• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Spring 2021

1 hour ago, 2001kx said:

Was thinking about going to Hershey park tomorrow (fri)

Should i risk it? 2.5 hr drive one way.

No - as a long time pass holder, the benefit of low crowds is erased when it's wet AND cold. Unless you're coming for a few hours early in the day, I wouldn't chance it. 

Just my opinion. I like to go when I think most won't, but I've been there on enough miserable days to know when to say when. 

27 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Seems trends try to bring temps back up to normal or above around May 15th.  So may be a warm last 15 days of Spring. 

To the extent that the GFS (or really anything beyond D10) can be trusted, the last couple runs continue to double down on the extent of the cold after the warmup. Then again, there were quite a few GFS runs that I remember painting a very warm, humid picture for the first half of May, 10-14 days out.

38 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I dunno - if precip comes in early enough on Sunday, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a little sleet mixed in all the way down to the LSV. Don't know that I would expect it, but I could see it happening...

Things must be trending well if someone other than myself, Blizz or Paweather is discussing frozen in May.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TimB84 said:

To the extent that the GFS (or really anything beyond D10) can be trusted, the last couple runs continue to double down on the extent of the cold after the warmup. Then again, there were quite a few GFS runs that I remember painting a very warm, humid picture for the first half of May, 10-14 days out.

Again, all I can say is :angry:

There's a time and place for everything, and, like November/December when it's supposed to be cold, were talking middle/late May. It's supposed to be warm...

3 hours ago, TimB84 said:

Hard for me to buy the GFS after 5-6 days but still fun to discuss. 

1 hour ago, Voyager said:

There's a time and place for everything, and, like November/December when it's supposed to be cold, were talking middle/late May. It's supposed to be warm...

Seasons have shifted.  April is now November and May is October. October is now June and November is now May. 

It's worse in UK and Scotland they have reopened their ski resorts its March in May lol

In fairness - I think maybe Canderson posted this earlier in the week, but our long-term average temperatures are increasing. And while I'm sure it's frustrating when it's cold and miserable in May, we also have many mild days in November and December. Aggregately, there is more warm than cold or otherwise our long term averages wouldn't be increasing. 

As a cold weather nut - I'm with you on this. I was really enjoying the 60s and 70s and wish honestly we'd stay right there for another 5 months. 

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

In fairness - I think maybe Canderson posted this earlier in the week, but our long-term average temperatures are increasing. And while I'm sure it's frustrating when it's cold and miserable in May, we also have many mild days in November and December. Aggregately, there is more warm than cold or otherwise our long term averages wouldn't be increasing. 

As a cold weather nut - I'm with you on this. I was really enjoying the 60s and 70s and wish honestly we'd stay right there for another 5 months. 

Frost or bust tomorrow AM over here.    

(Edit, I just remembered bust...going to still have rain in the area.  That does make mid 30's tomorrow AM even more impressive though with little radiational effects.)

1 minute ago, paweather said:

Yep. and my zone forecast keeps lowering (all week long) the temps for tomorrow. High near 56 would love a high in the 40's tomorrow. :-) Maybe I will feel that headed for a day trip to State College to visit my wife's parents. 

GFS has snow not too far away from Beaver Stadium. 

5 hours ago, canderson said:

Seasons have shifted.  April is now November and May is October. October is now June and November is now May. 

It sure does seem that way as Octobers have been warmer lately. Certainly not as many frost mornings as there used to be.

5 hours ago, RedSky said:

It's worse in UK and Scotland they have reopened their ski resorts its March in May lol

:o

5 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Once the trees leaf out, I want it to stay warm out. I can give April a push as other than green grass most of the woody plants are bare.

• Like 1