• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2021

1 minute ago, TimB84 said:

Remember, I thought it was too extreme with the appetizer for this event before our cold pattern came back and I was dead wrong.

The CMC has spanked other models, when it comes to temps, for months now so definitely not sure it is wrong but a week of 90's is extreme in early June.  I have to hope it away.  LOL. 

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The CMC has spanked other models, when it comes to temps, for months now so definitely not sure it is wrong but a week of 90's is extreme in early June.  I have to hope it away.  LOL. 

But it is June, so I can now turn on the A/C at any moment without a bit of judgment.

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

There should never be hesitation turning on the A/C when its in the 90's.   January or June.  Ha. 

We made sure to run it for a few hours on the last warm, humid day last week to make sure it works when we really need it.

• Like 1

We have run ours hundreds of hours already since March.  LOL.  It would be 80 in here without it. 

Highest it got in here was 79. I read an article once about someone in Phoenix that tried going a year without it and I guess it got as high as 104 in the house. There’s a big part of the reason the population out there has exploded in the last half century.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

But it is June, so I can now turn on the A/C at any moment without a bit of judgment.

This is wrong on so many levels I can't begin to go into detail, but anyone waiting until June to turn on the AC will be judged by me. A lot. :)  

13 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

There should never be hesitation turning on the A/C when its in the 60s.   January or June.  Ha. 

I made one small edit. :)  

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Oh, our upstairs is like the gates of hell. First floor master and no kids (yet) for the win.

That is one difference between me and some of you guys.  We have a long brick rancher with a finished basement so I am in the "upstairs" most of the time.  I do not have any protection between myself and roof except some attic space. 

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

I'm liking how there is a precip max of nearly 5" in eastern NC and another just offshore with the Outer Banks itself receiving significantly less. Interesting...

I have been noticing less precip down there but did not want to jinx you by saying anything.  You will definitely be cooler than us if the CMC is right again. 

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yes! The pressure is off, I fully expect a 14 game winning streak to follow. :) 

Not an O's fan, but y'all know my daughter is a Baseball nut. She's taking me Baltimore to June 21st game. A kid who graduated from Millersville with her plays for the Astros 

• Like 1

I have been noticing less precip down there but did not want to jinx you by saying anything.  You will definitely be cooler than us if the CMC is right again. 

Generally expecting highs in the mid 80s on the coastline next week. It will be humid as crap though. 

You know, I am a rule follower through and through but I'm always challenged to follow my morals on vacation. There's a notice in our house stating not to set the AC below 74 degrees...are you kidding me? 

Just now, sauss06 said:

Not an O's fan, but y'all know my daughter is a Baseball nut. She's taking me Baltimore to June 21st game. A kid who graduated from Millersville with her plays for the Astros 

THAT is really cool. Father and daughter going to a game together, and initiated by your daughter. That is awesome stuff right there, and I hope you have an amazing day together. 

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Generally expecting highs in the mid 80s on the coastline next week. It will be humid as crap though. 

You know, I am a rule follower through and through but I'm always challenged to follow my morals on vacation. There's a notice in our house stating not to set the AC below 74 degrees...are you kidding me? 

Yea, 74?  Really its not always the temps as well its the "conditioning of the air" unless one wants soggy papers all through the house.  

11 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

wow, 74? 

9 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

THAT is really cool. Father and daughter going to a game together, and initiated by your daughter. That is awesome stuff right there, and I hope you have an amazing day together. 

We're pretty close. She likes to shoot too, but ammo prices are crazy. I limit her now when we go for Sunday breakfast/shooting Sundays. She empties mags quicker then i drink beer :blink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I mean I’m sure it costs an arm and a leg to keep a house at 68 on the Outer Banks, but it’s not like these rental properties aren’t making a killing anyway.