• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2021

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

EC is cold considering it is the EC after the front passage next week.  Portends to more 40's possible.    Both EC and GFS are way too dry (LSV, not W PA)  for my liking through 240. 

GFS at least brings a solid inch to most of PA with that front. Euro looks bone dry for some areas.

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I am just not feeling comfortable with just an inch forecast over 240 hours.  That is bare minimum this time of the year. 

Yeah, you guys are doing much worse with precip than we are this month and we’re a hair below average (well officially anyway, some of us out here got a lot of rain in that pop up storm regime). 1” per 10 days will just exacerbate that.

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

It depends on who is watching.  If Voyager makes the call we may pay :-).   But in our defense we just hoped for cold/cool weather without belittling anyone in the process.   

I'm watching... :ph34r:

I need to move back to AZ asap.

5 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Climo says southeast of i95 favored for remnants.  H5 mostly agrees but one thing I do like is the 2nd reinforcing trough is dropping in behind  west northwest of our energy instead of on top.  If timing is decent it could help pull it further north . Intensity/ speed / trough interaction crucial but still time for changes .

I’ve been paying attention down here (to see if the wedding will be in a TS) but haven’t looked at any steering conditions after Saturday night. Thanks.  . 

8 hours ago, TimB84 said:

Incredibly, the high of 56 was the first day of 3 in a row in 1972 that didn’t get above 56. The 39 (1992) is the latest 30s on record in Pittsburgh by 11 days and followed a high of 54 the day before.

Fun fact about the run of record low maxes in 1972. That actually occurred during Hurricane Agnes as the tropical system was absorbed by an anomalous trough and associated mid-latitude system over PA. That whole mess sat and spun over us for days, leading of course to all the insane rain totals and flooding. With the historic flooding obviously being the most memorable aspect,  it's not often mentioned how chilly it actually was during most of that event in central PA. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, MAG5035 said:

Fun fact about the run of record low maxes in 1972. That actually occurred during Hurricane Agnes as the tropical system was absorbed by an anomalous trough and associated mid-latitude system over PA. That whole mess sat and spun over us for days, leading of course to all the insane rain totals and flooding. With the historic flooding obviously being the most memorable aspect,  it's not often mentioned how chilly it actually was during most of that event in central PA. 

There's a lot of video out there of the PA flooding during Agnes...and in a lot of the video, people are wearing jackets. (I was 7 at the time and don't remember that level of specifics without seeing the video years later) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pawatch said:

46 degrees here this morning. Yesterday was sure a nice day.

Looks like we hit 90 this weekend and Monday.

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

46 this Am. 

24 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

45 here for the low.

50.6 (51) here for my low. Feeling left out of the 40s club. :(  

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

There's a lot of video out there of the PA flooding during Agnes...and in a lot of the video, people are wearing jackets. (I was 7 at the time and don't remember that level of specifics without seeing the video years later) 

I remember. every man and boy in our town (and some women) was helping the fireman with pumping basement and what not. I don't remember specifics on temps, but i do remember wearing coats and our green snow boots to keep our feet dry. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

image.png.707cbc353825253108119737a586b5ab.png

Thing is, there will be heat and there will be humidity this summer. But the longer we can have this pattern keep coming back, the less we have to endure. After the time of this map, there are less than 10 weeks of met summer left.

2 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Thing is, there will be heat and there will be humidity this summer. But the longer we can have this pattern keep coming back, the less we have to endure. After the time of this map, there are less than 10 weeks of met summer left.

Yep, but I hesitate saying it as to avoid irritating those who want heat (seriously).  But the chances of a wall to wall above average summer are indeed gone.  

On another subject and 90's this weekend, the reason other models do not approach those totals, as of now, are the clouds and rain (especially the CMC) they portray.  So have hopes for a bit of wet over this weekend.  You look golden either way. 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yep, but I hesitate saying it as to avoid irritating those who want heat (seriously).  But the chances of a wall to wall above average summer are indeed gone.  

On another subject and 90's this weekend, the reason other models do not approach those totals, as of now, are the clouds and rain (especially the CMC) they portray.  So have hopes for a bit of wet over this weekend.  You look golden either way. 

On the first point, June will still very likely clock in above average for both me and yinz, so there’s been plenty for the warm weather lovers to enjoy already and there will almost certainly be much more. I just like when it’s interspersed with absolutely sublime days like yesterday that are a non-rain induced 72/36 in the “heat” of the day and then drop into the 40s or even low/mid 50s at night.

We’ll all get our rain at some point, I have faith in that. Pattern isn’t ideal but models outside of the GFS don’t look terrible. Might come with more severe here tomorrow, third time this week I’m in a slight risk and the last two verified (western PBZ counties in Ohio are actually in a D2 enhanced risk, so we’ll see if that expands east), but timing might allow you guys to avoid the really nasty weather (or miss out on it, depending on perspective). 

Yea, I should have stated much above and I was thinking wall to wall to mean every day.  MDT probably does cruise on into July being 1-3 degrees above normal for June.  Anything less than 5 is not too bad for me.  Yesterday and today are indeed perfectly nice days.

On our side, the rain has been much better this year than last so not complaining.  Just like to see it every few days.