• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2021

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

CMC and Icon bring the rains (heavy!) late weekend/early Monday but GFS is still wanting to lessen the chances.  

Good news is...those are all pretty bad models on the verification charts I believe - one of them has to be right this time. :)  

26 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

i broke down and turned the air on last night. daughter couldn't handle it. 

Still looking like 90 Sunday. Good day for a Senators game and cold brew. If we keep these temps up, i may get in the pool memorial day weekend. 

I miss going to City Island - when the boys were younger I had a 12 game plan. I think I've only been up once in the past 3-4 seasons.

By the way, we're going to the Detroit game in Pittsburgh. My son wants to have a better chance of seeing the Steelers win. :D

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Good news is...those are all pretty bad models on the verification charts I believe - one of them has to be right this time. :)

I miss going to City Island - when the boys were younger I had a 12 game plan. I think I've only been up once in the past 3-4 seasons.

By the way, we're going to the Detroit game in Pittsburgh. My son wants to have a better chance of seeing the Steelers win. :D

Been to two regular season Steelers games in my life, both in the Cowher era and both at Three Rivers. One was a 27-9 loss to the Bengals, the other was an overtime loss to the Eagles where they blew a 10 point lead in the closing minutes. Haven’t been since, except for a preseason game a few years back.

9 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Been to two regular season Steelers games in my life, both in the Cowher era and both at Three Rivers. One was a 27-9 loss to the Bengals, the other was an overtime loss to the Eagles where they blew a 10 point lead in the closing minutes. Haven’t been since, except for a preseason game a few years back.

Been going every year since Heinz opened and we are the biggest jinx in sports history. It's comical - back in I think 2014, Tampa came to Heinz and beat the Steelers in the last minute. The Bucs finished 2-14 that year, yet won in Pittsburgh with their backup QB playing. THAT was a brutal loss. (and a VERY long drive back east to Lancaster) 

Never saw a Steelers game at 3 Rivers, but I used to make weekend trips there to see the Buccos when i was younger. I'm not a Pirates fan but it was so easy to get great seats out there. :) 

2 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Been going every year since Heinz opened and we are the biggest jinx in sports history. It's comical - back in I think 2014, Tampa came to Heinz and beat the Steelers in the last minute. The Bucs finished 2-14 that year, yet won in Pittsburgh with their backup QB playing. THAT was a brutal loss. (and a VERY long drive back east to Lancaster) 

Never saw a Steelers game at 3 Rivers, but I used to make weekend trips there to see the Buccos when i was younger. I'm not a Pirates fan but it was so easy to get great seats out there. :) 

Ironically, the Pirates probably have a winning record in games I’ve attended (though it’s too many to keep track). One year they went 6-0 in games I went to.

Weather-related edit: one of those games was rescheduled to a weekday afternoon game that I took off work for, due to the second rainiest day in Pittsburgh’s history excluding tropical systems (3.43” on 9/29/15).

• Like 1

Never saw a Steelers game at 3 Rivers, but I used to make weekend trips there to see the Buccos when i was younger. I'm not a Pirates fan but it was so easy to get great seats out there.  

Back in college, we were able to walk into the NL championship game (no tickets) in the 7th inning against the Braves.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I thought the CMC was 2 or 3 of of 6 or 7?  My "hot take" is that the CMC/Icon/GFS jump around a bit more than the Euro but the Euro is just as incorrect albeit not as flashy of failures.  Will have to look up the verifications now.  LOL 

On 5/13/2021 at 9:37 AM, TimB84 said:

I feel like the CMC is undercutting dewpoints significantly in that timeframe. Verbatim, it shows close to 90 with dews in the 40s to near 50, but no other guidance seems to suggest an airmass that dry.

To quote myself from 5/13... “that timeframe” is now. Guess which model handled this pattern best?

11 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I thought the CMC was 2 or 3 of of 6 or 7?  My "hot take" is that the CMC/Icon/GFS jump around a bit more than the Euro but the Euro is just as incorrect albeit not as flashy of failures.  Will have to look up the verifications now.  LOL 

Not finding a lot of concrete evidence that ranks all the models together...that is also current. Maybe someone else has something?    Most anecdotal web sites I found ranked it Euro, CMC, GFS but they did not discuss the UK.   Location of fronts and areas of pressure have more input I believe than the apparent weather we worry about in the end.    I found charts but they were all 90 day type things.  The GFS was pretty much last in all charts I saw but some were before the change to the "Fv3". 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

Back in college, we were able to walk into the NL championship game (no tickets) in the 7th inning against the Braves.

In 2004, St Louis opened the gates in the 8th inning of G4 so all the Red Sox fans that were outside the stadium could come in to celebrate. I had paid (a lot of money) for a ticket and that was one of the cooler things I've seen an opposing franchise do.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Anecdotal comment....I have been to Heinz once to see a Steelers/Cowboys preseason game.   It was years ago but they had giant Ketchup bottle which would do something, maybe turn to the side like it was pouring, when the Steelers go in the "red zone".   I have neve been able to shake that image when I put Ketchup on something.  Sometimes I hum the accompanying music while doing it. 

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Anecdotal comment....I have been to Heinz once to see a Steelers/Cowboys preseason game.   It was years ago but they had giant Ketchup bottle which would do something, maybe turn to the side like it was pouring, when the Steelers go in the "red zone".   I have neve been able to shake that image when I put Ketchup on something.  Sometimes I hum the accompanying music while doing it. 

You got it! 

Once Ben gets injured this season and Mason takes over, that bottle will be upright the rest of the year. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Superstorm said:

Too soon. Oh wait, that would be 1991, not 1992 since it was at home. The series where we scored 12 runs in 7 games. God, being a Pirates fan is painful even in the good years (see also, 2014 and 2015). The only moment of joy I can recall as a Pirates fan is the Cueto game. Everything else is pain.

1 minute ago, TimB84 said:

Too soon. Oh wait, that would be 1991, not 1992 since it was at home. The series where we scored 12 runs in 7 games.

Did Three Rivers have tarps on the outfield upper level seating even in the playoffs? I sort of remember capacity being reduced to about 45,000, but I could be way off on that. 

3 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Please, please be right Bubbler. WPC still isn't buying what you're selling: (.10" - .25") 

12Z GFS says to jump aboard the rain train though it does not get going in earnest until late next week vs. early.

Some rain Mon, Tue and Wed but more significant waits until Friday.

Trains pass through flooded railway tracks in Mumbai - ABC News (Australian  Broadcasting Corporation)