• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2021

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Cloud and a chilly 51 at 2:30.  Trough causing what looks like (on the radar)  lake effect rain over LSV.  

This lousy ass weather pattern just HAS to change soon. I'm tired of wearing long sleeves and jackets.

1 minute ago, Voyager said:

This lousy ass weather pattern just HAS to change soon. I'm tired of wearing long sleeves and jackets.

Yea, some on here said they worse shorts but those warm days were weekdays when one has to dress up even if WFH (for meetings).  I have only been able to wear shorts a couple times this whole season.  Always seemed to be cold on the weekend though this weekend looks promising for shorts. 

12 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, some on here said they worse shorts but those warm days were weekdays when one has to dress up even if WFH (for meetings).  I have only been able to wear shorts a couple times this whole season.  Always seemed to be cold on the weekend though this weekend looks promising for shorts. 

My WFH since 2020 job has very little face to face (now zoom) interaction with clients and my wife’s WFH since 2020 job has virtually zero interaction on camera.  So I can assure you I wear shorts when the temperature gets above an acceptable threshold, even on weekdays. Probably would wear something nicer on top and still wear shorts on bottom interacting with clients on camera because who sees below chest level in a zoom meeting?

Just now, TimB84 said:

My WFH since 2020 job has very little face to face (now zoom) interaction with clients and my wife’s WFH since 2020 job has virtually zero interaction on camera.  So I can assure you I wear shorts when the temperature gets above an acceptable threshold, even on weekdays. Probably would wear something nicer on top and still wear shorts on bottom interacting with clients on camera because who sees below chest level in a zoom meeting?

Wearing shorts in meetings is asking for trouble on my side.  Just crossing my legs shows my pants.  I do not do the face view...they can see down to my desktop.  They would be able to see my pants if not for the top of my desk.  

20 minutes ago, paweather said:

Keep washing the sweatshirts and Long pants then in December we will be in shorts! :D By the way, I am so over video calls zoom, teams etc. Thank goodness this company only does one video a week. I'm a 52 year old school type of guy! 

The high on Christmas eve was warmer than any of the last 5 days at MDT.  

5 minutes ago, paweather said:

I didn't look at anything today......Kind of getting to that point with me. I just assumed next week based on trends would be warmer. 

GFS is warmer than the last few days but stays mostly 60's for highs in the LSV.  Maybe some late day 70 touching but GFS had a much wamer look a few days ago so not sure.  I did just look at the EC and its a good 10 degrees warmer pretty much each day.   EC is summer time.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

GFS is warmer than the last few days but stays mostly 60's for highs in the LSV.  Maybe some late day 70 touching but GFS had a much wamer look a few days ago so not sure.  I did just look at the EC and its a good 10 degrees warmer pretty much each day.   EC is summer time.

The King can only be good in the winter when he takes our snow away from us. :D ** I should add UGH!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Voyager said:

January to December seems to be our new March anymore...

True. But you have to admit this is the first spring where we didn't go into Summer Heat in a long time. I know you would want that but it actually feels like Spring Weather for a change. Hope we can get back to 4 seasons again. 

14 minutes ago, paweather said:

True. But you have to admit this is the first spring where we didn't go into Summer Heat in a long time. I know you would want that but it actually feels like Spring Weather for a change. Hope we can get back to 4 seasons again. 

As a father who just spent years watching his kids in spring high school sports, I can tell you that we've had many very cold and windy Aprils lately. Maybe May has turned hot, but we watched a lot of very cold April baseball games...

• Like 1