Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter 2021

Stormlover74

3 hours ago, forkyfork said:

are you being treated for your obvious depression

23 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Nope

Forky means well. He probably undergoes treatment for the entire cold season starting, for him, on October 29th, which is National Cat Day. As always ....

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

it's because of that wind.....why can't climate change get rid of these weird late season cold outbreaks that serve no useful purpose?

what about the late season cold spells before climate change?...there were many more than now...

38 minutes ago, uncle W said:

what about the late season cold spells before climate change?...there were many more than now...

yeah unfortunately, although I dont remember this many in the 90s or the 00s.....we did have the odd super cool and rainy spring and summer following the Pinatubo eruption though.  We're just getting all kinds of crazy extremes much more now and my nose isn't happy.

I put my heat at 80 today and it all went away.

59 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

yeah unfortunately, although I dont remember this many in the 90s or the 00s.....we did have the odd super cool and rainy spring and summer following the Pinatubo eruption though.  We're just getting all kinds of crazy extremes much more now and my nose isn't happy.

I put my heat at 80 today and it all went away.

the new 30 year April average temperature is 53.3...1991-2020...as of today NYC is averaging 53.1 for April...I think the ends up a little above the average...

1991-2000.....52.9

2001-2010.....53.6

2011-2020.....53.5

4/1-22/21......53.1

• Like 1

15 hours ago, uncle W said:

the new 30 year April average temperature is 53.3...1991-2020...as of today NYC is averaging 53.1 for April...I think the ends up a little above the average...

1991-2000.....52.9

2001-2010.....53.6

2011-2020.....53.5

4/1-22/21......53.1

in  the 90s and 00s, we had a lot more of those amazing nice and warm April days (1990, 1991, 2002, 2010 especially)

15 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

in  the 90s and 00s, we had a lot more of those amazing nice and warm April days (1990, 1991, 2002, 2010 especially)

1962 was the first April I experienced 90 degrees in April...May 1962 has the warmest temperature with 99 on the 19th...I has baseball practice that day...that year was hot until the second half of July when a switch was turned on for colder than normal that lasted thru the fall and winter...in May of 1969 I played softball for a team in the broadway show league as a ringer...We played CBS news with Jim Jensen pitching and I got two hits off him...It was 97 that day and as I was rounding the bases after hitting a bad hop homer he said conserve your energy...at 20 years old I had energy to spare...Now I have very little...

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, uncle W said:

1962 was the first April I experienced 90 degrees in April...May 1962 has the warmest temperature with 99 on the 19th...I has baseball practice that day...that year was hot until the second half of July when a switch was turned on for colder than normal that lasted thru the fall and winter...in May of 1969 I played softball for a team in the broadway show league as a ringer...We played CBS news with Jim Jensen pitching and I got two hits off him...It was 97 that day and as I was rounding the bases after hitting a bad hop homer he said conserve your energy...at 20 years old I had energy to spare...Now I have very little...

that sounds like an amazing time (50s and 60s), I noticed there were quite a few 100s back then in June, too, something we haven't seen since.

NYC had three great baseball teams until the late 50s.....

31 minutes ago, Will - Rutgers said:

i am not sure why anyone bothers talking about any baseball teams aside from the Baltimore Orioles, who, i will remind all of you, are America's greatest team

I used to think they were baseball's oldest franchise, but then I found out there have been several different Baltimore Orioles franchises (in both leagues!)  Is this the only name that keeps getting recycled?  I wonder why?

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

I used to think they were baseball's oldest franchise, but then I found out there have been several different Baltimore Orioles franchises (in both leagues!)  Is this the only name that keeps getting recycled?  I wonder why?

easy question my man; because it's America's greatest team name.  what the hell is an oriole?  no one has ever actually seen one, they don't actually exist.  fake bird, fake news, great team.

America's greatest team, America's greatest name, playing in America's pretty goodest city, Baltimore.  it's frankly disgusting that anyone anywhere follows any team besides the Baltimore Orioles.  i mean, the Mets?  what kind of person follows the Mets?  it's sick.  someone should do something.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Will - Rutgers said:

i am not sure why anyone bothers talking about any baseball teams aside from the Baltimore Orioles, who, i will remind all of you, are America's greatest team

Baltimore had some great teams in the 60's and 70's...they blew two 3 games to one leads in 1971 and 1979...1966 was their greatest year beating the Dodgers who I hated for leaving Brooklyn...I became a Yankee fan after that when I was eight years old...1964 still hurts...the Yankees were in the world series 14 of 16 years from 1949 to 1964...I was born in 1949 so you expected the Yankees to be in the world series...the Yankees were bad starting in 1965...but the Jets got Joe namath so it wasn't a total loss...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Will - Rutgers said:

easy question my man; because it's America's greatest team name.  what the hell is an oriole?  no one has ever actually seen one, they don't actually exist.  fake bird, fake news, great team.

America's greatest team, America's greatest name, playing in America's pretty goodest city, Baltimore.  it's frankly disgusting that anyone anywhere follows any team besides the Baltimore Orioles.  i mean, the Mets?  what kind of person follows the Mets?  it's sick.  someone should do something.

Good evening Will. I see you as a motivator that doesn’t just stir the pot but vaporizes it. As far as the Oriole question...... if Forky fails to respond I’ll be disappointed. As always ....

5 hours ago, uncle W said:

Baltimore had some great teams in the 60's and 70's...they blew two 3 games to one leads in 1971 and 1979...1966 was their greatest year beating the Dodgers who I hated for leaving Brooklyn...I became a Yankee fan after that when I was eight years old...1964 still hurts...the Yankees were in the world series 14 of 16 years from 1949 to 1964...I was born in 1949 so you expected the Yankees to be in the world series...the Yankees were bad starting in 1965...but the Jets got Joe namath so it wasn't a total loss...

They broke my heart 10 year old heat also, Unc, To think minus the Queens political organization pushing for flushing meadows, the Bums could have been playing in a Dodger stadium where Barclays or Ikea is located, today. As always ...

5 minutes ago, rclab said:

They broke my 10 year old heat also, Unc, To think minus the Queens political organization pushing for flushing meadows, the Bums could have been playing in a Dodger stadium where Barclays or Ikea is located, today. As always ...

I couldn't understand why my family hated the Yankees...loosing 6 of seven world series to the Yankees can do that...good thing I was to young to understand that because I still hate Dallas for beating the Giants in the runner up bowl in 1965...back then you could be a fan of both NY teams because they did not play each other...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, uncle W said:

It sure did. The winter of 69/70 was a whopper in New England. That's the year they were skiing on Mt Washington straight through the summer.

2 hours ago, rclab said:

Good evening Will. I see you as a motivator that doesn’t just stir the pot but vaporizes it. As far as the Oriole question...... if Forky fails to respond I’ll be disappointed. As always ....

thank you my friend, i pride myself on saying the dumbest things possible and then letting my opposition punch themselves out.  good luck beating up a dummy, they win every time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Rjay unpinned this topic