• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Spring 2021

4 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

The total precip over the 12z GFS run would squash any drought concerns in much of central PA.

Yep, need a whole hand of fingers to count it up.  GFS moderated the cool down a bit but made it in even less extreme heat wise.   Never goes above 80 at MDT the whole run.  We know that will not happen but if its close I will take it.   Plus the maps are a bit off from the prime heating so may tickle 81-82 a few times late. 

51 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Is a strongly worded letter to Melbourne in the offing?

Total confusion down here with masks that is for sure. All we ever heard is FL is wide open but the Marriott and any restaurants chose their own mandates on them. Definitely more open than PA but changed today we the YES vote in PA. But still uncertainty and confusion down here. 

Just now, paweather said:

Total confusion down here with masks that is for sure. All we ever heard is FL is wide open but the Marriott and any restaurants chose their own mandates on them. Definitely more open than PA but changed today we the YES vote in PA. But still uncertainty and confusion down here. 

When I was down last month I had to wear a mask everywhere.  I think a lot depends on where you are.  I was mostly in Ocala which is a moderate area.  

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

When I was down last month I had to wear a mask everywhere.  I think a lot depends on where you are.  I was mostly in Ocala which is a moderate area.  

Yeah you are right waitress told us there is like 5 counties including Orlando require them. But outside of the that it is maskless open. 

4 minutes ago, paweather said:

Yeah you are right waitress told us there is like 5 counties including Orlando require them. But outside of the that it is maskless open. 

The interesting thing about Florida is that the law making Vaccine Passports illegal cleared legal hurdles and is in effect so no one can ask you for proof to partake in shopping, eating, going on a cruise, etc.    I know you do not mind showing proof but Desantis jumped all over that theory for some reason.  

Masks in the heat of a Florida summer are a real bummer.  Have to carry extras around each day. 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

The interesting thing about Florida is that the law making Vaccine Passports illegal cleared legal hurdles and is in effect so no one can ask you for proof to partake in shopping, eating, going on a cruise, etc.    I know you do not mind showing proof but Desantis jumped all over that theory for some reason.  

Masks in the heat of a Florida summer are a real bummer.  Have to carry extras around each day. 

I’m not sure why Desantis did either I like him but he going too fast on that issue.

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

I have trouble keeping my place at 75 with the A/C on.  Crazy. 

I closed my windows at 9:30 this morning when the temp outside exceeded the inside temp (64) - had them wide open last night and we got down to 49 outside. Was just upstairs a bit ago and it still felt fairly comfortable but didn’t think to look at the thermostat. I’ll report on it again when I’m off work at 4.

Edit: 68 inside at 4pm. 82 outside.

1 hour ago, TimB84 said:

I closed my windows at 9:30 this morning when the temp outside exceeded the inside temp (64) - had them wide open last night and we got down to 49 outside. Was just upstairs a bit ago and it still felt fairly comfortable but didn’t think to look at the thermostat. I’ll report on it again when I’m off work at 4.

Edit: 68 inside at 4pm. 82 outside.

My A/C has been blasting since 10Amish.  I have set at 73 and it only goes off for a bit then turns back on. 

5 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

I would mind. It goes against HIPPA laws and smacks of a totalitarian tactic. Not unlike the communist and nazi countries and their "show me your papers" routines, especially during WWII. That is not how a free society should act, and it's something our forefathers would be quite angry about...

In weather news, 88.7F in my backyard today, so officially one short of 90 degrees.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I would mind. It goes against HIPPA laws and smacks of a totalitarian tactic. Not unlike the communist nazi countries and their "show me your papers" routines, especially during WWII. That is not how a free society should act, and it's something our forefathers would be quite angry about...

In weather news, 88.7F in my backyard today, so officially one short of 90 degrees.

I myself would never show anyone proof of vaccine either.  Too many political overtures to it. 

• Like 3

Well I officially started AC season today, switched over the return vents, put in a fresh filter and boom, we are off an running.  Topped out at 88.  Keep it down with all that DeSantis talk, you'll get me all excited over here haha.  My man-crush on that guy grows more and more everyday.  Best governor in America for my money, always seems to be a step ahead.  Now, about all that rain, where can we find some?

• Like 1