• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2021

1 minute ago, canderson said:

It’s been a beautiful spring - the bests can remember - but the last week things are drying up. I have a lilac Bush that need water - it’s browned on the tips. 

I agree that we could use some rain, but I don’t think that it’s time to worry yet about drought conditions.

22 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I agree that we could use some rain, but I don’t think that it’s time to worry yet about drought conditions.

We are down a decent amount and it looks like a very dry for summer ahead. Just something to watch and a reason to wish for rain when it’s around.  

7 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I just think it is hilarious when I see nothing but beautiful Spring colors wherever I go in Central PA. 
Reading through this thread makes me think that the next Dust Bowl is coming!

All it takes is a week of no rain for the lush grass to go dormant.  And people growing flowers just need a few dry days before they need to add watering to their daily activities.  Still think some in the lsv see rain today. 

8 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I just think it is hilarious when I see nothing but beautiful Spring colors wherever I go in Central PA. 
Reading through this thread makes me think that the next Dust Bowl is coming!

It’s dry.   I’ve thrown out more water than I ever have this early in the last 13 years I’ve been superintendent.   Farmers are saying same thing, plowing fields and nothing but dust.   I wouldn’t call it a drought but I don’t like the look going into June.   You can’t judge by looking at your yard lol.  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

It’s dry.   I’ve thrown out more water than I ever have this early in the last 13 years I’ve been superintendent.   Farmers are saying same thing, plowing fields and nothing but dust.   I wouldn’t call it a drought but I don’t like the look going into June.   You can’t judge by looking at your yard lol.  

That's saying a lot after last year.  On this side of the mountain we have had a LOT more rain the first half of May vs. last year.   But the plants are wilting now and the Pond at Red Run is quickly shrinking again. 

2 hours ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

This.

I'd sort of expect this in July or August, but it's only the middle of May. If we don't get rain today things will really be drying out this coming week. With a potential heatwave looming...not good.

3 hours ago, TimB84 said:

That said, it looks like CTP has bumped precip chances into the 50/50 category a lot of places. PBZ doesn’t have rain in the grids outside the mountains.

Saw your post in the MA.  My simple way to explain the whole situation is if a store says shoes and shirt required, you are expected to wear shoes and a shirt.  Same for a mask.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Saw your post in the MA.  My simple way to explain the whole situation is if a store says shoes and shirt required, you are expected to wear shoes and a shirt.  Same for a mask.  

Yep, as someone who is fully vaccinated, I am ready to lose mine forever. However, many businesses are and will continue requiring them and I have every intention of respecting their decision and will continue to wear mine where I need to.

17 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yep, as someone who is fully vaccinated, I am ready to lose mine forever. However, many businesses are and will continue requiring them and I have every intention of respecting their decision and will continue to wear mine where I need to.

Yea, sometimes being courteous or fitting in to avoid making others uncomfortable is a good thing.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Exactly. That’s all I’m going to say on that matter.

3 hours ago, Voyager said:

Virga is going good in Tamaqua. Per the current radar it should be raining here.

It has rained here for hours but so slow it does not make the street wet.  Better than nothing but not helping with the dry much.  Cold though.  58.   If the radar is to be believed, York  and Adams are getting something more substantial. 

11 minutes ago, canderson said:

It sprinkled (mayyybe a tad heavier for a minute) for about 15 minutes. Calling it a trace. 

same over here. also got a lot cooler too

also next week looks like we get multiple days that might approach 90 or more...probably gonna have to put the ac's in despite how much i dont want to yet. i prefer just having fresh air come in with the house fan on instead of being cooped up inside with the ac lol

47 minutes ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

same over here. also got a lot cooler too

also next week looks like we get multiple days that might approach 90 or more...probably gonna have to put the ac's in despite how much i dont want to yet. i prefer just having fresh air come in with the house fan on instead of being cooped up inside with the ac lol

75 out and the air goes on here.  LOL.  I am the poor mans version of Trainingtime :-).