• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2021

43 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Yinz aint kiddin about Philly, once went to a regular season phillies game with some buddies while in college and next thing you know as we're just sitting there a beer goes flying by my buddy's head, all because he was wearing a Yankees hat.  Then the guy tried to climb over a railing and come fight him, luckily security removed him quickly.  Mind you they were playing the Marlins and my buddy is from New York and a life long Yanks fan, it's just the hat he would always throw on to go anywhere.  Anyway, one of many tales I could tell about Philly fans but yes it's true that all cities have their nuts, Philly just a few more I would wager ha.

They (Philly fans) are proud of it and at least back when I lived there it literally was people from Rocky Balboa's neighborhood.  The row homes in South Philly.   I am a Cap's fan and I dared to go to a few Flyers games and stand up when the Cap's scored. I was verbally assaulted much of those games.

Your story reminds me of this:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I am a proud Philly fan of all 4 main teams.

We are very passionate and also very misunderstood. Most of the nonsense is over hyped by the media. There are good and bad fans everywhere.

I'm a longtime diehard fan of the 2 winter season teams and have had season tickets to both on occasion. 

Philly fans are passionate but are not misunderstood. Constant fighting, especially at Eagles games. Fans routinely pissing in sinks or just going on the floor in the restroom. Belligerent towards opposing team's fans. 

I've been to all 4 major sports all over the country and trust me- Philly fans behavior is special, and not in a good way.

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I'm a longtime diehard fan of the 2 winter season teams and have had season tickets to both on occasion. 

Philly fans are passionate but are not misunderstood. Constant fighting, especially at Eagles games. Fans routinely pissing in sinks or just going on the floor in the restroom. Belligerent towards opposing team's fans. 

I've been to all 4 major sports all over the country and trust me- Philly fans behavior is special, and not in a good way.

Once the whole arena broke out in "F*** Ovehckin" teaching a whole new generation of Philly kids how to live. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Once the whole arena broke out in "F*** Ovehckin" teaching a whole new generation of Philly kids how to live. 

Unfortunately, that specific issue you mentioned is becoming commonplace. Knicks fans were serenading Trae Young with the same chants at the Garden on Sunday night.

16 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

To be fair, that’s a sentiment shared by the vast majority of people outside the Beltway. Most of us just don’t voice it in front of 15,000 other people.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

The majority of Philly fans are passionate, knowledgeable and respectful.

The small percentage of idiot fans that are destructive & disrespectful unfortunately get all of the headlines.

15 hours ago, TimB84 said:

That POS doesn’t represent our city. 

Several years ago i had a guy start shit  by Bettis Restaurant in that courtyard prior to a Steelers game. Made a comment to my daughter. didn't go well for him. The cops were close by and were there quick and saved him from more embarrassment. As soon as they found out i was a fireman, i was sent on my way :thumbsup: 

10 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Agreed. i have been to a lot of professional sports venues, they're deplorable.  

10 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

My daughter a caps fan, loves him! 

to weather- im not certain our chances in the LSV are that great for storms later today, i'm just not buying it. 

Looks like Monday will be the nicest over the holiday. 

5 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

Several years ago i had a guy start shit  by Bettis Restaurant in that courtyard prior to a Steelers game. Made a comment to my daughter. didn't go well for him. The cops were close by and were there quick and saved him from more embarrassment. As soon as they found out i was a fireman, i was sent on my way 

As Canderson said, I'm sure it happens in every city. I've never personally witnessed it in Pittsburgh. 

Though - when my son was 13 or 14, we were sitting directly across the aisle from a guy who was probably toasted by 7am that day. EVERY time the Steelers got a first down, this dude staggers across the aisle and gives my son about 3 high fives. My son thought that was pretty funny. We still talk about that guy. :)