• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2021

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Saw a Knicks game at MSG back in 2014. Had been on my bucket list for years to see a game at the Garden. Great experience...can only imagine what it was like during the glory years. 

It sounded incredible just this year with DRose back to playing top level ball.  They have lots of cap space so NY could be back for quite some time. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yep, and I may have been off by a day with the coldest.  Wed Am not Thur.  40's in MD over here and down into Georgia on your side of the Mountains (in the Mnts) 

But feast or famine on the precip. It has me getting 5+ by Tuesday. Less than an inch out your way.

5 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

But feast or famine on the precip. It has me getting 5+ by Tuesday. Less than an inch out your way.

Its a bit more than that.  About 2" here over the next 7 days.    You sure you have the 12Z Map?  With that said I on the far western edge of the LSV and eastern LSV is closer to 1".  Opps, I just noticed you said by Tuesday.  Some of this below is Tuesday itself. 

image.png.d71c88f003fcae5ede3cc023c736ec3a.png

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Its a bit more than that.  About 2" here over the next 7 days.    You sure you have the 12Z Map?  With that said I on the far western edge of the LSV and eastern LSV is closer to 1"

image.png.d71c88f003fcae5ede3cc023c736ec3a.png

You’re right, I was only at 15z Tuesday before the front clears.

15 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Looks like it wants to run some serious heat up the eastern seaboard in the entertainment purposes portion of the run, but even that looks to be more bearable and transient inland before it gets snuffed out by another cold front.

Yep, GFS is more of the same.  Some really great temp days (some due to rain so not as nice as today) and some moderately warm with a couple late days in the 90's at the end.  No long term heat wave signals at all.  500MB near the end of the run is not cold but not hot either. 

36 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Looks like it wants to run some serious heat up the eastern seaboard in the entertainment purposes portion of the run, but even that looks to be more bearable and transient inland before it gets snuffed out by another cold front.

Kind of dry over this way after Tuesday.   Big question now, does the Euro get on the GFS/6Z CMC rain train for this weekend.   12Z CMC was drier. 

16 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Euro is definitely a more rainy day here on Sat....no where near the amounts out in Western PA vs. the GFS.  There is @pawatch 90 for Monday.

Euro doing Euro things. Slower frontal passage Tuesday. (But 91 to 64 in 24 hours in my neck of the woods.)

32 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The 0Z Euro only missed the mark here by 13 degrees this AM.  Does it get a participation trophy?

If the Euro is still truly the king of models, exhibit A of why I refuse to model hug. (in the winter) Perfect recipe for a whole lot of disappointment. They are a tool, nothing more or less. 

End rant. :) 

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

If the Euro is still truly the king of models, exhibit A of why I refuse to model hug. (in the winter) Perfect recipe for a whole lot of disappointment. They are a tool, nothing more or less. 

End rant. :) 

I still continued to watch the Steelers the last few games of the season even after it became obvious how it would end, so disappointment doesn’t faze me.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Saw that stat, just an unbelievable display of ineptitude all the way around.

No leader on the floor. 

Atlanta was down big, you could see it...feel it...they were unfazed. You could sense that they honestly thought they would come back. I don't like Trae Young, but man, he has been so clutch down the stretch so many times in the postseason already. 

Once they got the lead under double digits...you could see it...feel it...the Sixers were defeated. When it got to 104-96 Philly, I "knew" the game was over. You could sense it. Embiid disappeared when we needed him most. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

You guys know how I feel today?

Imagine us all going to bed at 11pm on a winter's night with the promise of 2' of snow coming the next day. Then waking up to Partly Sunny and nothing at all.

It's a sucker punch and I'm pissed. :weep:

Moving on to better things...

It's funny how sports teams seem to mess up our lives more often than not.  I have had to pull back and not watch some times. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

You guys know how I feel today?

Imagine us all going to bed at 11pm on a winter's night with the promise of 2' of snow coming the next day. Then waking up to Partly Sunny and nothing at all.

It's a sucker punch and I'm pissed. :weep:

Moving on to better things...

This is exactly how I feel!

What a miserable 4th quarter! It was a demoralizing loss. Unbelievable….!

It is not over yet, but I don’t feel good about game 6 tomorrow night.