Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2021

21 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Yes please 

You can join me in waving at the copious amounts of rain as it passes us by and goes over Shrewsbury again.    There used to be a hobby store in the Stewartstown/Shrewsbury area that I sold stuff to and always thought "This place is really isolated" but did not realize they were the Amazon rain forecast of York county.  LOL.    Your 2021 QPF total is off right (on your signature)?   Things have been lean the last 30 days but not too bad before that.  LOL

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

You can join me in waving at the copious amounts of rain as it passes us by and goes over Shrewsbury again.    There used to be a hobby store in the Stewartstown/Shrewsbury area that I sold stuff to and always thought "This place is really isolated" but did not realize they were the Amazon rain forecast of York county.  LOL.    Your 2021 QPF total is off right (on your signature)?   Things have been lean the last 30 days but not too bad before that.  LOL

I haven’t updating that in a while.  I use my phone most of the time and the signature doesn’t show up so I don’t think about it.  York course scored again with at least 1”.   

1 minute ago, canderson said:

FWIW CTP is 30% chance showers today but 60% rain Friday. We’ll see! 

They have us in the now famous 60% chance today.  No word whether the Met is 100% confident of 60% of this area seeing rain or 60% confident of 100% of the area seeing rain.   In your hood they could be 85% sure of 35% of the area seeing rain then rounding up. 

Their AFD comes right out and says tomorrow will be cloudy and rainy all day.   But you are right, we shall see.  

17 hours ago, dj3 said:

Can anyone familiar with the State College area offer advice on a good brewery to check out? Playing golf at Mountain View with the in-laws tomorrow and looking to try some beer while in the area before heading back. Thanks!

Otto's out on the west end of Atherton St. is a great spot.  Happy Valley Brewing is a hotspot and much closer to Mountain View but I believe they had a fire recently?? Not sure of their status.  Liberty Crafthouse downtown is a trendy little spot.  Oh, I also like American Ale House up in the woods in Toftrees, cool spot.  Good luck!

Edit: Just realized I used the word "spot" way too much.  I'll be better.