• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2021

11 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

The models always surprise me, but I think the truly unseasonable cold next week might be dead. That said, a long, cool period with mostly low humidity is pretty ideal whether it comes with extreme anomalous cold for a day or not.

It's rain induced but you never break 70 next weekend if I saw right when scanning by.  Only one day out of the next 10 above 80 at MDT for that long, cool period. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

@Cashtown_Coop, been a pretty stead strat like ran all morning over here...looks like you had similar for a period.  We are over 2" now since it started yesterday.

Yes life is good in the golf world.   Scored over 1” so far at Adams course and York course had over 1” 2 days ago and additional rain today.  With the low dew points forecast, that takes away a lot of the disease pressure which is equally as challenging to battle 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It's rain induced but you never break 70 next weekend if I saw right when scanning by.  Only one day out of the next 10 above 80 at MDT for that long, cool period. 

And it’s one of those runs where the cold keeps coming back. The “for entertainment purposes only” portion of the run looks cooler this time, a far cry from the Excessive Heat Warning look it had on the 6z.

1 minute ago, TimB84 said:

And it’s one of those runs where the cold keeps coming back. The “for entertainment purposes only” portion of the run looks cooler this time, a far cry from the Excessive Heat Warning look it had on the 6z.

Yea, the GFS might make some over eager coldmeisters proclaim they are punting excessive summer heat until July.  

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, the GFS might make some over eager coldmeisters proclaim they are punting excessive summer heat until July.  

I just don’t think that’s going to be the case this summer. I see the heat in other parts of the country eventually getting blasted east.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

@Mount Joy Snowman, the radar estimated chart shows some areas of Lanco surp5ssing 6" in the last 72 hours if my screen is interpreting the colors correctly.   Near Gap. 

Yeah the eastern part of the county and in particular over into central Chester County really got in on the action, whereas I was sitting at a whopping .15" for the entire week coming into today.  Now, we've had a steady rain going all morning here so I'll have give the cylinder a check here soon but for the most part I've missed out on all the good thunderstorm activity.  You guys are really getting it good here the last day or two, as I suspected you would.

2 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

I just don’t think that’s going to be the case this summer. I see the heat in other parts of the country eventually getting blasted east.

Agreed but it truly may stay pleasant most days for 2 or more weeks out. At least compared to last weekend.   If you scan through the 500MB anomaly maps it is a blue for the most part until the last few days of June.  Just a model forecast but no "signals" for high DP's or Temps in there.  

1 minute ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Yeah the eastern part of the county and in particular over into central Chester County really got in on the action, whereas I was sitting at a whopping .15" for the entire week coming into today.  Now, we've had a steady rain going all morning here so I'll have give the cylinder a check here soon but for the most part I've missed out on all the good thunderstorm activity.  You guys are really getting it good here the last day or two, as I suspected you would.

We really needed it....not just the precip but two days with mostly cloudy skies and on and off rain.  The almost 1" in 30 min yesterday was a bit too much at once.

We have received more in the past two days than most of the entirety of May and June combined last year.   One of the locations getting excessive rain can probably say that and it not be a big deal but we are just a bit over 2" and it still beats most May and June combined from last year. 

It's so bright out it looks like a sunny day almost. Weird stuff. 

I'm getting like .01" every other hour. Up to about .07" since midnight, and doubt I hit more than a tenth. Kind of a bummer I've mssed the train the past three days, but glad that Tuesday cell hit me.

Sunday night looks like it could bring some moisture. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, canderson said:

It's so bright out it looks like a sunny day almost. Weird stuff. 

I'm getting like .01" every other hour. Up to about .07" since midnight, and doubt I hit more than a tenth. Kind of a bummer I've mssed the train the past three days, but glad that Tuesday cell hit me.

Sunday night looks like it could bring some moisture. 

Sunday looks to be substantial for the lucky pop up cell winners. 

2 hours ago, TimB84 said:

Well Euro was a tad warmer (which was almost a guarantee) but still confirms we are probably in for a great week temp/real feel wise.   Only one day where the DP was above or near 60 at 18Z over the next 10 days.  

• Like 1