• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2021

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I think so as well but I hear it a lot on the boards in general.  Not this one as much as others.  It usually starts when the LR models do not show a great January...the "February is when we score big anyway" talk starts. 

I know that every winter Horst talks about February being Lancaster's snowiest month on average...and we had snow this past February. The last big ones that I remember in February were the 2 in 2010 - and that's all I remember since 2003 or 2004. 

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I know that every winter Horst talks about February being Lancaster's snowiest month on average...and we had snow this past February. The last big ones that I remember in February were the 2 in 2010 - and that's all I remember since 2003 or 2004. 

The same info I am looking at does show February as averaging the most snow at 9.4" vs. 9.1 for January.  Well when I say average it says normal.  March is a distant third at 5.6 and Dec is 4.4.

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

We will be only a couple months from being back to normal at that point (per Fauci) 

So...yeah. Some things are better left alone. :) 

I was grumbling a little over the weekend about rain, or the lack thereof, and my wife reminded me of what happened last year when we went to the Outer Banks in early June. (we're returning once again this year) 10" of rain over the first 4 days of our week's vacation. 

I'm totally satisfied with all of the rain we received this past week. It was more than enough...

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

February 2014 was pretty snowy.

5 hours ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Glad I could be the spark to light that fire haha.  I was going to ask you what those other columns were but now I see that must just be how it copied and pasted from the records table and those are the records for the same dates for Jan Feb Mar and Apr as well.  Good stuff but yeah doesn't look like anything is too likely except perhaps an outside chance at the two you pointed out.  I do see that the record high for Harrisburg for today is 95 from 1963, something tells me we're going to fall just shy of that one.

I just noticed the last few days of NAM runs suggest a freeze watch may be needed WED am. 

GFS continues the wet pattern, but will it be? LOL. 
**For Voyager - maybe some wet snow flakes in there as well...... OK. I know that is not going to happen but had to say it. But this is the first spring in a long time we actually had a spring with temps.  

Man oh man, I love snow, but at this point when we get a week in January of 70’s Voyager better have a free pass to say any and everything he wishes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, paweather said:

It was just a joke. And I'm sure Voyager will know that. Free passes always exist here. 

I absolutely know that. If we ever have a get together though, I think I'm going to hand out snow globes to you guys...lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

You are correct, and I completely forgot a big storm on the 12th that dropped over a 1' here. Thanks for bringing that up, without looking at my records, I had forgotten about that. 

February 2015 was also a good snow month.

Most of our snow that Winter started in the last week of January, continued through February and lasted until the middle of March 2015.

13 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

How easy is a coal stove to maintain versus a pellet or wood stove? Do you use bituminous or anthracite coal?

I Have a Harman stoker stove. Every other day empty the ash pan and load hopper with rice coal. It runs off a thermostat.

This kind of weather every 3 days.

I think coal puts out more BTU than pellets. Been burning coal for 30 years.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

Not a bad morning weather wise so far...till the wind picks up later and the risk of a possible shower later in the Susquehanna Valley this afternoon.

It's downright nice out.  I just went out for the sole purpose of getting gas so I can avoid lines later....and was surprised how good it felt. 

• Like 1