• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2021

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

GFS stays with the record setting day temp wise tomorrow.  Says MDT does not make 50.  Not sure I believe that but I do think MDT sets another daily low max.  Also says MDT is on watch for a record low Monday AM.   About another 1/4" of rain across the board for LSV. 

Thinking tomorrow may be as cool as today if not a touch cooler, especially east of I-81 - reason being, it sure looks to me like tomorrow is going to be wetter than today. Wouldn't be at all surprised if tomorrow ends up quite rainy in eastern areas.

Rain is blossoming coming up out of MD/VA now. 

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Thinking tomorrow may be as cool as today if not a touch cooler, especially east of I-81 - reason being, it sure looks to me like tomorrow is going to be wetter than today. Wouldn't be at all surprised if tomorrow ends up quite rainy in eastern areas.

Rain is blossoming coming up out of MD/VA now. 

Yes, I actually think the GFS is underdone in qpf totals and you, Voyager, etc....are counting between 1/2 and 1" more.  Just an opinion.    But even over here I think it is wet all night and all day tomorrow.    Think tonight some areas see outright downpours. More general light/persistent rain tomorrow if it comes to happen. 

13 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yes, I actually think the GFS is underdone in qpf totals and you, Voyager, etc....are counting between 1/2 and 1" more.  Just an opinion.    But even over here I think it is wet all night and all day tomorrow.    Think tonight some areas see outright downpours. More general light/persistent rain tomorrow if it comes to happen. 

Rain has commenced and added a few hundreds of an inch already. Just as notable, temp has fallen from 50 to 48. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Rain has commenced and added a few hundreds of an inch already. Just as notable, temp has fallen from 50 to 48. 

More importantly, if the high of 52 at MDT holds, it will be the latest day on record with a high of 52 or lower. We hit 51 so far at PIT, which won’t set any of that sort of record, though it’s a daily record.

8 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

More importantly, if the high of 52 at MDT holds, it will be the latest day on record with a high of 52 or lower. We hit 51 so far at PIT, which won’t set any of that sort of record, though it’s a daily record.

Correct - historic "cold" for sure. Hard to believe we're experiencing temperatures typical of March on Memorial Day weekend. 

10 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

My high (so far) today was 49.6 so I suppose the "official" would be 50 since I believe the NWS rounds up or down accordingly.

2 minutes ago, Voyager said:

My high (so far) today was 49.6 so I suppose the "official" would be 50 since I believe the NWS rounds up or down accordingly.

You may hate the cold, but you’re witnessing history. :)

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Correct - historic "cold" for sure. Hard to believe we're experiencing temperatures typical of March on Memorial Day weekend. 

We would have had to top out at 44 at PIT to set that particular type of record, which was of course never in the cards, but I’m happy someone in my home state got to experience history. And the 51 at PIT is the coldest high temperature on this date or later since 1956.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TimB84 said:

You may hate the cold, but you’re witnessing history. :)

It's like a snowstorm. While I dislike the white stuff, I enjoy the tracking, and then want the highest total I can get if it's going to happen.

Same with this historic cold. I didn't want it, but once it became likely, then I want to break the record. The fact that it would be recorded as a 50 is a bummer, because a high in the 40's this late is quite rare.

38 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Not at all diminishing their info but our recent frequent 70's days in winter make stats like this a bit less impressive.  RE: in 2015 it was warmer every day between Dec 22 and 27 than it was today. The fact that we are experiencing the two coldest days (high temp)  immediately leading up to Memorial day, ever in record keeping, is the big news!  

13 minutes ago, canderson said:

I don’t like disagreeing with CTP but I really don’t see much precip at all hitting MDT. Maybe a tenth of an inch sometime in the mornings but it looks dry after like noon. 

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Looks like mdt has been light to mod rain for hours this evening per radar.  Not raining at your place? 

I haven't had a drop of rain in over 4 hours. Maybe we won't get much more after all. We'll see if tomorrow brings any surprises.

1 minute ago, canderson said:

Nope. No precip since early this morning, maybe drizzle I haven’t noticed but the sidewalk and roads are dry. 

I checked out wunderground and saw it was indeed east of you.  Sorry about that.  We have almost nothing on radar here but the drizzle is so hard to I hear water draining off the roof.  

Hopefully a drier forecast for tomorrow does not derail the second record breaker possibility. 

42 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Lol, that’s interesting with Freezing rain with well over freezing temps!

Maybe they had an office holiday celebration up there that got a little out of hand?

41 is the new 31 now...lol

Needless to say, I didn't have any power issues, nor did I have to salt the sidewalk or scrape the Jeep windows.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

RECORD EVENT REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE STATE COLLEGE PA
0822 AM EDT SUN MAY 30 2021

...RECORD DAILY COLDEST HIGH TEMPERATURE SET AT HARRISBURG PA...

A RECORD COLD HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 52 WAS SET AT HARRISBURG PA 
SATURDAY MAY 29. THIS BREAKS THE OLD DAILY RECORD OF 57 SET IN 1990.

Another record today let’s make it 2 straight! 

• Like 1