Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Spring Banter 2021

Stormlover74

9 hours ago, rclab said:

Good afternoon all. S19 just posted in the Mid Atlantic forum, as a reply to Storm Chaser Chuck, that the current trends could lead to a DC to Bos snowstorm with Blizzard conditions. Could it be a possible vaccine side effect? As always ....

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, LibertyBell said:

Yeah, just to be clear, which S19 are we talking about lol....snowman19?

Good morning, Liberty. Yes, I was surprised to see the posting. His response, I believe, was a more fun, tongue and cheek although it was written as a serious reply.  I never checked back to see any reaction. The folks in the Mid Atlantic forum are generally warm , welcoming and have well placed senses of humor. Of course considering the state of my senses I may have gotten the S19 mixed up with another but I don’t think so. As always ...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, donsutherland1 said:

I don’t think anyone will be surprised by December having the biggest CONUS monthly temperature increase. Looks like September will follow in 2nd place. The few areas of cooling wound up near the Plains.  Matches the pattern of where the most impressive Arctic outbreaks have occurred like we saw in February.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, gravitylover said:

I think you'll be better off spending similar time in the car but going to the Berkshires instead.

7 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

Agree, plus I think they might get more snow, as well.

Ooookaaay. Classic Lower Hudson Valley folk trying to keep city folk away to gatekeep the Catskills. :rolleyes:

• Haha 3

On 4/13/2021 at 1:28 PM, Nibor said:

I bought snowshoes on sale 2 weeks ago with the intent of using them next winter. Might get a chance to use them this weekend in the Catskills. 

What kind of snowshoes did you buy?  Snowshoes and spikes have been the new toilet paper this winter.  I go through more of them than most people because of my business and its been a PIA.

1 hour ago, NorthShoreWx said:

What kind of snowshoes did you buy?  Snowshoes and spikes have been the new toilet paper this winter.  I go through more of them than most people because of my business and its been a PIA.

MSR Evos. Most winter hiking I've done I've been able to get away with spikes. I've been itching to do a multi day backpacking trip in deep snow which is why I picked them up.

Hiking gear in general has been hard to come by during the Pandemic... now that hiking is everyone's "personality" on social media.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cfa said:

Everyone seems to be having a terrible allergy season but I’m not, and I’ve always suffered tremendously from seasonal allergies. I’ve been sneezing more than normal but that’s about it. I think my immune system quit.

My allergies are bothering me a bit more today (windy days make it worse), but nothing terrible. My allergies are always at their worst when the tree pollen first comes out in mid to late March, and then it calms down for April. I guess it's an initial major overreaction to the pollen by my immune system, but then it adjusts and the allergies aren't quite as bad. Every year in mid-late March I have one night where I'm up all night because the allergies are so incredibly bad. There's some kind of tree pollen here that seems to come out all at once and hits me like a ton of bricks for one night as my immune system goes nuts with the reaction. This year it was a little bit later than usual on the 28th. Maybe it was a little delayed because we had a cold February, but I was up all night with the constant sneezing and runny nose. Not even one hour of sleep. Thankfully that happens for only 1 night and then it calms down a little. Now for April and May my allergies are moderate with more sneezing and congestion than usual, but nothing too bad.

• Rjay unpinned this topic