• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2021

Seems like this is going to be a summer with a nearly constant western ridge/eastern trough pattern. I just looped the GFS, and nothing really changes from now until the end of the run, and by then we are in July. I'm already beyond sick of it and want the summers of my youth back, when it was almost always 85+ from late May through early September.

On a current note, I got 0.44" in an overnight (according to my wife) downpour with some lightning and distant thunder. I slept right through it...

1 hour ago, mahantango#1 said:

I see the Storm Prediction Center upgraded a lot of Pa  to slight risk. 85 with a dp of 71 here with filtered sun.

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

It sure is soupy out. Environment seems ripe for something to happen later...time will tell. 

I'm at 84/69 here. 

I'm at Knoebels today for my wife's company picnic, so I hope it holds off until after 6-8 tonight...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Back in Tamaqua. Poured in Elysburg, but here...the (in)famous Tamaqua Split reared it's ugly head again...

Noticed most of the more significant cells are north of Harrisburg moving east. Down this way the coverage is a bit better but the rain is generally light. .08" here over the past 2 hours.

17 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Noticed most of the more significant cells are north of Harrisburg moving east. Down this way the coverage is a bit better but the rain is generally light. .08" here over the past 2 hours.

0.00" here. It's unbelievable. That was a fairly impressive rain shield moving in earlier...

12 hours ago, TimB84 said:

GFS is Exhibit A when it comes to illustrating the practical limits on how far out you can realistically model/forecast. Of course, now we have the GEFS ensemble that goes to 840 hours instead of 384. Wonder what the accuracy of that thing is at day 35.

Lol…Just look how terrible the NAM is even under 24 hours out!