• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Spring 2021

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yep, now it's up to the state, counties, etc., right? 

Interestingly enough, Philadelphia and Allegheny counties are currently amongst the lowest in the state for rolling 7 day confirmed cases. Is that due to higher vaccination rates in those areas? I mean...Philly is running REALLY low on cases right now, which is excellent to see. Some of the highest spots in the state are in more rural areas...

Yes, that is my understanding.  The CDC proclamation is just guidance.  I have heard figures in states that say things like 70% fully vaccinated in Maryland, 65 in WV,  etc...before the masks can come off. And then the stores can make their own rules Re: Giant/Martins can say Masks required even if the Gov does not.  So it may be a bit of a mixed bag. 

Some of your stats may support vaccines like you mentioned.  Not sure what their rates are though. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

Yes, that is my understanding.  The CDC proclamation is just guidance.  I have heard figures in states that say things like 70% fully vaccinated in Maryland, 65 in WV,  etc...before the masks can come off. And then the stores can make their own rules Re: Giant/Martins can say Masks required even if the Gov does not.  So it may be a bit of a mixed bag. 

Some of your stats may support vaccines like you mentioned.  Not sure what their rates are though. 

I am taking a photo of my Vac card on my phone. I think it is so contradicting if stores, indoor establishments want to follow their own rules versus the CDC.  

• Like 1

Just now, paweather said:

I am taking a photo of my Vac card on my phone. I think it is so contradicting if stores, indoor establishments want to follow their own rules versus the CDC.  

It may be illegal  in PA to ask for the vaccine card at normal retail locations or workplaces.  Unless the bill was shot down, not sure on that.  Its already illegal in Florida.  

It may be illegal  in PA to ask for the vaccine card at normal retail locations or workplaces.  Unless the bill was shot down, not sure on that.  Its already illegal in Florida.  

I don't know when I got my vaccination the nurse told me to take a picture of the card for my phone. Florida is maskless anyways. 

I’m trying to tread carefully here, but there is a significant subset of the population that thinks businesses should be able to make a business decision to pick and choose when they don’t want to serve a customer for a multitude of reasons, but when that reason is covid vaccine status they cry foul.

1 minute ago, paweather said:

I don't know when I got my vaccination the nurse told me to take a picture of the card for my phone. Florida is maskless anyways. 

Definitely an important card was just commenting that you may not need it for stores.  It would probably be up to each person to be honest about it.    Here is an article on it:

https://www.abc27.com/news/this-week-in-pennsylvania/pa-republicans-want-to-ban-vaccine-passports-democrats-call-it-an-unneeded-distraction/

2 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

I’m trying to tread carefully here, but there is a significant subset of the population that thinks businesses should be able to make a business decision to pick and choose when they don’t want to serve a customer for a multitude of reasons, but when that reason is covid vaccine status they cry foul.

Its definitely a sticky situation.  I think the fact that if you go out right now and see how normal things look it makes it hard to imagine people being denied access to a store. If people were keeling over on the street then it would be easier to enforce stuff. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Its definitely a sticky situation.  I think the fact that if you go out right now and see how normal things look it makes it hard to imagine people being denied access to a store. If people were keeling over on the street then it would be easier to enforce stuff. 

Agreed. Phillies will be 100% capacity in June. I think it is time now, in my mind. I have followed the rules that definitely were in place over the past year but normalcy would be definitely nice. It will be good to walk in to a grocery store for the first time mask free. And if people who are fully vaccinated still want to wear one, fine no issue with me. I am just happy the CDC made the ruling today. Let's get concerts back and 100% capacity stadiums back. Now back to the weather, had some drops of rain a little while ago. Another great autumn like day. 68 degrees here.   

7 minutes ago, paweather said:

Agreed. Phillies will be 100% capacity in June. I think it is time now, in my mind. I have followed the rules that definitely were in place over the past year but normalcy would be definitely nice. It will be good to walk in to a grocery store for the first time mask free. And if people who are fully vaccinated still want to wear one, fine no issue with me. I am just happy the CDC made the ruling today. Let's get concerts back and 100% capacity stadiums back. Now back to the weather, had some drops of rain a little while ago. Another great autumn like day. 68 degrees here.   

That - I could not say better. I completely stand beside every word you just wrote. I'm fully vaccinated and I'm ready to ditch the restrictions. 

My Orioles can go to 100% capacity and still have plenty of room for social distancing. Even with capacity capped at 11,000, they've attracted that many fans so far this year exactly...

Never. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

That - I could not say better. I completely stand beside every word you just wrote. I'm fully vaccinated and I'm ready to ditch the restrictions. 

Over here people are already back to normal as to stores.   There are signs on almost every store that says masks are required and only about 3/4 of the people wear them.  Really only Martins is holding the line and will not let you in without a mask.  Walmart is half unmasked.

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Over here people are already back to normal as to stores.   There are signs on almost every store that says masks are required and only about 3/4 of the people wear them.  Really only Martins is hold the line.  Walmart is half unmasked.

Interesting on Walmart, our Walmart here they have Mask Cops outside the door ensuring you have one on. But anyways, at the very least major progress is being made now to cancel the restrictions. It is funny though I had the Moderna vac and on my second shot felt terrible the next morning but wore off, my wife just had her second and she had no side effects. Interesting how the side effects impact differently with people. 

25 minutes ago, paweather said:

Interesting on Walmart, our Walmart here they have Mask Cops outside the door ensuring you have one on. But anyways, at the very least major progress is being made now to cancel the restrictions. It is funny though I had the Moderna vac and on my second shot felt terrible the next morning but wore off, my wife just had her second and she had no side effects. Interesting how the side effects impact differently with people. 

I think people wear the mask at the door then take it off.  No inside enforcement. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yep, now it's up to the state, counties, etc., right? 

Interestingly enough, Philadelphia and Allegheny counties are currently amongst the lowest in the state for rolling 7 day confirmed cases. Is that due to higher vaccination rates in those areas? I mean...Philly is running REALLY low on cases right now, which is excellent to see. Some of the highest spots in the state are in more rural areas...

Per the PA DOH Covid Vaccine Dashboard, Philly has the lowest vaccination rate in the state at at just under 3k per 100k, whereas right next door Montgomery and Chester Counties have the highest rates at ~27k per 100k.  Statewide, we have almost 5.5 million vaccinated out of a population of 13 million but the daily rate is dropping sharply.  More people have died in PA over the age of 100 (like .01% of population) than under the age of 46 (well over half the population), which illustrates just how wildly covid skews towards the extreme elderly.  I know this is not breaking news, just striking to see some of the stats laid out.  Anywho, cases are dropping like a rock and daily deaths are miniscule.  I believe same-day vaccination appointments are available for anyone who wants one.  In my mind, all mitigation measures should be lifted.  All of them.  Sorry to go on, I just love numbers ha.  Now off to pickleball, toodles gents.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Per the PA DOH Covid Vaccine Dashboard, Philly has the lowest vaccination rate in the state at at just under 3k per 100k, whereas right next door Montgomery and Chester Counties have the highest rates at ~27k per 100k.  Statewide, we have almost 5.5 million vaccinated out of a population of 13 million but the daily rate is dropping sharply.  More people have died in PA over the age of 100 (like .01% of population) than under the age of 46 (well over half the population), which illustrates just how wildly covid skews towards the extreme elderly.  I know this is not breaking news, just striking to see some of the stats laid out.  Anywho, cases are dropping like a rock and daily deaths are miniscule.  I believe same-day vaccination appointments are available for anyone who wants one.  In my mind, all mitigation measures should be lifted.  All of them.  Sorry to go on, I just love numbers ha.  Now off to pickleball, toodles gents.

So this suggests the vaccine is not the thing keeping Philly's numbers down.  There seems to be so much about this we do not understand. 

4 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

So this suggests the vaccine is not the thing keeping Philly's numbers down.  There seems to be so much about this we do not understand. 

I wouldn't say it's a mystery. It could be as simple as that community wearing masks and following guidelines more than others if they aren't vaccinated which would be keeping their numbers down. Also 1/3 of the country being vaccinated does help tons of communities even if those vaccinated people all aren't in one spot together since it means there's less people the virus can jump to and continue spreading so it limits how far it can travel compared to previously.

Sounds like PA is somewhat following CDC.  No mask if fully vaccinated except in transportation (buses, planes) and certain crowds (Phillies games still requires masks as an example).   Only applies to the 30-35% who are fully vaccinated.  Going to be an interesting next month or two of questions.  Of courses businesses will not all follow.  Just looked at the stats for PA and it seems about 4 Mill are fully vaccinated...out of 12Mill. 

MD is not following and requires masks in all indoor venues regardless of vaccine status. 

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Sounds like PA is somewhat following CDC.  No mask if fully vaccinated except in transportation (buses, planes) and certain crowds (Phillies games still requires masks as an example).   Only applies to the 30-35% who are fully vaccinated.  Going to be an interesting next month or two of questions.  Of courses businesses will not all follow.  Just looked at the stats for PA and it seems about 4 Mill are fully vaccinated...out of 12Mill. 

MD is not following and requires masks in all indoor venues regardless of vaccine status. 

No doubt the next couple of months will be a land of confusion. We have the CDC come out yesterday and say no masks indoors/outdoors if vaccinated but you have different places doing there own thing with mask requirements. Should be fun to see how this plays out, why wouldn't the country just follow the CDC that is what started the masks and this is what just ended the masks. Anyways, enjoy the weather it is the only weather we got. :-) 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yesterday it had us wearing coats at the same time frame. 30 degree difference.   GFS says "keep the coats on" 

(Yes, I know it’s completely unrealistic for any model to show lows in the mid-upper 70s in PA in May.) But the models did yet another 180. I’ll bet the 12z GFS is warm and the Euro and CMC go back to cold. One other note: last night’s 18z GFS had “gates of hell” heat way too close for comfort at the very end of its run (99 in DC).