Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Spring Banter 2021

Stormlover74

15 hours ago, Brian5671 said:

I've had some-hearing it's mold spores right now...blowing around with all the wind

will an air purifier get rid of this stuff?

I almost gave myself a concussion with all the sneezing yesterday

When should we start spraying bug barrier so the creepy crawlies and creepy fliers dont come inside?

12 hours ago, MJO812 said:

Spring is boring 

Good morning Anthony. We could request Coastal Wx, of the New England forum, to arrange to have his heavy hitters perform a u tube recreation of the Broadway show Carousels rendition of ‘June is busting out all over’. Now that would make Spring a lot more interesting for many of our sub forums as well as ease our mourning for winter. As always ....

3 minutes ago, coastalplainsnowman said:

I love early Spring afternoons on the south shore of LI.  By 'love', I mean 'hate.'

image.png.a7c6add6fc13c801535f6387baed8c4b.png

The sea breeze made it here and we’re in the low 60s now but was over 70 earlier. At the same time Captree was at 50. So that map was even more crazy a couple hours ago. It can be brutal on the immediate shore this time of year and gets even worse when the Ambrose Jet gets going in the afternoon and the awfulness is gusting over 25-30 mph. 

• Like 1

Sorry in advance for the spam guys. 

im sure some have seen the news about the spring valley firefighter who made the ultimate sacrifice this past week after saving numerous lives at a nursing home fire here in Rockland. Jared was a friend, and he leaves behind 2 young boys. If anyone can spare a dollar or two, it would be incredibly appreciated.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/firefighter-jared-lloyd-fundraiser?fbclid=IwAR0Jrew4y3Wxua_91B0vPg-GaYpm-1Jzi-bfhVlUqGknBT5oJDmYqolJL2I

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

im sure some have seen the news about the spring valley firefighter who made the ultimate sacrifice this past week after saving numerous lives at a nursing home fire here in Rockland. Jared was a friend, and he leaves behind 2 young boys. If anyone can spare a dollar or two, it would be incredibly appreciates. 

https://www.gofundme.com/f/firefighter-jared-lloyd-fundraiser?fbclid=IwAR0Jrew4y3Wxua_91B0vPg-GaYpm-1Jzi-bfhVlUqGknBT5oJDmYqolJL2I

Tragic story, as a father to two kids (5 y/o & almost 3 y/o) myself it hit home.  I donated $100 anonymously on Wednesday. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, BxEngine said:

im sure some have seen the news about the spring valley firefighter who made the ultimate sacrifice this past week after saving numerous lives at a nursing home fire here in Rockland. Jared was a friend, and he leaves behind 2 young boys. If anyone can spare a dollar or two, it would be incredibly appreciated.

The best always leave us way too soon :(

23 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Oh look, another Wind Advisory...is it my imagination or are we getting more wind events these days than previously?

Good morning Irish. It’s a pity the atmosphere can’t be five posted. As always .....

5 hours ago, LibertyBell said:

The best always leave us way too soon :(

The alert bell for the Columbian Engine company tolls one last time. Thank you, fire fighter Jared Lloyd. As always ...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

1997. Huge hit for New England. Temps were just too warm for the city and the island with lots of white rain and a few inches of slush

same here.   Eastern and Northeastern CT got crushed...I remember heavy rain all day and knew it was toast when we were wasting that much on rain....got 3 slushy inches overnight as the storm pulled away mainly on grass/cars

• Rjay unpinned this topic