• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Spring 2021

11 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Those who like/follow severe weather - @Wmsptwx what do you think of the chances for our first legit severe threat of the season early next week? Seeing talk already surrounding the 5/3 - 5/5 timeframe.

Very promising, obviously a lot can change and so many things go into a threat, but as of right now I definitely see the possibility of a higher end event...Enhanced type day.

Thanks for the replies, guys. Like I said, I wasn't trolling, just trying to understand. I guess living in an urban environment (even though Tamaqua is small, it looks like a ghetto) and driving down the road, I don't see some of the good parts.

I just know that, to me anyway, seeing a green, colorful landscape is more enjoyable than the grays, browns, and whites of winter.

Just now, Voyager said:

Thanks for the replies, guys. Like I said, I wasn't trolling, just trying to understand. I guess living in an urban environment (even though Tamaqua is small, it looks like a ghetto) and driving down the road, I don't see some of the good parts.

I just know that, to me anyway, seeing a green, colorful landscape is more enjoyable than the grays, browns, and whites of winter.

It's all good Voyager. Everyone has their likes and opinions. Now onto my May snow event big run for the GFS right now. :D

Just now, sauss06 said:

I think i was drawn to weather because of extreme events and being in the emergency services. I use to love wild ass storms. As I've aged, not so much. 

Never cared for them either. I know people that are into Tornadoes, Big T-storms but I am not a fan of either. But I don't mind talking and tracking them. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

I think i was drawn to weather because of extreme events and being in the emergency services. I use to love wild ass storms. As I've aged, not so much. 

Gonna have lots of calls tomorrow for trees down. This solid soaking rain + 45+ mph gusts for 12 hours is a problem. 

13 minutes ago, paweather said:

GFS definitely does have it might have to go to Deep Creek to enjoy the white. 

Boycotting Garrett County for all things weather-related because they decided they just had to be part of the Baltimore/Washington NWS forecast office rather than Pittsburgh. :lol:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, canderson said:

Gonna have lots of calls tomorrow for trees down. This solid soaking rain + 45+ mph gusts for 12 hours is a problem. 

What solid, soaking rain? Not here. We didn't even get a tenth of an inch, and that includes yesterday. I guess you guys got more down that way?

34 minutes ago, Voyager said:

What solid, soaking rain? Not here. We didn't even get a tenth of an inch, and that includes yesterday. I guess you guys got more down that way?

No soaking here.  Just 0.12" for the event.  Getting ready for the HWW.  At least 50% of all foliage here is not fully out yet.  Yesterday's 86 degrees did speed up the process some.

54 minutes ago, Voyager said:

16 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

No soaking here.  Just 0.12" for the event.  Getting ready for the HWW.  At least 50% of all foliage here is not fully out yet.  Yesterday's 86 degrees did speed up the process some.

.08" here. Definitely not a soaking - it's completely dry under the trees and has been all afternoon. 

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

.08" here. Definitely not a soaking - it's completely dry under the trees and has been all afternoon. 

That's exactly what I got here.... 0.08"

Not enough to be beneficial, but just enough to prevent me from cutting the grass.