Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NNE Warm Season Thread 2021

wxeyeNH

1 hour ago, backedgeapproaching said:

I like that tiny pencil dot of 18-24" at Stratton Summit..ha.

I dont see 6" happening in Manchester, not in town at 700'.  It would have to be absolutely nuking to get temps to cool down for that accumulation on the valley floor.  Thinking maybe 3-5" IMBY, maybe 1-2" in town?

StormTotalSnow.png

Lol..looks like ALY agrees with my expert assessment with the new map..:lol:

image.thumb.png.64787764c7ef2387b7c1fb015ba26be9.png

1" down as of 7am. Feeling pretty good about this event in my area. Heaviest rates are forecast to occur from 12pm-5pm today which should offset the daytime factor. Currently 31/29 with accumulation even on paved surfaces. Hopefully this event can push my seasonal total up and over the 70" mark.

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Yeah radar getting that firehose look off the ocean. 

Don't even need to look at anything but wind streamlines, they haven't changed in 4 days.... throw all QPF maps out lol.  Gonna get crushed.

Sort of like what NW flow does up here with the right synoptic set up. QPF is definitely the least accurate part of it.

9 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Looks like the official CoCoRaHS number was 133" for the season before today, but the record of the early April event is missing, I believe that was 3 inches here or so (I am terrible with remembering these little events). So it's probably more like 136" or so. We will see if we can get to 145" or more.

We'll shave off 5-8% for 85yr old weenie measuring...:)  Still a respectable number...ha.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

And you had a pretty lean start too after missing out on the early December event (IIRC).

We managed 6" during the December 5th event, which completely hosed the valley. But yes, there was 14-20" above 2000' so that was a tough pill to swallow. Today's event will likely be the largest event since then, so the two biggest events of the season (at elevation) will both fall outside of astronomical winter lol.

• Like 1

At Rt302 level, we hovered between 33-35 degrees all day. I did clear 4 inches off my car this morning at 10am. Must have had a a decent band in the earlier morning hrs...it snowed all the rest of the day but didn't really accumulate. Also, Bretton Woods gets shadowed on an easterly flow.

2.5" final snow amount at my elevation 

Moving up here from the flat lands of Greater Boston it still amazes me how just a few hundred feet make such a difference in snow amounts.   At Newfound Lake level where most people live there is no snow and it was just a mix all day.  Driving up a sideroad from the lake you go to bare ground to winter wonderland in less than a mile.

A video from today of that.... It should say April 16 not 15

50 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Ended up at around 6”. 

Good event.  The snowfall definitely improved at a lower snow level as one moved south and east of up here.

1.0-1.5" snowfall at the height of accumulation based on wife's observations at 750ft.  Was only a half inch of slope on the board when I got home at 4pm, melting all day after the morning burst. Sloppy white.

12" snow depth increase at the Mount Mansfield Stake.  Strong elevational gradient.

Drought concerns are minimized with a heavy QPF event.