• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2021

7 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Yes, we have had moderate rain in Marysville the last few hours. Also had steady showers in the late afternoon & earlier this evening.

Yes we were over near you around 5 and you guys were getting a nice shower we weren't. If I knew your address I would’ve been yelling at your front door!

9 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

This was mentioned earlier this week but sort of amazing our forum has gone to "Hot status" pretty much every day this week coinciding with mid June GFS runs.  LOL.  

It’s great that a lot of posters have been participating this Spring and Summer. Usually I hibernate on here during this time of year, but it has been fun to stick around this year!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

My brother lives in Orwigsburg between Pottsville and Hamburg, and they got pounded by rain on Thursday. Many flooded houses and substantial damage reported.

Yeah, I heard it was bad over that way. I saw some of the effects (a muddy road from farm field flow-off) on PA895 west of New Ringgold heading toward PA61 yesterday morning. I didn't get one drop of rain from that, or any other storm, that afternoon/evening.

3 hours ago, Voyager said:

Yeah, I heard it was bad over that way. I saw some of the effects (a muddy road from farm field flow-off) on PA895 west of New Ringgold heading toward PA61 yesterday morning. I didn't get one drop of rain from that, or any other storm, that afternoon/evening.

You really do live in quite the rain/snow shadow there!

4 hours ago, Jns2183 said:

1889-2020
131 years
It Hit 100 31 years (4.22 years avg)
57 times
1988-4
1991-5
1999-6

6 times since 2000 in 5 years

This right here, this is gold, great stuff JNS!  So, I was thinking about my post from yesterday about Harrisburg only topping out in the 50s once in its history for the months of July and August, and that means that out of 8,184 possible days (POR July 1, 1888 through present day) only once has it failed to reach 60 degrees at Harrisburg in July/August, that being a max of 59 on August 26, 1940.  Pretty remarkable.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Hottest I ever was when I was at a Orioles tryout held at Shepherdstown, WV in July  1995 . It hit 105 and I pitched 2 innings for the scouts . I thought my head would explode . It was hell on earth . 

Hottest for me was 128 at Bullhead City, AZ back in the late 90's when I lived in Phoenix.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Hottest for me was 128 at Bullhead City, AZ back in the late 90's when I lived in Phoenix.

I think the 128 is the hottest temperature ever recorded in AZ. (Though it has an outside chance of being matched this week.)

I catered a wedding at the base of a mountain, surrounded by corn fields, it was 104 with a HI of 122, and not a lick of wind. Out of 5, I literal had to carry 2 into Er with heat stoke, other 2 had heat exhaustion pretty bad. My trick, I went to patient first saying I was dehydrated and got 3 bags of saline right before the event. They all thought I was joking when I said I was going to do that because I know how easy I sweat. During the event I had 50 flexible ice packs in a color and basically rigged a vest out of straps and changed up the ice packs every 15-20 mins. I remember dumping an ice bath on my head and within minutes all the wet was warm/hot. I clicked 27,450 steps that day. Drank over 200oz in addition to 3 saline IV bags and weight in at nights end 6 lbs less than morning. I had horrible cramps that night. I was paid very very well for that event as in thousands of dollars for 10 hours work but in hindsight The Who thing was just pure stupidity

• Like 1

For me and helping someone move over in Abe, yesterday was a blessing as to the weather.  You guys are talking heat and I now have a life long moving story of it staying in the 60's in the middle of June being a saving grace.  Heat wise I lived in Panama for several years and nothing, even in Florida, can match that as to the oppression.  During Rainy season it was as bad as it can get.  But since it was close to two oceans it never really did get higher than 95. 

10 hours ago, TimB84 said:

I think the 128 is the hottest temperature ever recorded in AZ. (Though it has an outside chance of being matched this week.)

I believe it is.

9 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Nice!! But that was dry heat :lol:

Aliens reference lol 

It was, but I used to deliver new tires to distributors and tire and auto shops at that time, and I did the unloading. Let me tell you, it was brutal in that trailer...

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

Gfs showing mid 40s in the colder spots for Wed and Thurs morning.  Pretty refreshing stuff . Summer time bonus temps  in my book.

Rooting for an ol fashioned boomer this evening. :lightning:

My point and click forecast...

Wednesday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 49.

2 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Gfs showing mid 40s in the colder spots for Wed and Thurs morning.  Pretty refreshing stuff . Summer time bonus temps  in my book.

Rooting for an ol fashioned boomer this evening. :lightning:

Yea, let's get some rain today then go into a week of low humidity, Open windows at night, and electric bill savings.

32 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

How are we looking today?

Looks like a luck of the draw type day to me but as someone (Canderson?) said the models more favor the S/W LSV though the HRR has a large area of convection come through further east over night.   It is so humid I think every area gets some rain near it by this afternoon. 

I'm not betting on anything severe though. We have the usual lead gray, solid overcast here this morning. Seems like any time we have strong to severe potential we battle with overcast and cool (68 degree) weather.

If it weren't for green vegetation, it would look like a snow day... :unsure: