• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2021

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

Me as well.  Do not want to see dried up lakes this summer. 

co-worker just told me (he lives 20 miles north) they haven't had the rain like we have had in the LSV. They didn't get that 1" we had the other night. They're very dry and he can get by mowing every 10 days. If i don't mow every 3-4 days i'm in trouble. 

11 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

co-worker just told me (he lives 20 miles north) they haven't had the rain like we have had in the LSV. They didn't get that 1" we had the other night. They're very dry and he can get by mowing every 10 days. If i don't mow every 3-4 days i'm in trouble. 

We’ve been the rain jackpot this spring for sure in this region. 

At the height of the torrent this morning it was raining here at a rate of 6 inches/hr!  Picked up 0.5" in 30 minutes.  It is finally letting up and the skies are brightening.  It was really dark as the heavy rain came in.  Since midnight I've recorded another 0.75" giving me a 3-day total of 1.69".  Temp dropped from 66 to 60 currently.

• Like 2

Sun is making a return here:

• Monday, 5/3: .08"
  • Tuesday, 5/4: .01" (fell right after midnight)
  • Wednesday, 5/5: .35"

3 day total: .44"

Someone's always going to win, someone's always going to lose. I imagine most in this thread had more rain than I did. Probably for most, significantly so. 

I was hoping for at least 1" from the 3 days - barring a miracle, I won't get close to that. 

Onward! 

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

Sun is making a return here:

• Monday, 5/3: .08"
  • Tuesday, 5/4: .01" (fell right after midnight)
  • Wednesday, 5/5: .35"

3 day total: .44"

Someone's always going to win, someone's always going to lose. I imagine most in this thread had more rain than I did. Probably for most, significantly so. 

I was hoping for at least 1" from the 3 days - barring a miracle, I won't get close to that. 

Onward! 

.44 is a gold mine compared to the barren late spring last year.  I bet (nothing to bet just a phrase) you have 1.5" before Sunday. 

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Broken line of showers has developed from just north of Harrisburg extending southwest to near your area. Hoping it solidifies as it moves east...

It rained for a few minutes and it was a tropical like rain but not much in this round here.   If the models are to be believed, the Eastern LSV is going to be the focus this afternoon. 

• Like 1