot on and to that end I wager we see a line shake up tonight early.  

• jburns unpinned this topic