• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Spring 2021

2 hours ago, TimB84 said:

(Yes, I know it’s completely unrealistic for any model to show lows in the mid-upper 70s in PA in May.) But the models did yet another 180. I’ll bet the 12z GFS is warm and the Euro and CMC go back to cold. One other note: last night’s 18z GFS had “gates of hell” heat way too close for comfort at the very end of its run (99 in DC).

I know some of you can't stand extreme heat but I'm weird and like it sometimes...just as long as it's not like that the entire summer. There's just something fun about it getting that hot and having to go into the pool or find some nice ac or other way to get cool. Maybe it's just a nostalgia thing from when it'd get hot as a kid lol because regardless of how much I might like that stuff I would never wish a night temp in the high 70s with extreme humidity on anyone because that stuff is just torture if you don't have any type of cooling

8 minutes ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

I know some of you can't stand extreme heat but I'm weird and like it sometimes...just as long as it's not like that the entire summer. There's just something fun about it getting that hot and having to go into the pool or find some nice ac or other way to get cool. Maybe it's just a nostalgia thing from when it'd get hot as a kid lol because regardless of how much I might like that stuff I would never wish a night temp in the high 70s with extreme humidity on anyone because that stuff is just torture if you don't have any type of cooling

:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, paweather said:

No more 540's on the GFS. :weep:

After Saturday my home does not go above 60 on the GFS until Wednesday afternoon.    Early week pants weather.  Very rainy Sunday.   Back to a frying pan for next weekend.  CMC wants nothing to do with a wet Sunday this weekend.  Nam is quite wet Sunday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

After Saturday my home does not go above 60 on the GFS until Wednesday afternoon.    Early week pants weather.  Very rainy Sunday.   Back to a frying pan for next weekend.  CMC wants nothing to do with a wet Sunday this weekend.  Nam is quite wet Sunday.

Dear God, I hope the CMC is badly wrong about next weekend.

46 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Dear God, I hope the CMC is badly wrong about next weekend.

The CMC has been flip flopping violently in recent runs.  Not worthy of the moniker King CMC I gave it after a good March.  

I was just on a zoom call with shorts (its Friday) and I got caught...thought of you.  I crossed my legs they could see my knee. 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

The CMC has been flip flopping violently in recent runs.  Not worthy of the moniker King CMC I gave it after a good March.  

I was just on a zoom call with shorts (its Friday) and I got caught...thought of you.  I crossed my legs they could see my knee. 

You can only get away with that in CMC Horrorland where it’s 98 degrees in Eastern PA on May 23rd.

35 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Everytime you talk about shorts and zoom calls, I think of that Maxwell House commercial...lol

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Voyager will be delivering water in swim trunks.   At least the GFS has some days with highs in the 60's after next weekend. 

I suspect the CMC is plagued with the same issue that has been haunting it all week: lack of moisture. Nearly all of PA has less than 0.1” QPF for the entirety of its run. But the Euro is trending that way too.

7 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

I suspect the CMC is plagued with the same issue that has been haunting it all week: lack of moisture. Nearly all of PA has less than 0.1” QPF for the entirety of its run. But the Euro is trending that way too. 

Its a big worry.  The NAM/GFS Sunday rain was a welcome surprise.  I hope it holds. 

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Its a big worry.  The NAM/GFS Sunday rain was a welcome surprise.  I hope it holds. 

Don’t get me wrong, if it’s going to be hot I could live with the lower humidity levels the CMC wants to give us, but not at the expense of rain. We’ve done a bit better with rain out here - over an inch on Mother’s Day - but I think a dry spell would hurt pretty badly and maybe set the stage for a bad summer with completely unfettered heat.

5 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Don’t get me wrong, if it’s going to be hot I could live with the lower humidity levels the CMC wants to give us, but not at the expense of rain. We’ve done a bit better with rain out here - over an inch on Mother’s Day - but I think a dry spell would hurt pretty badly and maybe set the stage for a bad summer with completely unfettered heat.

If we can get that Sunday rain to rake us all then we get the week off to a good start. 

• Like 1