• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Spring 2021

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

0Z brings back the pain heat wise.  Cmc is record breaking heat in East PA.  

Precip trended down yet again on both the CMC and the Euro. The thing I’m not liking is the runs of the GFS that seem to bring a reprieve in the heat are 18z and 6z runs, while the 0z and 12z always seem to have wall to wall heat and humidity from the time it arrives through the end of the run.

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Watch it.  The MA cancel crowd paid the penalty for trying to start Spring and Summer in Mid Feb by having 3 months of cool weather with only little samples of their summer wants.    Don't curse us and take away December 2021 winter. 

And yet it looks like they’re going to get their long, hot, brutal summer they wanted,  starting before Memorial Day yet again.

1 hour ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Everything looks very green to me everywhere around Central PA that I have been recently.

It’s definitely green but there is some browning starting to occur in yards around here and Camp Hill if they’ve not been watered or treated otherwise. It’s not bad by any stretch but some rain will help. 

You know what I hate? I hate it when you get a cold snap for 1-2 weeks and then you only get a few days of more average weather until you're hit with extreme heat. Those temps are looking godawful next week

Well the past week or two hasn't been a cold snap but definitely 5-10 degrees below average. And then boom we go 10-18 above average with no inbetween

1 minute ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

You know what I hate? I hate it when you get a cold snap for 1-2 weeks and then you only get a few days of more average weather until you're hit with extreme heat. Those temps are looking godawful next week

Well the past week or two hasn't been a cold snap but definitely 5-10 degrees below average. And then boom we go 10-18 above average with no inbetween

Agree 100% on that!

3 hours ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

And those below average "averages" are MDT ob's.  Some rural areas have been 20-30 degrees below normal the last 10-12 days.  We have hit 60 only 3 days of the last 10.  Today's 68 was the warmest in 10+ days but still well below normal. 

Hopefully we start to make up our precip deficit for the year around November 20th with heavy snow through New Year’s Eve.
It would be a win-win scenario! We can finish the year with above normal precip to ease the drought concerns and then also get us on our way to an above normal snow season!

27 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Hopefully we start to make up our precip deficit for the year around November 20th with heavy snow through New Year’s Eve.
It would be a win-win scenario! We can finish the year with above normal precip to ease the drought concerns and then also get us on our way to an above normal snow season!

LOL, you do not like drought talk do you?  

3 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

And those below average "averages" are MDT ob's.  Some rural areas have been 20-30 degrees below normal the last 10-12 days.  We have hit 60 only 3 days of the last 10.  Today's 68 was the warmest in 10+ days but still well below normal. 

Out in Pittsburgh we are running a -7.4 anomaly so far, which I have no doubt will be mostly erased if not completely. So I’m very certain MDT will finish the month above normal. But the bigger story is precip chances for the next 10 days for just about anywhere in this state seem to be disappearing rapidly, to almost zero on the Euro.

5 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Out in Pittsburgh we are running a -7.4 anomaly so far, which I have no doubt will be mostly erased if not completely. So I’m very certain MDT will finish the month above normal. But the bigger story is precip chances for the next 10 days for just about anywhere in this state seem to be disappearing rapidly, to almost zero on the Euro.

Still hopeful for the lsv tomorrow.  I think all of southern PA is in the game.  Going by memory we would be about a -18 anomaly here over the last 10 days.  Highs about 20 below normal and lows about 15 below.

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Still hopeful for the lsv tomorrow.  I think all of southern PA is in the game.  Going by memory we would be about a -18 anomaly here over the last 10 days.  Highs about 20 below normal and lows about 15 below.

You definitely have a better shot than we do tomorrow. Interestingly, NWS Pittsburgh is carrying 30-40% chances of precip imby every day this upcoming week except tomorrow and Tuesday. But we’re not cut off from the moisture feed as badly as you all are.

51 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I deleted a post I made this afternoon - but anyway, driving around this afternoon and yards are starting to turn brown already. Not much hope for any measurable rain for the next week after tomorrow. Not calling drought but crops are going to need moisture. Soon. 

Lol, I need photos from some of you that are seeing the dried up lawns! I have heard several of my family & friends say that this Spring has been one of the most green in memory. There are no signs of drought anywhere that I have seen. 

10 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I just think it is hilarious when I see nothing but beautiful Spring colors wherever I go in Central PA. 
Reading through this thread makes me think that the next Dust Bowl is coming!

It’s been a beautiful spring - the bests can remember - but the last week things are drying up. I have a lilac Bush that need water - it’s browned on the tips.