Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NNE Warm Season Thread 2021

wxeyeNH

10 hours ago, bwt3650 said:

very cool shot..so is that the back of madonna and sterling at smuggs?

Yeah here's a quick Paint map, ha.  I have no idea why the Smuggs trails aren't on Google (they probably like it that way :lol:) but Smuggs is on the backside there of the Spruce Peak trails at Stowe.  Photo taken from the top of the Sensation Quad and it's the one time of year the sun angle from the west lines up perfectly to cast Mansfield's shadow into the black circle on that face.  That's the Sterling Ridge that runs down east of Stowe ski resort and Sterling Valley drainage is on the other side.  

Untitled.thumb.jpg.1e46fff09cef70ef84f65026768330fe.jpg

was camping at about 2,600' in the Dry River Wilderness area Saturday nite (spectacular, rugged area) and it was cool Sunday morning. No sign of frost but definitely first hints of Fall - those who had brought their light winter jackets were wearing them! Summited Mt. Isolation Sunday AM - within a few days of when I did it 2 years ago - and the foliage is definitely behind this year. Yesterday was the perfect early Fall day in the high peaks - amazing.

20 hours ago, borderwx said:

‘‘Twas a decent Saturday evening on White Rock…

26185CA7-77C2-404C-944C-A0DB8DDCD032.thumb.jpeg.58ec117477a1d33fc0324c6e50d1de6f.jpeg

20 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

What a shot!  Don’t believe I’ve ever hiked that despite being in the neighborhood.  Great shot of Camels Hump.  I think JSpin’s place is down there somewhere.

Yes, definitely; somewhere down in the valley behind that tallest tree in the shot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

A couple full moon shots from the other evening in Stowe.  The last three days have been phenomenal for viewing the huge full moon...tonight's stratus layer at 3,000ft, not so much.

1.jpg.0a91779fa2c6a50d040801d23354f563.jpg

2.jpg.6b4c8dbb48e2d69da87fe64dd280919f.jpg

Great pictures. Love how bright the night sky is around here. Have actually been thinking of buying some books about constellations, planets, stuff like that which can be visible. I look up there and have no idea what I'm even looking at sometimes.

24 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Ha, isn't that the town he lives in?  Wonder how she buries the bodies.  She's got too much money to do it with a shovel, likely a backhoe.

On 9/24/2021 at 10:08 PM, greenmtnwx said:

Scott what happened at Stowe zip line?

I can't comment on it beyond that I worked with him on the zip pretty much since it’s beginning, he was an awesome guy and a veteran guide.  I had talked to him right before his tour. Truly great guy and some boys lost a father… it’s been a very tough few days for the resort community.

• Sad 2

11 hours ago, powderfreak said:

I can't comment on it beyond that I worked with him on the zip pretty much since it’s beginning, he was an awesome guy and a veteran guide.  I had talked to him right before his tour. Truly great guy and some boys lost a father… it’s been a very tough few days for the resort community.

This hits too close to home. I worked in this industry for 3 years and became a certified trainer. I have friends still working in the industry. 

Condolences on the loss of your friend.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Patriot21 said:

Just wanted to report frost on the windshield at 3 am. Thermometer is behind the house and my vehicle doesn't have one so I'm not sure what the temperature was. 

Your definitely the king radiator of the VT crew, probably got down to around 32-33F-ish would be my guess

36.9F here. 

29 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Your definitely the king radiator of the VT crew, probably got down to around 32-33F-ish would be my guess

36.9F here. 

Yeah, I'm not sure exactly where he lives but it's close enough to me that I've spent a fair amount pf time in his area.  There are a lot of hollows that radiate pretty well.  He is in the same vicinity as our former NNE stalwart Allenson