• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2021

2 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Actually, according to ESPN, all 7 that tested positive were fully vaccinated. At least they're asymptomatic to this point.  

I haven't heard about it but if it's the johnson&johnson vaccine that's because it's only 66% effective and that's after a certain amount of time has passed. Honestly if any of you get a vaccine I'd stay away from that one lol. The moderna and pfizer mrna vaccines are over 90% effective and apparently less side effects from what I've seen. My friend and grandpa got it a while ago and basically had no issues except my friend having a slightly sore arm

I also wouldn't trust J&J considering they knowingly had cancer causing materials in their baby powder for decades and didn't do anything until recently being sued. There's a reason the original formula has been banned in other countries for decades lol

Forgot I should add you can catch covid with being vaccinated but as long as you're asymptomatic there's a low chance you'll spread it to other people. So it's honestly not that bad but I've been pretty vocal about my feelings on the J&J vaccine elsewhere especially after the blood clotting stuff in 6 women. But apparently that seems linked to a birth control medication which would make sense why all of them were women.

7 hours ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

I haven't heard about it but if it's the johnson&johnson vaccine that's because it's only 66% effective and that's after a certain amount of time has passed. Honestly if any of you get a vaccine I'd stay away from that one lol. The moderna and pfizer mrna vaccines are over 90% effective and apparently less side effects from what I've seen. My friend and grandpa got it a while ago and basically had no issues except my friend having a slightly sore arm

I also wouldn't trust J&J considering they knowingly had cancer causing materials in their baby powder for decades and didn't do anything until recently being sued. There's a reason the original formula has been banned in other countries for decades lol

Forgot I should add you can catch covid with being vaccinated but as long as you're asymptomatic there's a low chance you'll spread it to other people. So it's honestly not that bad but I've been pretty vocal about my feelings on the J&J vaccine elsewhere especially after the blood clotting stuff in 6 women. But apparently that seems linked to a birth control medication which would make sense why all of them were women.

I had read one of them was showing signs of something but regardless the public thinks the vaccines mean you are close to immune because that is how it is presented in the news sometimes.  We all know they are not perfect but I thought that many players getting it was fairly high amount and really not much different than if they were not vaccinated.  As Canderson said maybe the real answer here is that their issues were lessened by the vaccine.

2 hours ago, mahantango#1 said:

32 at dawn with some frost, hope this is the last morning with temperatures this low with frost till fall. I'm ready for sustained warmth.

As long as it's not hot - I agree with you. The only thing good about cold these days is that it's not hot. I'll sign up for 70s gladly. 

7 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

As long as it's not hot - I agree with you. The only thing good about cold these days is that it's not hot. I'll sign up for 70s gladly. 

GFS has no frosty mornings through out.  Still not overly warm though.  Some low 70's a few days next week (Tue-Fri) then back into a more marine like 50's and 60's for highs and 40's for lows.  It seems that this season each time the GFS suggest the heat is here for good, it backs down.  Eventually the heat will be here for good....I guess?

CMC is MUCH hotter.  90's next weekend. 

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

GFS has no frosty mornings through out.  Still not overly warm though.  Some low 70's a few days next week (Tue-Fri) then back into a more marine like 50's and 60's for highs and 40's for lows.  It seems that this season each time I see the LR models suggest the heat is here for good, they back down.  Eventually the heat will be here for good....I guess?

I guess it is time for summer weather.See the source image

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

GFS has no frosty mornings through out.  Still not overly warm though.  Some low 70's a few days next week (Tue-Fri) then back into a more marine like 50's and 60's for highs and 40's for lows.  It seems that this season each time the GFS suggest the heat is here for good, it backs down.  Eventually the heat will be here for good....I guess?

I feel like the CMC is undercutting dewpoints significantly in that timeframe. Verbatim, it shows close to 90 with dews in the 40s to near 50, but no other guidance seems to suggest an airmass that dry.

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

I want no part of 90s, but it's going to come eventually. I'd love to keep those 70s around for a while longer. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I want no part of 90s, but it's going to come eventually. I'd love to keep those 70s around for a while longer. 

I'm ok with the 70's. The 90's are good for a swimming day, but that's it. 50's in May is too cold, though...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TimB84 said:

I feel like the CMC is undercutting dewpoints significantly in that timeframe. Verbatim, it shows close to 90 with dews in the 40s to near 50, but no other guidance seems to suggest an airmass that dry.

Just kidding. 12z proves the CMC is just as drunk as the GFS.

8 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Looks to me that they both suggest back door cold fronts playing havoc with temp forecasting. 

Ukie looks to be in that camp as well. GFS suggested that with the 0z (and the 18z and 6z, to the extent that those count), but blasts all kinds of heat and humidity into PA from the Midwest with a very persistent ridge on the 12z. But the 12z GFS yesterday was almost a carbon copy of today’s run. Will be interesting to see what pattern the Euro suggests.

Just now, TimB84 said:

GFS suggested that with the 0z (and the 18z and 6z, to the extent that those count), but blasts all kinds of heat and humidity into PA from the Midwest with a very persistent ridge on the 12z. But the 12z GFS yesterday was almost a carbon copy of today’s run. Will be interesting to see what pattern the Euro suggests.

I had not looked at the 12Z GFS yet but did look at the CMC which went from a high of 90 in MDT down to upper 60's (next Saturday) as we got on the other side of the front.  Did not check DP's. 

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I had not looked at the 12Z GFS yet but did look at the CMC which went from a high of 90 in MDT down to upper 60's (next Saturday) as we got on the other side of the front.  Did not check DP's. 

DPs on the cold side of the back door front drop into the 30s south (40s on my side of the mountains) and upper 20s north on the CMC.

4 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

DPs on the cold side of the back door front drop into the 30s south (40s on my side of the mountains) and upper 20s north on the CMC.

Just looked at the 12Z GFS.  You do get blasted with heat.  Eastern PA is in that back door zone as NEXT/Week from now Fri, Sat and Sun its decent over there and a frying pan over you (esp Sunday).  DP's are 10-15 lower. 

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Just looked at the 12Z GFS.  You do get blasted with heat.  Eastern PA is in that back door zone as NEXT/Week from now Fri, Sat and Sun its decent over there and a frying pan over you (esp Sunday).  DP's are 10-15 lower. 

Ah, you’re right. I was confusing the relatively cooler 60s east with the misery to come for the entire eastern half of the country that the GFS depicts after the cooler airmass is pushed away.

Obviously I’m rooting for that back door front to go as far west as it possibly can.

6 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Sure enough, the backdoor cold front wins on the Euro too. Perhaps more decisively than on the others.

Excellent. I am wanting a front loaded cold front with a southern low tagged on it right up the coast line. With a decent High to my north. Ohhh, sorry I am talking about winter. :D

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Why do you both still have your masks on?  CDC said take them off and be free again. 

If the 12z GFS/0z every model but the GFS is correct I’ll get too hot in a mask, but if the 0z GFS/12z every model but the GFS is correct I might need the mask for warmth.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Why do you both still have your masks on?  CDC said take them off and be free again. 

Yep, now it's up to the state, counties, etc., right? 

Interestingly enough, Philadelphia and Allegheny counties are currently amongst the lowest in the state for rolling 7 day confirmed cases. Is that due to higher vaccination rates in those areas? I mean...Philly is running REALLY low on cases right now, which is excellent to see. Some of the highest spots in the state are in more rural areas...