• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2021

18 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Well I officially started AC season today, switched over the return vents, put in a fresh filter and boom, we are off an running.  Topped out at 88.  Keep it down with all that DeSantis talk, you'll get me all excited over here haha.  My man-crush on that guy grows more and more everyday.  Best governor in America for my money, always seems to be a step ahead.  Now, about all that rain, where can we find some?

Next time I am down I will get you an autographed picture. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Voyager said:

I would mind. It goes against HIPPA laws and smacks of a totalitarian tactic. Not unlike the communist and nazi countries and their "show me your papers" routines, especially during WWII. That is not how a free society should act, and it's something our forefathers would be quite angry about...

In weather news, 88.7F in my backyard today, so officially one short of 90 degrees.

Man, I really tried to bite my tongue here because I’m technically a guest in this thread being from western PA and I’m here to talk about the weather in weather-related threads. But something about comparing having to show your vaccine card upon entering a private business, to what people went through in Nazi Germany at the hands of the government just rubs me the wrong way. Sorry, not trying to ruffle any feathers. I understand your point of view on vaccine passports, I really do. But these two things are objectively not the same.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Man, I really tried to bite my tongue here because I’m technically a guest in this thread being from western PA and I’m here to talk about the weather in weather-related threads. But something about comparing having to show your vaccine card upon entering a private business, to what people went through in Nazi Germany at the hands of the government just rubs me the wrong way. Sorry, not trying to ruffle any feathers. I understand your point of view on vaccine passports, I really do. But these two things are objectively not the same.

They are not...at the moment. Everything starts somewhere, though. Did you see Harris' Tweet where she said, "get the vaccine or wear a mask until you do"? That right there is a (perhaps not so) veiled threat that either you get the vaccine, or you wear a mask forever, or until you give in and get it.

1 hour ago, Voyager said:

They are not...at the moment. Everything starts somewhere, though. Did you see Harris' Tweet where she said, "get the vaccine or wear a mask until you do"? That right there is a (perhaps not so) veiled threat that either you get the vaccine, or you wear a mask forever, or until you give in and get it.

Yeah, I’m agreeing to disagree. Back to weather.

24 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Grass really started turning yesterday. I'm watering the crap out of my veggies and flowers. I really see little hope for rain as far as I can see.

It might be a long summer...

GFS definitely trended back on its rain but still think some see rain this weekend and then again Monday/Tuesday.  Its a beaut this Am.  Started at 55 when I got up....up to 58 now. 

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

That Monday EC deluge is still there.  It tapers off quickly in Western PA though so not sure where you are actually, located. 

I’m about 15 minutes outside Pittsburgh so I generally go with that on the models. Looks like a solid 0.7” by Tuesday morning with of course more in the mountains of Westmoreland/Fayette counties as always. GFS is inconsistent with this feature but the 6z is the best it’s been.

13 hours ago, Voyager said:

I would mind. It goes against HIPPA laws and smacks of a totalitarian tactic. Not unlike the communist and nazi countries and their "show me your papers" routines, especially during WWII. That is not how a free society should act, and it's something our forefathers would be quite angry about...

In weather news, 88.7F in my backyard today, so officially one short of 90 degrees.

It doesn't have anything to do with Hippa. 

I'm not disagreeing with you at all, but i did a little research and also watched a show with medical professionals having the discussion. 

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Grass really started turning yesterday. I'm watering the crap out of my veggies and flowers. I really see little hope for rain as far as I can see.

It might be a long summer...

i have had to mow twice a week since the grass growing season started. But i could tell last night when i mowed, the growth rate has slowed. It may be a long summer.

14 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

It doesn't have anything to do with Hippa. 

I'm not disagreeing with you at all, but i did a little research and also watched a show with medical professionals having the discussion. 

I thought Hippa applied as far as anyone goes regarding about health status and procedures. I know you work in rescue so I trust what you say. If I'm wrong, I stand corrected.

As for the weather, it's gonna be another warm one today...

15 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

81 here around 1:20 with A/C pouring it on.  Might not make 90 here today.  

1.5 degrees away from 90 with 88.5 at the moment.  Yesterday we almost had a 40-degree diurnal with a low of 49 and a high of 88.  Low this morning was 56 so it keeps creeping up slowly.  Current dew point is 53 which keeps it bearable (outdoors) with temps close to 90.  I'd prefer about 10 degrees lower on both the dew point and the temp!B)

48 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

1.5 degrees away from 90 with 88.5 at the moment.  Yesterday we almost had a 40-degree diurnal with a low of 49 and a high of 88.  Low this morning was 56 so it keeps creeping up slowly.  Current dew point is 53 which keeps it bearable (outdoors) with temps close to 90.  I'd prefer about 10 degrees lower on both the dew point and the temp!B)

87 here now - going to be a close call in the run at 90. I'll disagree with you a little and state that I'd prefer it to be about 20 degrees lower. :) 

• Haha 1