• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2021

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Thus is the weather game.  The stuff we "root for" hurts others including vacations and lives.  Its a tug and pull thing with me. 

With apologies to @Itstrainingtime, it would be easier for me to root for a weather pattern that would help me but cause his vacation to be rainy (not that I am, since my weather here doesn’t directly affect what goes on in the Outer Banks) than it is to root for something that would give me the cooler weather I want while displacing hundreds of thousands of people, including children, in one of the poorest countries of the world.

16 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

With apologies to @Itstrainingtime, it would be easier for me to root for a weather pattern that would help me but cause his vacation to be rainy (not that I am, since my weather here doesn’t directly affect what goes on in the Outer Banks) than it is to root for something that would give me the cooler weather I want while displacing hundreds of thousands of people, including children, in one of the poorest countries of the world.

Agreed.   I heard volcano and thought of that report I just read but did not think of the suffering... 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Agreed.   I heard volcano and thought of that report I just read but did not think of the suffering... 

With that being said, if it’s going to happen it’s going to happen whether we root for it or not.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, paweather said:

2” that is 2 feet sounds good.

Nam sort of saves tomorrow a bit in the LSV, as to steady rain, but just destroys the Jersey shore.   Inside pursuits will be the weekend thing down there.  Does not keep MDT in the 40's anymore (over the weekend).   Looks like it is punting Sunday in the LSV.   Euro is bad Monday in the LSV.  Hard to plan.  Was hoping to have a family outdoor thing Monday. 

• Like 1

With this latest batch of heavier rain moving through, temps have dropped 5 degrees from the upper 50's to the low 50's (53.4).  And with the 8 o'clock obs from MDT showing a temperature of 55 degrees I think it's now virtually a lock that they will break their record low maximum for tomorrow of 57 degrees.  The airport isn't expecting anything above 53 for tomorrow max.  Now we just have to wait until midnight/1:00am for the new day to begin and see what the temp is at that time.  I'm thinking they have a shot at 53 or even 52 degrees for the record low max tomorrow.  That really is amazing for May 29th.  The normal high temp for tomorrow is 77 and the normal low is 57.  We're looking at a 25-degree departure on the high temps for tomorrow.  The date with the normal high temp being 52 degrees is around March 15th!!!  So that really does mean that we are looking at late winter daytime temps throughout our area for the first part of Memorial Day weekend.  Wow!

>>Edit...I forgot to mention that I'm up to 0.65" of rain for the event so far.