• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NNE Warm Season Thread 2021

wxeyeNH

After 11" of rain in July it is turning out to be a very dry August.  No rain for the first 1/2 of the month and only 1.33" since.  About .45" with Henri.   Rain bands are trying to get up as far as the Lakes Region but so far have dried up as they get up here.  Still the chance this evening that they will.

15 hours ago, wxeyeNH said:

After 11" of rain in July it is turning out to be a very dry August.  No rain for the first 1/2 of the month and only 1.33" since.  About .45" with Henri.   Rain bands are trying to get up as far as the Lakes Region but so far have dried up as they get up here.  Still the chance this evening that they will.

Same 0.45" here.  Two TCs and couldn't reach 0.8".  Odd distribution of RA yesterday, with 2-3" in York County and BGR to HUL, with only crumbs in between.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Granville  6 inches 

I saw a few flashes to the south. That area is right in the heart of the Green Mts. between Sugarbush and Killington. Ironically, it was pretty much ground zero for Irene.  There has been a lot of coverage of the 10th anniversary Irene this week too. 

• Like 1

Yesterday's 65F high definitely a little shock to the system, also was gusting to 30-35 throughout the day on some strong east flow/downslope winds.

Spent 5 days in the ADKs during the peak heating this week and max lake water temp got to 83.7F. Warmest I've ever seen it there.  Only thing high dews are good for, so worked out perfect swimming wise.

Best Fall Getaways: Magazine Says Small New England Town Among Nation’s Top Destinations – NECN

As if it wasn't already crazy enough in October around here..:lol:

A lot of small NE towns and suburbs may be changed forever Post Covid.  My older daughter who is 9 has 8 new kids in her grade this year, they had 6 last year too.  Pre Covid maybe had 1 or 2 new over a 3 year period.  If you extrapolate those numbers to all grades and with 4 local elementary schools, you can see the overall new influx.(Obviously 8 new per grade if probably high, my other daughter has 3-4 I think).

The elementary school that serves the Stratton/Bromely area's I know cant handle the new influx this year.  I think they had to bring in extra trailers or something, it's crazy.

Amazing the difference from just 6-7 years ago when we moved here.  You would think this would be huge boom to the local economy here, as most people moving here are white collar workers-upper-middle class and up it seems.

33 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Best Fall Getaways: Magazine Says Small New England Town Among Nation’s Top Destinations – NECN

As if it wasn't already crazy enough in October around here..:lol:

A lot of small NE towns and suburbs may be changed forever Post Covid.  My older daughter who is 9 has 8 new kids in her grade this year, they had 6 last year too.  Pre Covid maybe had 1 or 2 new over a 3 year period.  If you extrapolate those numbers to all grades and with 4 local elementary schools, you can see the overall new influx.(Obviously 8 new per grade if probably high, my other daughter has 3-4 I think).

The elementary school that serves the Stratton/Bromely area's I know cant handle the new influx this year.  I think they had to bring in extra trailers or something, it's crazy.

Amazing the difference from just 6-7 years ago when we moved here.  You would think this would be huge boom to the local economy here, as most people moving here are white collar workers-upper-middle class and up it seems.

This was in VT Digger this morning. 

https://vtdigger.org/2021/09/05/does-census-data-reveal-the-movements-of-out-of-state-residents/

3 hours ago, mreaves said:

My wife was talking about this earlier, I guess she saw something on the news. We're looking for our retirement spot and we'd rather move north than south, 90% sure it will be somewhere in Maine but keeping an open mind.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mreaves said:

Yea, that sums it pretty well.  Two of those SVT towns-Peru/Winhall feed into that school I was talking about needing the extra trailer space.  There certainly has been an large uptick in Manchester as well, but I think maybe more of just turnover of older folks selling and younger people coming in with families, as Manchester is already an established town with decent year round population compared to the ski towns with so many empty second ski homes now being occupied full time.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Crisp there!  54F here now and 0.39” in the stratus gauge from today’s two rounds.  Slider doors shut, that time of year.

It is crispy out, can see my breath lol.  Love it.  I am becoming less and less of a summer person. I bet that'll change as I get older though.