• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2021

23 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Yes it has an obscene high elevation desolate arid inversion microclimate. Not really fair to be comparing it to most “normal” locations haha. 

Let’s petition the NWS to keep these records on the books, but also have an accounting of state and national records that only include populated places. :lol:

No Peter Sinks, Rogers Pass, summit of Mauna Kea, Mt. Washington, Furnace Creek or any of that other garbage to contend with.

We’ll let Smethport keep its low temperature and daily rainfall records, assuming people actually do live there, which I have yet to confirm. I’ve never met anyone from there, have you?

50 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Let’s petition the NWS to keep these records on the books, but also have an accounting of state and national records that only include populated places. :lol:

No Peter Sinks, Rogers Pass, summit of Mauna Kea, Mt. Washington, Furnace Creek or any of that other garbage to contend with.

We’ll let Smethport keep its low temperature and daily rainfall records, assuming people actually do live there, which I have yet to confirm. I’ve never met anyone from there, have you?

I love where your head’s at! But don’t you dare denigrate the county seat of McKean County like that, ‘tis the booming metropolis of the Route 6 corridor haha. 

25 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I love where your head’s at! But don’t you dare denigrate the county seat of McKean County like that, ‘tis the booming metropolis of the Route 6 corridor haha. 

Haha never, my wife is from the Route 6 corridor. Smethport can keep their records, I’m just jealous that I don’t get to see -42 (but probably glad I’ve never seen 3 feet of rain in a day).

16 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Well during the lull I guess anything can be interesting.  HRRR says MDT just misses 40's tonight.  Will be a slam dunk for colder locations though.  I expect 45-47ish here.    It is still only 61 right now here with full sun at 9:30. 

You're in the chill zone, already at 70 here now. 

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Was worried that lack of 12Z GFS chatter meant the heat was trying to slip back in but then saw this mid day super front passage FTW.  More firewood.   Take that Astro Summer. 

Yes indeed, that frontal passage is a gem.

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, I checked that first.  Mid night around 70 then mid morning temps in the mid 70's before the heat is cracker jacked. 

Neither my record low max of 56 or record low of 39 are within reach that day. Oh well, it was worth a look.

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Those are some cold June 22nd records. 

Incredibly, the high of 56 was the first day of 3 in a row in 1972 that didn’t get above 56. The 39 (1992) is the latest 30s on record in Pittsburgh by 11 days and followed a high of 54 the day before.

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

It depends on who is watching.  If Voyager makes the call we may pay :-).   But in our defense we just hoped for cold/cool weather without belittling anyone in the process.   

Wouldn’t be surprised if we pay for this long before October. There’s a lot of heat out there if it ever gets a chance to come east.