• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2021

42 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

There are some possible thundershowers around but surprised to see real hail.  Are we going to count this as snow on May 8th for the second year in a row? 

It's very cold aloft today with 850mb temps a couple degrees below zero, 700mb temps around -10C and 500mb nearly -30ºC over the commonwealth...which is quite significant. Combine that with the strong May sun providing surface heating and instability and that's definitely a recipe for graupel, which would count as frozen. Technically regular hail does too, but I think considering the cold low-mid levels any frozen p-type is probably mostly graupel. Would have to see some pics if anyone gets any decent hail/graupel. 

There was some actual snow in some of the higher Laurel's spots this morning. Not quite the extent of last May's major cold shot, but it's certainly a pretty chilly/unsettled weekend.  

Also, sorry I haven't been posting too much.. I usually get pretty busy in the spring/summer months. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Heavy, small diameter hail/graupel here with Thunder right now.  Literally a mulch topper. 

A week of very little action continues here - a light shower produced a whopping .03" earlier this afternoon. Otherwise, partly sunny and cool. 

Daughter reported heavy rain/hail in Lancaster city around 3:00pm. She said that water was running everywhere. 

My point and click for tomorrow/tomorrow night is down to a tenth to a quarter of an inch. 

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

A week of very little action continues here - a light shower produced a whopping .03" earlier this afternoon. Otherwise, partly sunny and cool. 

Daughter reported heavy rain/hail in Lancaster city around 3:00pm. She said that water was running everywhere. 

My point and click for tomorrow/tomorrow night is down to a tenth to a quarter of an inch. 

Need that low to dip a bit farther south for us to get back into the good rains. 

12 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Need that low to dip a bit farther south for us to get back into the good rains. 

Yes.

It's gotten very dark here - let's see what happens. My 7 day rain total is at .64". Compared to what you experienced last year it's a rain forest, but I know I'm way behind most on here.

26 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yes.

It's gotten very dark here - let's see what happens. My 7 day rain total is at .64". Compared to what you experienced last year it's a rain forest, but I know I'm way behind most on here.

Yea, you have been left out of the cornucopia of rain many have received this week.   That rain moving through Lancaster county right now seems like it could drop some quick pours. 

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, you have been left out of the cornucopia of rain many have received this week.   That rain moving through Lancaster county right now seems like it could drop some quick pours. 

Unfortunately, it did not - we received an additional 11 drops. .64" for the week it is. 

All of the wind we've had this year so far, and the night I install my new weather station it's as calm as it can get. There is NO wind, or even the SLIGHTEST of breezes to move the cups. The only other thing is that I can't get my barometric pressure to read on my display. Not sure if the sensor is even working at this point.

For anyone interested, it's an Ambient Weather WS-2000 station.