• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
nrgjeff

Just now, Chattownsnow said:

Things are clearing out a decent bit to our west. I don’t know how well that translates further east but we get any kind of clearing or partly cloudy skies and I think everyone on the forum knows what that means. 

That’s irrelevant. If you read the discussion from the SPC they specify that the warm air surging north would override the lack of sun heating. Honestly I don’t think the warm front makes it through TN and I don’t think we see much here. Now Alabama.... have fun

10 minutes ago, Chip said:

That’s irrelevant. If you read the discussion from the SPC they specify that the warm air surging north would override the lack of sun heating. Honestly I don’t think the warm front makes it through TN and I don’t think we see much here. Now Alabama.... have fun

Yes it will

14 minutes ago, Chip said:

With or without clearing storms are coming, but if any clearing happens (which I don’t think we get any meaningful amount) it certainly would be bad for the intensity potential of storms. 

With or without clearing storms are coming, but if any clearing happens (which I don’t think we get any meaningful amount) it certainly would be bad for the intensity potential of storms. 

MRX said in their 9:30am update that they think whether it clears up or not probably won’t matter. Basically saying WAA will overcome morning rains and cool boundary layer whether the sun comes out or not. However they did say they believe the skies may clear for a while. Let’s also remember most guidance does not show the skies clearing and the sun coming out. So even a situation where the skies don’t clear won’t change the forecast.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, PowellVolz said:

MRX said in their 9:30am update that they think whether it clears up or not probably won’t matter. Basically saying WAA will overcome morning rains and cool boundary layer whether the sun comes out or not. However they did say they believe the skies may clear for a while. Let’s also remember most guidance does not show the skies clearing and the sun coming out. So even a situation where the skies don’t clear won’t change the forecast.

Thanks for sharing that. Been working and haven’t had a lot of time to really look at all the information available. Usually clear skies are troubling in situations like this but clearly this may not matter much. 

• Like 1

WWUS54 KBMX 251837
SVSBMX

HAZARD...Deadly tornado.

SOURCE...Radar confirmed tornado.

IMPACT...You are in a life-threatening situation. Flying debris may 
         be deadly to those caught without shelter. Mobile homes 
         will be destroyed. Considerable damage to homes, 
         businesses, and vehicles is likely and complete destruction 
         is possible.

Locations impacted include...
Hoover, Vestavia Hills, Trussville, Leeds, Moody, Chelsea, Indian
Springs Village, Vincent, Harpersville, Westover, Shops of Grand
River, Oak Mountain State Park, Vandiver, Barber Motorsports Park,
Greystone, Highland Lakes, Fowler Lake, Lake Purdy, Brook Highland
and Meadowbrook.

Severe Weather Statement
National Weather Service Birmingham AL
148 PM CDT Thu Mar 25 2021

ALC073-117-251900-
/O.CON.KBMX.TO.W.0046.000000T0000Z-210325T1900Z/
Shelby AL-Jefferson AL-
148 PM CDT Thu Mar 25 2021

...TORNADO EMERGENCY FOR SHELBY COUNTY...

...A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 200 PM CDT FOR
NORTHEASTERN SHELBY AND EAST CENTRAL JEFFERSON COUNTIES...

At 147 PM CDT, a confirmed large and destructive tornado was located
over Mount Laurel, or near Chelsea, moving northeast at 45 mph.

TORNADO EMERGENCY for Hwy 280 and 119. This is a PARTICULARLY 
DANGEROUS SITUATION. TAKE COVER NOW!

HAZARD...Deadly tornado.

SOURCE...Radar confirmed tornado.

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic